Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:
I'll predict Sidney does break the record, or at least come very close. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for it but I don't care. I'll stick with my prediction Moses. :D
I'll predict that Tomlinson will score 80 rushing touchdowns next season. Anybody can make a flatout stupid prediction. :P
Sidney has yet to reach his potential, and I think he's got a shot. Not saying he will but he's got a shot. :D
It's not his talent. It's the fact that NOBODY will ever score 200 points again, unless the game changes dramatically.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's true what Moses is saying. Most people think that the NHL is so wide-open now. And offensive but when Wayne was playing it was alot more wide-open and more offensive. The goalies weren't as good and didn't have as big pads. Crosby will be good but no Wayne Gretzky
Old 12-14-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marek Svatos
Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan

Marek Svatos
Okay?

I hope ur not suggesting Svatos is anywere near these two :roll:
Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope, just reppin' my fav. player.

Definately Crosby.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NHL is in a good stage of offense but Gretzky's point total is much like DiMaggio's hitting streak, some people may get some stage but no one is going to break it unless they extended the game, period length or take out goalies for a period. Crosby is beyond talented but the all-around play of players may also be at a higher rate due to the athleticism of some of the goalies.

Anyway, as a Flyers fan, the team just looks pitiful all over. There are some bright spots in Gagne, Knuble, Sanderson (when he was healthy), Picard and even Umberger but the rest of the team is just from the AHL. The injuries have taken it's toll, yes as it is part of the problem but the fact is Boyd Kane, Niko Dimitrakos, Martin Grenier are not NHL players. But I do love Ryan Potulny and want to see how he can develop!

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
The NHL is in a good stage of offense but Gretzky's point total is much like DiMaggio's hitting streak, some people may get some stage but no one is going to break it unless they extended the game, period length or take out goalies for a period. Crosby is beyond talented but the all-around play of players may also be at a higher rate due to the athleticism of some of the goalies.

Anyway, as a Flyers fan, the team just looks pitiful all over. There are some bright spots in Gagne, Knuble, Sanderson (when he was healthy), Picard and even Umberger but the rest of the team is just from the AHL. The injuries have taken it's toll, yes as it is part of the problem but the fact is Boyd Kane, Niko Dimitrakos, Martin Grenier are not NHL players. But I do love Ryan Potulny and want to see how he can develop!
Pop in the NHL Discussion thread once in a while
Old 12-14-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Belish
Rookie

Belish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
A big reason for that has to be the difference in pads for now compared to then. Look at the pads that goalies used to wear back then they really didnt cover much. The league made restrictions to the size of goalies pads a couple years ago, but they are still over sized and goalies still cover much more net than they did back in the 80s. This has to be one of the bigger reasons for amount of scoring then and now.

Jagr and Thorton both had great years last year and they werent close to Gretzky's record. It will not be broken.
Great post. For you visual learners:

Patrick Roy in 1986ish

Patrick Roy in 2003ish

Just look at the leg pads and the trapper. In '86 the trapper was pretty much a baseball mitt with an extra piece in the wrist.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll predict Sidney does break the record, or at least come very close. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for it but I don't care. I'll stick with my prediction Moses. :D
I'll predict that Tomlinson will score 80 rushing touchdowns next season. Anybody can make a flatout stupid prediction. :P
Sidney has yet to reach his potential, and I think he's got a shot. Not saying he will but he's got a shot. :D
It's not his talent. It's the fact that NOBODY will ever score 200 points again, unless the game changes dramatically.
I'm sticking to my prediction :D (even though I may be wrong). :(

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink

From what ive seen Alex
Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
From what ive seen Alex
You haven't seen much then have you...

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gretzky has almost 1000 points over the #2 guy (Messier) on the all time points list
To catch him, Crosby would need to average almost 150 points per season over a 20 year career.
This season at age 19, Crosby is averaging about 1.75 points per game. If he were to play in 20 FULL seasons (including last year), and kept up that monstrous pace, then he would finsih with an estimated approximate total of 2828 points. Gretzky finished his career with 2857. Factor in imropovement as a player, injuries, and the wear and tear of 20 season in the league, and who really knows. I'll say I highly highly doubt he does it, and he would have to play in a substantial number more games than Gretzky did to have any chance
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Gretzky has almost 1000 points over the #2 guy (Messier) on the all time points list
To catch him, Crosby would need to average almost 150 points per season over a 20 year career.
This season at age 19, Crosby is averaging about 1.75 points per game. If he were to play in 20 FULL seasons (including last year), and kept up that monstrous pace, then he would finsih with an estimated approximate total of 2828 points. Gretzky finished his career with 2857. Factor in imropovement as a player, injuries, and the wear and tear of 20 season in the league, and who really knows. I'll say I highly highly doubt he does it, and he would have to play in a substantial number more games than Gretzky did to have any chance

It's doubtful...but not out of the question...but no, Gretzky will remain the greates

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote