Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Remember when everyone said that if Bush was a WR he'd be the #1 WR prospect? I think it's time for a switch.
BEEN time but Payton refuses. His ego is too big.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Payton drafts another offensive guy in the 1st rd I think you guys should pickett outside the practice facility lol...Is Meachem expected to show something next year?? Because if he pans out he does make the offense more dynamic, and as shown if Bush has the right pieces around him he can be a force and he also makes the defense key on him when he is moving around alot...he just cant be "the guy", but if meachem develops and you guys find a big bruising back bush will be back to making plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd wish I could be the head coach with someone like Bush on my team. I can only imagine some of the trick-plays, slot WR formations, WR screens, etc. I doubt Payton (or any other coach for that matter) would ever give this a shot, so I guess it's moot.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd wish I could be the head coach with someone like Bush on my team. I can only imagine some of the trick-plays, slot WR formations, WR screens, etc. I doubt Payton (or any other coach for that matter) would ever give this a shot, so I guess it's moot.
The fans know this, and the fans of the teams in the Saints division know this, but Sean Payton doesn't. I tell you what, if I, or any Saints fan, was in charge of the organization during an offseason the Saints would be a team to be reckoned with. I have a lot of plans for the Saints offseason and while most of them are centered around bettering the defense, the use of Reggie Bush is key to the offense being successful.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Remember when everyone said that if Bush was a WR he'd be the #1 WR prospect? I think it's time for a switch.
Honestly hes still got some great potential at the RB position and he was starting to come around slowly until he got injured. Next year he begins living up to expectations with some help from Deuce who will be back. Lets be patient people hes only 22 years old.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's best used as that special All-Purpose threat, where you can move him all around the formation..and use him as a receiver out of the backfield on the screens, swing passes, wheel routes. Split him out wide, and use him in the slot, as the Slot receiver, and on End-Arounds, and give him 10-12 carries a game, but he definitely isn't a back you can pound inside the tackles 20 or more times a game... at least not yet. Physically that took too much of a toll on him.

Honestly I don't think his hands are fully reliable to be a full time receiver he HAD a lot of Wide open drops this season on WR screens, and dump offs... not sure whether it was a case of him trying to run before he secured the catch but I really hope he improves the concentration aspect of his game.. because it's essential our Offense controls the clock and keeps the chains moving.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
smittydafreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I like how 3/4ths of the thread is people coming out saying i didn't think reggie was worth the #2 overall pick. A majority of draft followers and scouts thought he was the overall consensus number 1 prospect in this draft.
Only shows you what scouts really know beyond College Stats and Combine results.

Smart football guys, including Parcells, have long said you never use an early 1st round pick for guy who IF FULL TIME IN HIS DEFINED ROLE can't play for 8++ years. Also never use it for a role player.

Not one person felt Bush was a full time RB in the NFL. And most older NFL guys called him a scat back, a better Dante Hall, or a "Dave Meggett type" in Parcells case.

But hype is hype. Let me give you a few IMHO for this draft who produce but are not extraordinary at anything and will be underwhelming in the Pros given their #1 status -- Andre Woodson, DeSean Jackson, Calais Campbell, James Luarinitis ......... and there are a few more.

But it happens every draft with players who produce in college, have the physical tools but just are not "extraordinary enough" in anyone skill to justify their top tier draft status.

Reggie is a great athlete but not big enough for full time pounder, not shiffty enough or great vision like a Sanders, and not even the returner Hester is.

Who would you prefer now Jones Drew or Hester or Bush???