Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Insight Bowl Writeup/Analys

Hey, I didnt get to watch all the players you asked me too, but I got the majority.

James Hardy-Big of course, seems like a long strider who has decent speed. Misjudged two deep passes, and dropped a touchdown and first down. Has decent hands. Pretty much got contained my Perrish Cox.

Tracy Porter- He is a cocky son of a *****. He isnt afraid of contact and is a good defender. I couldnt see that much of his man to man coverage as they played off coverage most of the night. I couldnt see his punt returns because he fair caught it every time.

Adarius Bowman- Abused Leslie Majors. Worked in the slot most of the time. Has great hands and sneaky speed. He will be the best senior reciever in the class. Has good leaping ability and gets off the line great. If he runs a 4.5, in my opinion he will soar up the draft boards.

Leslie Majors- Got Abused when covering Bowman and Dez Bryant. He made one good play on the ball, but other then that, I wasnt impressed at all. Was beat on a jump ball by Bryant for a score.

A few players I would look out for are, Dantrell Savage from OK State. He would be great for KR/PR as he has great vision, speed, and I think he would be a beast there.

Nick Polk, sophmore saftey, impressed me as well. Everywhere the ball was at, he was. He intercepted two passes, one got called back. I think he could be a project for a saftey job. He has good size at 6'2 210.

Marcus Thipgen will be nothing more then a KR/PR at the next level. While he didnt make a splash in the game, I think one little crack and he will be gone.

Dez Bryant impressed me the most out of anyone in the game. Has good size(6'1 180), looked to have good speed, has great hands, and can jump. He was a screan guy, wide reciever end around guy, and their deep threat. He also returned punts for a while. He is a player to watch out for in the '11 draft. He is only a freshman by the way.

I met DJ Wolfe from Oklahoma at the game.Him and a few of his buddies went to where I was sitting and was talking to OK State games. He definately looks the part. He is pretty big. They have him listed at 5'11, but it looks like he is more on the 5'9-5'10 range. He also looks about 215 solid. He should be a player we could pick up in the later rounds. I couldnt figure out who the other players are. I got Wolfes' autograph.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I'm gonna go ahead and add some info on the IU guys for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
James Hardy-Big of course, seems like a long strider who has decent speed. Misjudged two deep passes, and dropped a touchdown and first down. Has decent hands. Pretty much got contained my Perrish Cox.
Hardy had an awful game, he usually has some of the best hands in the NCAA, but he was out of it last night. I wouldn't be shocked to see him stay in school after that game. Just terrible.

Quote:
Tracy Porter- He is a cocky son of a *****. He isnt afraid of contact and is a good defender. I couldnt see that much of his man to man coverage as they played off coverage most of the night. I couldnt see his punt returns because he fair caught it every time.
He is a very good run defender and is a physical corner who will take a lot of risks. Sometimes he'll make a big play off it, sometimes he'll get burnt. He returned a punt to the house earlier this year and definitely has some wheels, but I don't think he's the kind of guy you want as your KR, you can find better.

Quote:
Leslie Majors- Got Abused when covering Bowman and Dez Bryant. He made one good play on the ball, but other then that, I wasnt impressed at all. Was beat on a jump ball by Bryant for a score.
Leslie Majors isn't a NFL prospect and any team that takes him will get nothing out of him. He is not a good corner and he rarely makes up for it with playmaking ability.

Quote:
Nick Polk, sophmore saftey, impressed me as well. Everywhere the ball was at, he was. He intercepted two passes, one got called back. I think he could be a project for a saftey job. He has good size at 6'2 210.
This was his first ever year at the position, he was a Freshman All-American as a wide reciever last season. He's just a great all-around athlete and I think he'll succeed greatly next season as he fully grasps the position and I think he for sure has a future in the NFL.

Quote:
Marcus Thipgen will be nothing more then a KR/PR at the next level. While he didnt make a splash in the game, I think one little crack and he will be gone.
That's all he is in college too, and he didn't even do that this year. He is literally a trackstar in pads, he's a sprinter for the IU track team. He'll get picked up as UDFA by somebody when he does eventually come out, but I would be surprised if anything came of him, his All-American season seems like it was a fluke.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote