Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.
Which actually led to having the best pass defense in the league. So what's your point? :?
Which has led to the Raiders success.... :roll: Building a team around fast defensive backs, for the first round of the past three out of four years was dumb, and a big reason why they are in a crapper at this point and time.
It's not the defense that is failing to us, rather the offense. Davis did a very good job in the draft, only player I see not having success is McQuistan. We were expecting Art Shell, Jackie Slater, and Irv Eatman to revamp our Linemen, but they installed a new and different system which is based on hitting your players and then dropping back, which clearly is not working. Then hiring Tom Walsh didn't help, his ignorance for knowledge of modern football hurt the Raiders.. badly. The draft is not what is killing the Raiders, it is Davis not willing to give power to his head coaches.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.
OK. If mediocrity is your tradition, then go root for it. Being a Giants fan, I wanted George Young to retire gracefully when he started drafting on first round bust after another (after Rodney Hampton). The guy rambled incoheritantly on radio shows. He went from hero to embarrassment. Time change, I want my team to win.
if someone were to step in Al's place and have the traditions stay then hell yah i would take him or her anyday.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

I love how people keep saying all you draft is fast db's. Yea we did and look how they turned out. Only bad pick we've had lately was Gallery. We had a ton of steals like Kirk Morrison and Ron Curry. The other misconception is that the franchise is too old school. How many franchise ceo's are female?
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Actually the only failures the Raiders have had at fast DBs as of this decade are Derrick Gibson and Phillip Buchannon.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Actually the only failures the Raiders have had at fast DBs as of this decade are Derrick Gibson and Phillip Buchannon.
And the Raiders still turned Buchanon into Kirk Morrison and Fabian Washington. Buchanon didn't even last with the Texans, getting his outright release in the offseason one year later.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote