Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best 4-3 Dline in the NFL revisited

I said during training camp that I felt that the Baltimore dline was the best in the league. I felt that their thickness against the run coupled with their great pass rush, versatily, and zone blitzing ability of their DEs makes them the best.

Other popular choices included of course the Panthers, Falcons, Jaguars, and Bears. I felt that the Jags had the 2nd best dline, with potential to be the best depending on what Hayward did this year.

I still feel that the Jags have the 2nd best dline, even though Hayward went down, and still believe that Baltimore has the best.

Has anyone changed their views on the best dline since TC? Let's see who wins it now that we've seen basically an entire season of tape.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

okay and Patriots dont get mentioned? Seymour-Wilork-Warren?
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
okay and Patriots dont get mentioned? Seymour-Wilork-Warren?
We've gone over this before, 3-4 teams don't count. If anything, they deserve a separate thread, theres no way a 3 downlinemen front can be more dominant than 4 downlinemen. Its just impossible.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Ravens have the most versatile, but I am not sure about the best, I had Panthers as the #1 in pre-season but I am undecided now.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink

IIRC, before the season I said the Panthers. While they have played quite well, Baltimore and Jacksonville have surpassed them in my opinon. I'll say Jacksonville but you really can't go wrong with either one.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just starting four, or are we considering depth here.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear
hmm...good question. I guess starting 4, since depth would only complicate the discussion.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I assume starters only.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings anyone?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When healthy I thought the Falcons line was playing pretty well. Im not sure if I should hold injury histories of players like John Abraham and Kris Jenkins against them since ability doesnt mean anything if youre not on the field.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Vikings anyone?

pav??
Old 12-15-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
When healthy I thought the Falcons line was playing pretty well. Im not sure if I should hold injury histories of players like John Abraham and Kris Jenkins against them since ability doesnt mean anything if youre not on the field.
I don't know, a healthy John Abraham is just as big of a question mark as a healthy Lavar Arrington. I don't know if we can classify their dline as the best.

Also, the panthers dline has been healthy all year and really hasn't stood out over the Jags or Ravens or Bears dline, im actually quite surprised that the Panthers are still winning this poll.

I guess alot of people still have manwood for Peppers.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Vikings anyone?
They have great tackles but they're ends aren't that good.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Quote:
Vikings anyone?

pav??
He's got a point though. That Vikings line is hella underrated. I'd put them over the Falcons.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Vikings anyone?

pav??
Draftguru152
Old 12-15-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

it was a joke but I do think the vikings have a good one.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Quote:
Vikings anyone?

pav??
He's got a point though. That Vikings line is hella underrated. I'd put them over the Falcons.
Agreed. Vikings dline is underrated. I gotta see more of their ends before I put them ahead of the Ravens, Bears, or Jags though. But definately underrated.

I shouldve put them on the list since I put Atlanta on the list. I guess I forgot since Minny wasn't a mentioned dline during TC.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Vikings Fan
Rookie

Vikings Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Vikings anyone?

well when Erasmus comes back that should help our ends but who knows how well he plays when he comes back? Also Pat Williams is probably our best Defensive Player and yet he is old and bound to be gone soon, we need a replacement. Maybe we could be the best in 2 years but not now.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Vikings anyone?

well when Erasmus comes back that should help our ends but who knows how well he plays when he comes back? Also Pat Williams is probably our best Defensive Player and yet he is old and bound to be gone soon, we need a replacement. Maybe we could be the best in 2 years but not now.
I actually like Kevin Williams the best. Pat is gonna be hard to replace.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Vikings Fan
Rookie

Vikings Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Vikings anyone?

I actually like Kevin Williams the best. Pat is gonna be hard to replace.
Its close, but if you watch a Vikings game you can easily see that not only is Pat a force in the middle but much of Kevin's success is a result of Pat demanding double teams. It couldnt be a better tandem.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's gotta be Baltimore. Baltimore's defense is the most versatile I've seen in years so many of the players can play another defensive position at a high level, and some like Adalius Thomas can play 2 other defensive positions. I like the Ravens for the best defensive line.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink

Who would you rather have? Stroud and Henderson or Pat and Kevin Williams?
Old 12-15-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
Vikings anyone?

pav??
Draftguru152
That was funny for a minute and then got really old really fast.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's between Jacksonville and Baltimore, no one else even comes close.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Carolina, call me a homer whatever, but there's the best Defensive end in the league with two mammoth defense tackles and third and fourth who could be starters elsewhere rotating in.

If our offense could sustain a drive and our linebackers were a little better on the weakside and in the middle they'd be completely dominant. Lets not forget Carolina leads the league in forcing opponents to go three and out, the reason for that is the Dline shutting down the run and getting pressure.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote