Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

steelersfan27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default verron haynes resigned

With Parker hurt, we have resigned Verron Haynes. Does anybody think that Gary Russel will see any time?

http://news.steelers.com/article/86416/
steelersfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Nah I think Carrie Davis will get more carries.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

will verron haynes take his old role at 3rd down back?
Old 12-24-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

TheWood56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In his PC, Tomlin said Davenport and Russell will carry the load. He also said he didn't even know if Haynes will suit up or not. He did say that Haynes is a good 3rd down RB though, but never specifically said if he would come in and play on 3rd downs. As I said though, he doesn't even know if he'll suit Haynes up or not against the Ravens. He said he'll know a whole lot more about the teams situation as a whole and who's going to suit up and who's going to play against the Ravens after the Chargers/Broncos game depending on what happens.

Personally, I'm hoping to see Davenport, Russell, and Davis all getting carries against the Ravens, obviously with Davenport carrying the load, though with Russell getting a few carries here and there and Davis also getting a couple of carries possibly in short yardage situations.
TheWood56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well good for Haynes. I have to say that last year I had some sort of unreasonable hate towards him, not so much because of him, but because we ran 3rd and long screens to him about 6 times a game and it was completely predictable and never did anything. He is a pretty good 3rd down back and hopefully he can stay with the team and play next season.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

verron haynes is good at picking up blitzes and that could help in pass protection on 3rd downs.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haynes is a great 3rd down back, especially in our pathetic excuse of a 3rd down offensive gameplan.

Screen, Dive, Delay Dive, or end around.

Haynes did well for what he was asked and wasn't too shabby average YPCarry/Catch considering other teams knew what we were going to do.

I like the signing, but with us locking up the AFCN. I want to see us run mostly Carey Davis and Gary Russell at Baltimore.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping we are able to field enough of a rushing attack to bring it to JAX when we play them again in the AFCWC.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him even though I spend a lot of the time yeling at him on those 3rd and a million draws we run.