Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Will the Death of Hunt Influence the Outcome of SD/KC game?

We saw the Giants last year get inspired and absolutely destroy the Redskins when they lost Wellington. I don't think any team in NFL history wouldve beat them that day.

Will KC pull off the same thing? They are underdogs, but it is also a division rival, and they have beat them before. Will they honor Hunt with a victory, or is SD's talent too much too overcome? It should be interesting as well if this unfortunate circumstance alters the spread of the game.

NOTE: If this thread is inappropriate, or doesn't belong in the NFL discussion, I have no problem with it being locked.

And keep the debating clean guys.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Will the Death of Hunt Influence the Outcome of SD/KC ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
We saw the Giants last year get inspired and absolutely destroy the Redskins when they lost Wellington. I don't think any team in NFL history wouldve beat them that day.

Will KC pull off the same thing? They are underdogs, but it is also a division rival, and they have beat them before. Will they honor Hunt with a victory, or is SD's talent too much too overcome? It should be interesting as well if this unfortunate circumstance alters the spread of the game.

NOTE: If this thread is inappropriate, or doesn't belong in the NFL discussion, I have no problem with it being locked.

And keep the debating clean guys.
As much as I feel bad for the passing of Lamar Hunt, If KC finishes 9-7 Pittsburgh could still make the playoffs.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both the Chiefs and Pittsburgh are not making the playoffs.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say they do get inspired for the SD game.If they don't they are truely heartless
Old 12-14-2006, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
If KC wins on Sunday, I think them and Jacksonville make it. I think Cinncy's gonna hit a cold streak soon.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year it was Trent Green's dad. Conspiracy?

clearly kidding.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They could both make the playoffs... the Cheifs much easier than the Steelers.

If Pittsburgh and KC finish 9-7 for the final spot we have the tie breaker.

you never know.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs just plain suck on the road there next two games are on the road I would be shocked if they win out.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
The Chiefs just plain suck on the road there next two games are on the road I would be shocked if they win out.
Who knows, maybe theyll get some good fortune. Maybe they'll play with more passion now.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy the whole inspired thing. And I don't buy that the Giants could have beaten anyone that day last year. Giants played the likes of the Skins last year. That isn't like the Chargers of this year.

More likely the Giants killed the Redskins because of Antonio Pierce. He knew exactly what the Skins would do on defense and told the offensive coaches so they could adjust and it worked perfectly. On the first drive the skins like to run defenses that counter the top 5 plays the opposing teams like to use. Pierce knew this and just a simple switch of running a play to the weakside instead of the strongside like they always did, resutled in a huge gain on the first play from scrimmage.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
I don't buy the whole inspired thing. And I don't buy that the Giants could have beaten anyone that day last year. Giants played the likes of the Skins last year. That isn't like the Chargers of this year.

More likely the Giants killed the Redskins because of Antonio Pierce. He knew exactly what the Skins would do on defense and told the offensive coaches so they could adjust and it worked perfectly. On the first drive the skins like to run defenses that counter the top 5 plays the opposing teams like to use. Pierce knew this and just a simple switch of running a play to the weakside instead of the strongside like they always did, resutled in a huge gain on the first play from scrimmage.
I was at that game...there was no way in hell anyone was beating the Giants that day. It wasn't just outsmarting the Skins, they just pushed them around physically as well. It was like a college game almost. Brunell had no where to go, we got pressure on them every play, even with 4 guys. They were just really amped that game, you could feel it in the air.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I was at that game...there was no way in hell anyone was beating the Giants that day. It wasn't just outsmarting the Skins, they just pushed them around physically as well. It was like a college game almost. Brunell had no where to go, we got pressure on them every play, even with 4 guys. They were just really amped that game, you could feel it in the air.
And the Skins weren't very good. And still aren't. They aren't San Diego. I think Hunt's death has no effect on the game. San Diego will keep rolling on.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I think the trash talking going on between the teams will have more of an effect on the game than Hunt's passing.

To get everyone up to speed......

“What sticks out in my mind is them calling us soft last game,” Tomlinson said. “Obviously as a player, when somebody calls you soft, you don’t like it too much.”

LT made these comments based on Hali's quote from a few weeks ago:

“After running the film we didn't think they were as physical as we faced (earlier this year),” Hali said. “The Steelers were physical. We played a physical game there. We were all banged up when we came out of there. Looking at the film, we know they (the Chargers) were a finesse team. We didn't think they were that physical a team, so we thought we could get after them.”

Then Shane Olivea decided to get in on the act....

"When we play them, he's about to get that (rear end) whipped,” right tackle Shane Olivea said. “When you play a team twice, you can't say something like that. Especially when you made a play or two, you ain't in no position. That's just a rookie running his mouth. But trust me, I'm going to shut that mouth"

What's worse....Shane Olivea talking trash, or a rookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And the Skins weren't very good. And still aren't. They aren't San Diego. I think Hunt's death has no effect on the game. San Diego will keep rolling on.
I don't think KC will win, I was just posing the question. I do think it will be closer than I initially projected though.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Olivea isn't that bad. I think a rookie running his mouth is worse.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think the Chiefs will make the playoffs...

but I believe they will come out fired up Sunday Night and end up with an emotional win.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think a similar situation happened with SF a while back, when some owner died mid-game, in like the 50s or 60s? They were down and came back i think, against chi.

Anyways i expect the chiefs to play with fire. Theyre gona be inspired. I think kc will play far beyond their talent and win this game. I dont see san diego winning.

PS is the game in kansas city or san diego? If its in kansas i think theres a 0 percent chance san diego walks out with a win.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's in San Diego
Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
It's in San Diego
enough said, eh?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81

Uh...a rookie. Olivea is a good tackle. Better than Roaf? No. Welbourn? Maybe. But better than what's left of Kyle Turley, or whoever the hell is playing tackle for the Chiefs right now? Definitely.

This game's in our house, and we get a bye locked up if we win and Indy loses.

No matter what happens though, it's nice to know Chiefs fans will have many years of watching herm put together a championship team with Will Shields, Trent Green, Gonzo, Kennison, Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, Sammy Knight, and the rest of the youthful and exuberant players over there.

Seriously, is it me or is every impact player of KC about to retire? LJ notwithstanding.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81

Uh...a rookie. Olivea is a good tackle. Better than Roaf? No. Welbourn? Maybe. But better than what's left of Kyle Turley, or whoever the hell is playing tackle for the Chiefs right now? Definitely.

This game's in our house, and we get a bye locked up if we win and Indy loses.

No matter what happens though, it's nice to know Chiefs fans will have many years of watching herm put together a championship team with Will Shields, Trent Green, Gonzo, Kennison, Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, Sammy Knight, and the rest of the youthful and exuberant players over there.

Seriously, is it me or is every impact player of KC about to retire? LJ notwithstanding.
Good dig there.....wait, you lost to KC already this season, so you really have no room to talk smack at this point.

And honestly, Shane Olivea isn't that good. Is he better than KC's tackles? Probably, but that's not saying much. Olivea is what, a top 20 tackle? Top 30?

This whole situation is hilarious in that the SD players have to use this to pump themselves up for the game. Hali didn't really say anything insulting, and he certainly didn't say they were soft.

This is sooooo overhyped. This is quintessential Marty locker room psychology. He did that nearly every game. Find some quote that sort of sounds like something really insulting and pin it up and get everyone all fired up.

We know Merriman will be using this to get him ready for the game, now that he doesn't have Deca pumping through his veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think KC will give SD their best shot. It really depends on the Chargers. I think they've been looking forward to this one since the Cheifs won in KC, and the Chargers felt they didn't play their best game (bad turnovers in the first quarter, critical penalty on the last possession)

It will definitely be an emotional game for both teams (Schottenheimer was still very close to Lamar Hunt). I hope the Chargers wear the powder blues as a tribute to the old AFL days.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A Herm Edwards team finishing strong in December? Yeah... :roll:
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
I think KC will give SD their best shot. It really depends on the Chargers. I think they've been looking forward to this one since the Cheifs won in KC, and the Chargers felt they didn't play their best game (bad turnovers in the first quarter, critical penalty on the last possession)

It will definitely be an emotional game for both teams (Schottenheimer was still very close to Lamar Hunt). I hope the Chargers wear the powder blues as a tribute to the old AFL days.
itd be cool if the Chiefs wore the old Dallas jerseys.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think the Chiefs will be inspired by Hunt's death if they aren't they don't have a pulse, and beat the Chargers. I'm not saying that's the sole reason they'll beat SD but I think it will have a tangible effect on the Chiefs. I think there are some things in life like this that can't be explained with logic or reason but I believe in it anyway.