Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rushing Title?

I'm going to NOT be a homer and say the MVP LT will get it but it is going to be a very close race.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as they don't sit LT, he should get it. He still gets to play Seattle and Arizona.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 PM    (permalink

I'll say LT but it really depends how much each of them get to play over the next few weeks.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Frank Gore. He'll get another 125+ against Arizona, and at least 80-90 against Denver, giving him 1,700+ on the season.

LT won't get enough touches in the last couple of games, and LJ will come close but fall a little short.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ plays SD,Oak and the Jags they are all playing pretty good on D but there is no way we sit LJ since we have to win out.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Frank Gore. He'll get another 125+ against Arizona, and at least 80-90 against Denver, giving him 1,700+ on the season.

LT won't get enough touches in the last couple of games, and LJ will come close but fall a little short.
You're aware that LJ still has 3 games to play right?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:

Yes, what's your point?

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-15-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, what's your point?
Is there really any need to elaborate?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Not really lol.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LJ has some hard D's to play against so I'm going to have to sy LT gets it.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, what's your point?
Yes, there really is.

Have you seen the way Frank Gore has been running the past 6 games? With the exception being the Saints game when SF had to abandon the run pretty early, he's had at least 130 rush yards in 5 of the last 6. His remaining games are Arizona and Denver, ranked 18th and 12th in rush defense. LJ has to play Jacksonville and San Diego, both ranked in the top 10 in rush D, in addition to Oakland. I think he'll come close, but Gore will edge him out. What's so hard to believe about that? :x

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-15-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nothing really he's is and down the road is gonna be great. I saw last night he domalished the Seahawks. If he keeps up the way he is playing he is going to have the rushing title.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, what's your point?
Yes, there really is.

Have you seen the way Frank Gore has been running the past 6 games? With the exception being the Saints game when SF had to abandon the run pretty early, he's had at least 130 rush yards in 5 of the last 6. His remaining games are Arizona and Denver, ranked 18th and 12th in rush defense. LJ has to play Jacksonville and San Diego, both ranked in the top 10 in rush D, in addition to Oakland. I think he'll come close, but Gore will edge him out. What's so hard to believe about that? :x
You're right, Gore has been tearing it up lately. But if you watched the game last night, then you know that he was averaging 2.5 yards a carry until the last few minutes when Seattle had pretty much given up. Denver will almost surely shut him down. On the other hand, you have another RB who has been tearing it up on a weekly basis. All he has to do is perform at a standard level over the course of 3 games. His climb is much less steep. Gore basically needs to have the best game of his career against Arizona in order to have a shot. The odds largely favor LJ, and that is my point. But, we're all entitled to our opinions, and I respect yours. Just seemed like you kinda brushed LJ off your shoulder in your initial post.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Nothing really he's is and down the road is gonna be great. I saw last night he domalished the Seahawks. If he keeps up the way he is playing he is going to have the rushing title.
Huh?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, what's your point?
Yes, there really is.

You're right, Gore has been tearing it up lately. But if you watched the game last night, then you know that he was averaging 2.5 yards a carry until the last few minutes when Seattle had pretty much given up. Denver will almost surely shut him down. On the other hand, you have another RB who has been tearing it up on a weekly basis. All he has to do is perform at a standard level over the course of 3 games. His climb is much less steep. Gore basically needs to have the best game of his career against Arizona in order to have a shot. The odds largely favor LJ, and that is my point. But, we're all entitled to our opinions, and I respect yours. Just seemed like you kinda brushed LJ off your shoulder in your initial post.
Huh? I said LJ would come very close but Gore would win it. How's that brushing him off?

By all means, I want LJ to do well. He's the star of my fantasy team. 8)

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-15-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Larry Johnson, just like what I said in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Huh? I said LJ would come very close but Gore would win it. How's that brushing him off?

I guess just the way I read it in my head. Maybe I was just looking for more of an explanation as to why you thought LJ would get shut down for 3 consecutive weeks (or at least 2), which is what would have to happen for your scenario to come true. You later pointed to his schedule, so I see where you're coming from. Still, Gore is a long shot at this point, IMO. Denver has a better shot at shutting him down than LJ does of getting shut down twice. It just seems so obvious to me that LJ will finish with more yards. That's why I jumped down your throat.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

I guess just the way I read it in my head. Maybe I was just looking for more of an explanation as to why you thought LJ would get shut down for 3 consecutive weeks (or at least 2), which is what would have to happen for your scenario to come true. You later pointed to his schedule, so I see where you're coming from. Still, Gore is a long shot at this point, IMO. Denver has a better shot at shutting him down than LJ does of getting shut down twice. It just seems so obvious to me that LJ will finish with more yards. That's why I jumped down your throat.
Oh I don't expect LJ to get shut down at all. I just expect Gore to put up more yards.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-15-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh I don't expect LJ to get shut down at all. I just expect Gore to put up more yards.
Oh but you did. That's my point. You said that Gore would win it by rushing for 220-230 more yards. That's why I pointed out that LJ still has 3 games to play. If you were to say that you thought Gore would rush for 220-230 against Arizona alone, then I probably wouldn't have responded. If he were to rip up Arizona like that, then he would have a decent shot. In your scenario, LJ needs to be shut down a few times, which is unlikely. Regardless of his opponents, as he has regularly made very good defenses look bad.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The first time Gore played the Cards, the Cards held him to under ninety yards. So he is out. I think that LT will start to get fewer carries, and that LJ should win this by a comfortable (50+) margin.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna give it to Gore. He's gonna get a lot of carries these next 2 games. If SD can limit LJ, I think Gore takes it.

Im rooting for anyone except LJ. I said in my truths thread that LJ wouldn't win it this year, that LT would. So hopefully, LT takes it and makes me look like a genius.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
The first time Gore played the Cards, the Cards held him to under ninety yards. So he is out. I think that LT will start to get fewer carries, and that LJ should win this by a comfortable (50+) margin.
A. He had only 16 carries
B. We were playing from behind due to turnovers, therefore not much of a run game
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like Gore to get it, it would be nice for someone w/ all he has been through to make it to the playoffs.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gut feeling- Frank Gore.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
A. He had only 16 carries
B. We were playing from behind due to turnovers, therefore not much of a run game
How do you know you won't be playing from behind again?