Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Statistical writeup of Ben Vs. Eli

Here's my opinion on Ben. He only needs 20-25 passes a game. Why? Because, he has one of the best YPA's in the league year in and out. He's one of the most accurate QB's in the league as well.

Ben Roethlisberger is tied for the 3rd highest YPA in the league (Favre and Manning). Now thats pretty good. He seems to be pretty content to throw 20-25 times a game.

Eli Manning, a 56.1% Completion, 6.3 yard per attempt average.
Marc Bulger, 58.5% completion, 6.3 yard per attempt average.
Jason Campbell, a 60.0% Completion, 6.5 YPA average
Drew Brees, 67.5% Completion, 6.7 YPA Average.

Say Ben and Eli have a faceoff and decide they want to throw it for 500 yards a piece. In doing so each has 5 TD's and 2 Picks.

Eli has, on average, to throw the ball 80 times. Of those 80 Passes, only 44 would be caught. Giving Eli:

44/79 for 500yds, 5TD's 2 Picks, 84.375 QB Rating.

Ben on the other hand has to only attempt 64 passes, 16 fewer attempts than Eli. Of those 64 passes Ben would complete 42. 2 fewer than Eli, but on 16 less attempts. Ben would then have:

42/64 for 500yards, 5TD's, 2 Picks and 102.344QB Rating.

Or we could use this Theoretical state:

Instead of guaging by yards. What about Attempts?

Each throws the ball 100 times.

Eli Manning would be:

56/100, 630 yards, YPA: 6.30 yards, YPC: 11.25, TD's: 7, TD per Attempt: 0.07, INT: 7, INT per attempt: .07

QB Rating: 69.167

Ben:

65/100, 780 yards, YPA: 7.8, YPC:12, TD's: 8, TD Per Attempt: .08, INT: 2, INT per Attempt: .02

QB Rating: 107.083

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...you have allot of time...but i love this kinda stuff.

Is there anyway you could do a simple writup for each player (nothing complicated)...just commenting on players progresion, potential etc...

I've been thinking about it myself...and i'm actually starting to doubt Anthony Smith(and i love the kid), he seems to be regressing...what do you think about this? Thanks allot

EDIT: Ben Rules
Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
wow...you have allot of time...but i love this kinda stuff.

Is there anyway you could do a simple writup for each player (nothing complicated)...just commenting on players progresion, potential etc...

I've been thinking about it myself...and i'm actually starting to doubt Anthony Smith(and i love the kid), he seems to be regressing...what do you think about this? Thanks allot

EDIT: Ben Rules
Haha, I have time because my job is on Xmas break as is school. Plus now with a torrent site i've been watching all the bowl games.

I watched Anthony Smith in college, I talked to him a lot in college. He's a really good kid. He's cocky, but for him being faulted for it, I'm tired hearing "This team needs a Joey Porter", then when he does the Joey Porter talk everyone complains.

I think NE really dashed his confidence. He and LeBeau need to sit down and say "I want you to do this" and work with him, he's a great ballhawk and in his 9 games hs only 3 less INT's than Ike Taylor and 1 less than Bryant McFadden..

I mean, the most INT's anyone on our defense has had in a season is 4. Thats Deshea.

I think in a Tampa2 we'll get more picks.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This debate isn't even worth having anymore. We al know who is the best QB out of that draft class.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do a comparison of ben and brady or peyton... we know ben is the best on the draft as smooth said, and now hes being compared to the best in the game, id liek to see how he stands up to then statistically

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah do Bens first 4 seasons v thier first 4 seasons...that would be awsome
Old 01-01-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

I'll go ahead and do Manning. Then maybe Brady.

I'm watching the Wisconsin v Tennessee game and Casillas, Hayden and Strickland from Wisconsin look amazing.

Beckum looks like if he comes out he'll be a Big WR, but he also seems to run lazy routes as the game goes on.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus Eli has no fire, passion or leadership skills

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote