Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Maurice Jones Drew has locked it up today
Yup, could pad his stats today still with Taylor heading to the locker room.
well... Young didn't look too bad on his stat sheet either.

But.. Colston... his initials are MC... that'd be great. MC catches the ball it's an MC Touchdown...

sounds like a white rapper from suburbia... MC Touchdown fo' sho!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MJD is looking great, but he's not carrying the team....heck, he's not even their starter.

After today, Vince Young is the only name in the conversation. Everyone else is an afterthought.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks
MJD is looking great, but he's not carrying the team....heck, he's not even their starter.

After today, Vince Young is the only name in the conversation. Everyone else is an afterthought.
Thats stupid. Maurice Jones Drew is in it as much as anyone, if you want to get all technical, Young wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks

Thats stupid. Maurice Jones Drew is in it as much as anyone, if you want to get all technical, Young wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year.
Right, but Jones-Drew is still second to Fred Taylor. Vince Young has taken the Titans on his back and made a very impressive run with a team that wasn't expected to do much. Plus, Jones-Drew may be more impressive on the stat sheet but Young has made more meaningful plays.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for MJD to win it, but I doubt it happens. I think it's between either Addai and VY.

Although, Addai could've lost it today. The hype on ESPN I'm hearing (ESPNews) is "Jones-Drew or Vince Young?"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

if it werent for stupid Fred Taylor MJD would be ROY.non negotionable.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
if it werent for stupid Fred Taylor MJD would be ROY.non negotionable.
Addai is splitting carries as well. :?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
i think it boils down to addai, jones-drew, and young

i think addai will win because of his consistent play all season
Addai really had a bad day running it.
your opinion and everyones opinion will change each and every week... the guy who just came off the big game is suddenly the front runner... i think it will go to him because of wat he has down statistically throughout the ENTIRE year, not just a couple games

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's VY no question. On a pretty bad team, to be able to lead them to victories cannot be ignored. Jones Drew has good stats but his contributions as a RB are limited w/Fred Taylor, but VY is racking up the best stats by himself in the premier position of the league... wins.

The past three games have wrapped it up for him imo.

Rally the team behind 21-0 deficit.
Beat the Colts in a rally.
Beat the Texans in OT

In all these games, VY was instrumental

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now you have to think Vince Young is leading the pack, he took a bad team and basically carried them on his back throughout the past 3 games, I may not have been a fan of this guy before, but I sure as hell am now. Right after Young I got MJD, followed closely but Marques Colston.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Young is 6-4 as a starter with the losses coming to teams with a combined record of 36-15, with two of those losses coming by one single point
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

vince young

my sig said it best
Old 12-10-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Maurice Jones Drew has locked it up today
The only thing Mo Drew locked up was Rookie of the Week honors.

And he did quite a job of it.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY has been so huge for producing victories for his (below average) team... How can anyone ignore that?

I'm neither a VY supporter or basher. I didn't have much of any opinion of him before the draft and I'm very impressed now. You could say the Giants game was a fluke, but given what he's done the past two weeks... WOW. That championship game was a sign of things to come once he went pro.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY has lead the TItans to a 6-4 record. that's right the Titans 6-4. He wins it for me.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins 36
thats funny
Speaking of that, where did you get it? Someone I knew online claimed to have made it and gave it to me and I used it over at MaddenPlanet.com (Nza is my name there), interesting to see if he was telling the truth :)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

These are the only people that matter when talking about ROY:

Kelly Jennings
Darryl Tapp
Rob Sims
David Kirt - ...no
Ryan Plackemeier

Personally I am leaning towards Plack Attack but Tapp makes a good case

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:43 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if colston comes back and has a few more big games he will get it.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Colston lost rookie of the year when he went down with that ankle injury, and other guys like VY, and J-Drew started tearing it up.Which is a shame because he was having a great season up until then.

I think he can possibly reclaim it if he surges strong over the last 3 games and finishes with 1,200 yards, 10 TDs...

however if VY get's 2 more dramatic wins like he's been having...he's a lock for it IMO.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:32 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

addai got his first 100 yard game two weeks ago. mo drew only busts out for long runs which are set up by fred talyor, and colsten hasnt played in a while. the OROY is the heisman i mean runner up for the heisman, omvp of the national title game and the third pick of the draft, vincent young. he has taken a team that earlier in the year was under the helm of a veteran QB kerry collins and went 0-3. they have pretty much no talent, haynesworth missing 8 game is huge also. but somehow vince young has led them to a a surging comeback with his 6-4 recored. he deserves it.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink

This should be a fun race that comes down to the wire.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
i think it boils down to addai, jones-drew, and young

i think addai will win because of his consistent play all season
Addai really had a bad day running it.
your opinion and everyones opinion will change each and every week... the guy who just came off the big game is suddenly the front runner... i think it will go to him because of wat he has down statistically throughout the ENTIRE year, not just a couple games
But it's who has the hype at the end of the year that wins it.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vince Young right now, no question. Not only is he winning games, he's taking the entire team on his back and winning them. He has almost single-handedly turned that franchise around. None of the other candidates come close to being that kind of "valuable".

1. Vince Young

2. Marques Colston
3. Devin Hester
4. Maurice Drew
5. AJ Hawk

Addai is simply a mediocre back in a good system. I mean, he can't seem to beat out Dominic Rhodes for a starting spot. Let's face it, over half the teams in the league have a better BACKUP than Rhodes.
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo
Addai is simply a mediocre back in a good system. I mean, he can't seem to beat out Dominic Rhodes for a starting spot. Let's face it, over half the teams in the league have a better BACKUP than Rhodes.

Rhodes is a mediocre back in a good system. Addai is a good back in a good system.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent G. Young.