Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-10-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
snuff

Anyone realize that Mcfadden will be splitting many carries and 4/5ths of his O-Line is gone?
Old 12-10-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
Adrain Peterson when he comes back
Thats not wishful thinking
Old 12-10-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden in another 'Landslide'. But Slaton and Hart will both be finalists methinks. However the winner next year could very well be a first time starter at QB or a breakout QB like it has been a lot.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD
Trying not to be a homer but Henne and Hart will both be talked about with Heisman, because they are both 4 year started on what should be a national title contender. Also you prob gotta have a USC guy in there, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see Patrick Turner's name being thrown around towads the end of the year, he should be the top wideout, and the only really proven one so he'll get a lot of touches.

But thats really all a formality because Jimmy Clausen should be winner his first next year haha.
John David Booty should get some consideration if he plays more consistantly (and provided he beats out Sanchez). My top ten.

1. Hart
2. Mcfadden
3. Brohm (if Bush and Urrutia come back he will be in great position)
4. Slaton
5. Desean Jackson
6. Brennan
7. Bobby Reid (my darkhorse)
8. Rice
9. Ainge (especially if Meachem returns)
10. Booty
Old 12-10-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Anyone realize that Mcfadden will be splitting many carries and 4/5ths of his O-Line is gone?
Don't tell that to Reggie Bush.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Ok, well if McFadden gets 7YPC, plays for the NC, and makes highlight reel plays ever game he can win.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, well if McFadden gets 7YPC, plays for the NC, and makes highlight reel plays ever game he can win.
He does do that very well

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

how the hell is darren mcfadden not on there?

he's the frontrunner...followed by steve slaton, ray rice, and colt brennan.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He does do that very well
He's real good...he'll find a way. Jones won't take nearly as many TD's away from McFadden like White did to Bush, either.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
how the hell is darren mcfadden not on there?

he's the frontrunner...followed by steve slaton, ray rice, and colt brennan.
lol, read the first post.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I seripusly doubt that Manningham will win the Heisman next year.Michigan has other weapons than him.
Whereas Cal has nobody beyond Desean Jackson and Longshore next year.
Defenses will make sure to focus mainly on Jackson since hes the only target for Longshore.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
I seripusly doubt that Manningham will win the Heisman next year.Michigan has other weapons than him.
Defenses will make sure to focus mainly on Jackson since hes the only target for Longshore.
What? The same offense basically is returning and pre-injury Manningham was poised for a heisman run, with Hart, Arrington, and Breaston. Now Breaston is gone. If anything that gives him more potential.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
What? The same offense basically is returning and pre-injury Manningham was poised for a heisman run, with Hart, Arrington, and Breaston. Now Breaston is gone. If anything that gives him more potential.
Desean Jackson is the only target that Longshore has.This year Jackson was depended on more than Lynch.IF Lynch leaves this year then its Desean and Longshore.Noone else.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Desean Jackson is the only target that Longshore has.This year Jackson was depended on more than Lynch.IF Lynch leaves this year then its Desean and Longshore.Noone else.
And teams will key in on Jackson, how does that help him?
Old 12-10-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

It's ridiculous to not have McFadden on the list...the guy beat out Quinn this year as a sophmore!

I think the list of canidates will look like this going in to the season:

1. Darren McFadden - Arkansas
2. Steve Slaton - West Virginia
3. Colt Brennan - Hawaii
4. Mike Hart - Michigan
5. John David Booty - USC

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Deshaun I think has little chance of winning it even though I like him. Like Danman said, if he is the big playmaker next year he will be constantly covered if he is the only threat on the field.

Teams who are smart will not allow the kickers to kick his way either, limiting his returns. If Justin Forsett is staying though he could help relieve a little pressure from Jackson though.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1st thoughts no love for Percy Harvin?

Mr Dark Horses:
Jammal Charles
Percy Harvin
Stephen McGee
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I think its crazy not to include McFadden on the list at all! I think he will be the favorite going into the season. Arkansas is going to have to win the SEC though I think for him to win it.

Why Jaamal Charles? and why at number 2?

Old 12-10-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And teams will key in on Jackson, how does that help him?
thats what it has been lije alot this season.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
I think its crazy not to include McFadden on the list at all! I think he will be the favorite going into the season. Arkansas is going to have to win the SEC though I think for him to win it.

Why Jaamal Charles? and why at number 2?
please learn to read then start responding to my posts
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

ok wise guy

Old 12-10-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Dark Horse canidate: Pat White

Old 12-10-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
danman253

my dark horse: PJ Hill
Old 12-10-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Paul McCall will lead the Florida International Golden Panthers to an undefeated record and a national championship along with winning the Heisman.
:?: Do you know him?
No, I just decided to come up with the most random quarterback I could think of.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Paul McCall will lead the Florida International Golden Panthers to an undefeated record and a national championship along with winning the Heisman.
:?: Do you know him?
No, I just decided to come up with the most random quarterback I could think of.
Casey Dick.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote