Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i decided to go all out with this...it's been a crazy year and i thought it'd be fun to type it out...plus it's new year's eve and i am far beyond unmotivated to do any work.

January and February were fun and care free. took a trip to visit a friend in upper michigan for a weekend, which was very fun...then went on a ski trip with some friends in late february which was also fun. also had a lot of fun nights at the bars in February as everyone i know seems to have a birthday in that month.

in March, everything changed. My wife's grandfather (who she was very close to) died early in the month, and while we were out of town for the funeral we found out my wife was pregnant. it was, without question, some of the craziest few days of my life. later in March we took a vacation that had been planned for almost a year...we went on a cruise with my wife's family. the trip was fun, but between the pregnancy and everyone still being depressed from the death, it wasn't what we thought it'd be.

April started with my friends annual trip to Milwaukee for Brewer's opening day. it was a blast. we drank good beer, tailgated like rock stars and watched Ben Sheets dominate the Dodgers....and we even got our picture in the paper. the other highlight of April was the draft...i sat home alone and watched almost all of the first day. It was a very entertaining draft this year.

May...actually, i don't even think May happened this year. weird.

In June, I went on the annual camping trip with my wife's extended family. it was very different than most years as it was the side of the family that had just lost their father/grandfather. it was very weird to think he was there and health the previous year.

July and August were a lot of fun lake weekends, and a few Brewer games, and a camping trip with some friends in late July to norhern Wisconsin. it was a great time and we already set that as a weekend we'll get a babysitter for so we can do the same thing again in 2008. also, in july, the wife had an ultra sound and we decided to stick with our plan of NOT finding out the gender of the baby until it was born.

September and October were dominated by baby planning. shopping for a crib was quite the ordeal...but, by early october, our guest room had been completely transformed into a nursery, complete with a crib, changing table, dresser and rocking chair. i rule at putting stuff together. the baby shower was in early october and i had a poker party for all the men whose wives were at the shower for the day.

Then, on October 29th, the fun started. The Baby wasn't due until November 11th and Wifey had a routine OB checkup at 5:00 pm. the doctor checked her over and told her there was absolutely no signs of labor and she'd likely go to her due date or close to it. So, we went home, watched the Packers beat the Broncos in overtime on monday night football and went to bed at about 11:00. at 3 AM, my wife woke me up to say she's been having pains in her back...because of the doctor appointment we had less than 12 hours earlier, she never even considered the fact that the pains she was having were contractions. When i suggested it, she disagreed, but i started timing anyway, and by 4:45 the pains had gotten to be less than 5 minutes apart, so, we got our stuff and went to the hospital. we got there at about 5:30 and she was already 7 CM. she was pushing by 9 am and Lydia Kailyn was born at 9:57.

I started november with 2 weeks leave from work to be at home with the new baby and the best word i can think of to describe that time is 'intense'. really, crazy and exciting time. not a lot of sleep though. on thanksgiving weekend we went to MN for the weekend so my wife's extended family could see the baby. it was pretty ambitious considering she was only 3 weeks old, but it went well.

December was more of the same with baby times. travelled a lot over christmas week and the remaining members of our extended family got to meet the baby.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Two Words......Soulja Boi

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

NEWS stories: (in Order)

1. Anna Nicole Smith Death and aftermath
2. VA Tech Shooting
3. Don Imus Saying "Nappy Headed Hoe"
4. Vick and Dogfighting
5. Britney Spears in genreal
Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- moving into a house
- making new friends
- paying off my car

but the one thing i will probably remember 50 years from now is 16-0. although i hate the patriots, i'm glad to have been apart of history.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Superbad #5? Explain.
It's his opinion....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Well for me it would have to be these things.

Loosing financial aid for school- Had to get a real job for the first time in my life and hated it. Fortunately for me my dad pulled some strings and I work with him now. I'm in the process of saving up money to get back in and earn my financial aid back.

Getting in my first wreck- Coming home from work on a back road with no lights I missed a curve and I put my truck in a ditch. Luckily it was raining and the ditch was filled with water so there was no major damage to my truck.

Meeting my g/f- I met the girl i'm confident i'm going to spend the rest of my life with in April and this year will be special for that simple fact.

Sean Taylor's death- I was out of town working when I found out. I just couldn't believe it. Without knowing him you just knew he was trying to get his life together and we lost a great football player and a great person.

Marquise Hill's death- Being a Tiger fan this one hurt. He led us to the 2003 NC and was a leader on and off the field. Earned 2 rings (i think, 3?) and he helped save his wife before he was swept by the undertow. He was truly a hero and will be missed.

The Mitchell Report- finding out that arguably the best pitcher ever got shot in the ass with 'roids is disappointing. While it is filled with a lot of no names there are a few names that surprised me.

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember right now.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
- moving into a house
- making new friends
- paying off my car

but the one thing i will probably remember 50 years from now is 16-0. although i hate the patriots, i'm glad to have been apart of history.
Ya i would have to agree with you... im glad i watched that game, now i can say i witnessed history haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this year was a pretty big one for me:
Got named to my city's east-west allstar game and played in that. one of the funnest things ive ever done, very proud of it and was happy to miss out on most of my senior trip for it. met alot of great people and just had an absolute blast in the 2 weeks of practice leading up to the game. the game itself was one of the toughest games ive ever personally played in as i went up against two allstate noseguards who went on to play D1 ball at UC.

Graduated Highschool/went on senior trip for a few days and went on vacation for a week after that. Those 2/3 weeks were some of the funnest times so far in my life and having the allstar game in the midst of it was truly awesome. Senior trip to panama was short but awesome nonetheless. After that i started preparing for college football/worked a ton/went to a ton of grad parties. Near the end of the summer i got arrested for the first time which was pretty much the biggest annoyance of the whole year. had to do 60 hours of community service.

Then college and college football started. Was a big time adjustment and it took me awhile to get away from partying alot and to do my school work. Fortunately I made the 2nd team and got to play in about 4 or 5 games. We made the playoffs but lost a close one in the first round. Since the season ended i just got back into working more and partying pretty much. Unfortunately this new year's eve won't be very fun as i am spending it at home and not even drinking because i have to work at 8am 2moro.

All in all its been pretty damn fun and if next year can be half as fun it will be great.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:22 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still cant get over the death of Sean Taylor, I remember falling asleep watching ESPN News and Sportcenter. I wake up early in the morning and I got on the bus around the same time they annoced his death. When I got to school and heard about it I felt terrible. For the first time in my life I really empathized with people. I could seriously feel the pain his family felt, pain the team and coaches felt. It just tore me up that a young, talented man with a baby girl was killed in the prime of life. And then the aftermath. The idiots on CNN "Sean Taylor does have a criminal past, may have been his past caught up to him." They had the whole nation fooled it seemed that Taylor somehow deserved this, that he brought it upon himself. Also I encourage everyone to buy the SI issue with Favre on the cover because of the award. It has a great article on Sean's life and death and the aftermath. Here's a quote from Chris Samuels in the article. "How in this great country can a man be asleep in his own bedroom, get shot, and in the media it's like he did something wrong to deserve this."

Anyway onto the happier things...
Recovery of Everett
Revitalization of Favre and the Pack
Getting to see three Skins games (Cards, Boys this weeked, and the other escapes me) And one KC game (TEN)
Charlie Wilsons war was great
This stupid writers strike which has kept all my favorite shows from being on.
Some other stuff

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the NBA betting scandal with Tim Donaghey in terms of sports. That was one of the biggest sports stories of the year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:15 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Michael Vick
- VA Tech shootings
- Barry Bonds
- Pats 16-0
- Sean Taylor's death
- Me getting so wasted that I wake up in the hospital the next morning
- Beginning of college

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Jags#7
Veteran

Jags#7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2007 was first sex for me

Sig thanks to Tobzilla
Jags#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags#7 View Post
2007 was first sex for me
way to go man...here's to much more poon!
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

My 2007 was great....

I'll preface by saying that I graduated college with my bachelors in criminal justice and graduated the police academy all at the end of 2006...

January-February....started looking for a cop job throughout the state of Florida....
March-April....got a job at Gainesville Police Department...moved to Gainesville
May-June...proposed to my long time g/f
September...Got married
October...Bought house
November-December....chilled...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote