Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
hornjbob

Im a die hard Jags fan and frequent this site often and at first when I saw Mario Manningham in Scotts mock I said "Not again" But I think hes right about the Jags swallowing their pride and taking another WR if not maybe a CB. But if they do decide on a WR who do you think they should take and who fits their mould, Ex. Manningham (If he declares), Doucet, Bowman maybe Sweed
Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quentin Groves.

4-3 WLB and 3rd down edge rusher.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Quentin Groves.

4-3 WLB and 3rd down edge rusher.
why would we need a lazy pass rusher that chooses when he goes after the quarterback? and why would we need a hybrid? Groves is a projected second rounder...

I would not mind Manningham but WR is not an absolute need anymore...Derrick Harvey or Aqib Talib...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defensive end should be #1 priority, IMO. I'd say if we want to get a WR, it should be in FA as the FA wideout market is gonna be good and they are proven, while we don't wanna be stuck with another underachieving pick.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Defensive end should be #1 priority, IMO. I'd say if we want to get a WR, it should be in FA as the FA wideout market is gonna be good and they are proven, while we don't wanna be stuck with another underachieving pick.
who do you like at the WR position in FA?

Personally I think Bernard Berrian should be a guy that we go after...
Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryant Johnson looks like a good fit in FA for the Jags.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not quite sure yet who I like, but I know it's a good market to find a good choice. I'm also not sure if I actually want to get one, considering the strange current situation.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-04-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...Two threads in the Jags forum?!

Anyway, with the Jaguar OL playing better now, is OL in the Draft now strictly a 2nd Day need?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
...Two threads in the Jags forum?!

Anyway, with the Jaguar OL playing better now, is OL in the Draft now strictly a 2nd Day need?
Yeah, I was thinking of enforced That Unwritten Rule, but I'll pass for now.

And yes, the OL is probably day 2. While the line has played very well, there is some instability at a few positions that competition from a mid-level draft pick could help sort out.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not quite sure yet who I like, but I know it's a good market to find a good choice. I'm also not sure if I actually want to get one, considering the strange current situation.
I know it seems like we may not need one...but we still need that one guy that can change the game for us...I don't know who that would be but I know he's not currently on the roster....not from what I've seen...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Let's make this the Official Jaguars Draft Thread. I can't edit titles, so I'll ask a mod/admin to.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-06-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm like a genie, I grant wishes.

Also, stop drafting good players, Jags.

Last edited by Geo : 01-06-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Well, if you're a genie, I expect two more wishes. One has to do with oodles of cash and the other has to do with the Jaguars winning the Super Bowl. Make it quick.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-06-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can only grant wishes that don't hurt the Colts. Sorry, amigo.

So, defensive end is the biggest need for the Jags? I've actually thought their DEs have played better this season than in recent years, from what I've seen, although I can see the need for a consistently dominant guy to harass opposing quarterbacks and help out the secondary.

Has Brent Hawkins played much? He seems like he could come off the edge and cause some havoc. He was coached by John Teerlink's son at Illinois State and studied Freeney and Mathis, I recall reading.

Also, I think we can all agree that the Jags need to bolster the secondary a bit, probably at cornerback primarily. Maybe some depth at safety, which can also improve special teams.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornjbob View Post
Im a die hard Jags fan and frequent this site often and at first when I saw Mario Manningham in Scotts mock I said "Not again" But I think hes right about the Jags swallowing their pride and taking another WR if not maybe a CB. But if they do decide on a WR who do you think they should take and who fits their mould, Ex. Manningham (If he declares), Doucet, Bowman maybe Sweed
We in the MidWest watch lots of Michigan -- take my advice, skip on Manningham and take Arrington. You'll likely save 1 first and invest a 3rd on that swap.

Arrington has better hands and concentration plus he is fast enuff at 6'3.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I can only grant wishes that don't hurt the Colts. Sorry, amigo.

So, defensive end is the biggest need for the Jags? I've actually thought their DEs have played better this season than in recent years, from what I've seen, although I can see the need for a consistently dominant guy to harass opposing quarterbacks and help out the secondary.

Has Brent Hawkins played much? He seems like he could come off the edge and cause some havoc. He was coached by John Teerlink's son at Illinois State and studied Freeney and Mathis, I recall reading.

Also, I think we can all agree that the Jags need to bolster the secondary a bit, probably at cornerback primarily. Maybe some depth at safety, which can also improve special teams.
Paul Spicer has been the big guy moreso. Like you said, I think we should look for a consistenly dominant pass-rusher. Bobby McCray dropped off the map this year (except for last night...BOOOYAH), going from 10 sacks to 3. Reggie Hayward came off the injury, and had 3.5 sacks in a down year. And I agree with your points on the secondary: I think depth is key, although experience for the starters is crucial.

To be honest, I don't know how much Brent has really played. He has good speed and shows flashes of talent, but he's a third down pass-rush type. And I think that's what he's done this season, but I don't have an estimate of how much he's actually played.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
hornjbob

If Calais Campbell is somehow still on the board at our pick we should take him if not I think Aqib Talib would be a good fit at CB
Old 01-06-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I really think the only way we're going to bolster the defensive secondary is if we draft a CB and move Brian Williams to SS...that's the only I can envision us truly being better back there....

other than that...Defensive End...Paul Spicer is like 33 years old and while he's had an amazing year he's just getting plain old and we need a young stud that can rush the passer and stop the run....

if Campbell was still on the board, by some unknown reason, when we were picking I'd kill for us to pick him...I do like Aqib Talib though...Derrick Harvey says hello as well...
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

when do we start thinking about MLB. Mike Peterson is getting up there is age and has been injured a little more frequently the past several years

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7 View Post
when do we start thinking about MLB. Mike Peterson is getting up there is age and has been injured a little more frequently the past several years
Daryl Smith would probably stay there, and Durant would fill Daryl's spot. I could have that reversed, but the idea's the same: we have the fill-ins, it's just depth after that.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Daryl Smith would probably stay there, and Durant would fill Daryl's spot. I could have that reversed, but the idea's the same: we have the fill-ins, it's just depth after that.
Daryl is a better MLB than he is OLB...it's the natural position he played in college and he's played lights out the past two seasons there....I believe we will look at not bringing Peterson back in the offseason...he's getting old and the injuries are starting to take their toll....

Durant has been lights out this season in the OLB spot...I think our Linebackers right now are very underrated...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
TheSchmidt
Rookie

TheSchmidt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

After watching tonight's game it's clear that the biggest need is DE. Spicer is getting old, and Hayward has been a bust since he signed with us. Not sure McCray is the guy either.

Good thing the draft has some good players with Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, Calais Campbell, Lawrence Jackson, Derrick Harvey and Phillip Merling.

We obviously won't get some of those guys unless we trade up, but trading up isn't a bad idea either. Probably should go the way of defensive back in the 2nd round.

If they acquire a WR, it needs to be a Larry Fitzgerald type, we have enough of those #2/#3 type. WR is the least of my worries right now.

Last edited by TheSchmidt : 01-13-2008 at 01:10 AM.
TheSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm doing a mock draft on another forum as the Jags and here are the results through four rounds. Tell me what you guys think.

Round 1 - DE Calais Campbell, The U
Round 2 - DT Red Bryant, Texas A&M
Round 3 - LB Beau Bell, UNLV
Round 4 - S Tyrell Johnson, Arkansas St.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

well....I think you forgot a third rounder but that is a solid draft...
Old 03-21-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
well....I think you forgot a third rounder but that is a solid draft...
Yeah, I think they got it wrong in the draft.

Here's the complete mock draft I did for you guys on another forum:

Round 1 DE Calais Campbell
Round 2 DT Red Bryant
Round 3 LB Beau Bell
Round 4 S Tyrell Johnson
Round 5 RB Justin Forsett
Round 5 DE Titus Brown
Round 7 CB Justin Tyron

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog: