Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
It's between Jacksonville and Baltimore, no one else even comes close.
It's a 3-4 scheme so they don't mentioned very often, but I don't know if I'd want anyone besides Igor Olshansky, Jamal Williams, and Luis Castillo. They are all absolute beasts, and a big reason why our linebackers get to fly around all day.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dolphins dont get mentioned even?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
dolphins dont get mentioned even?
What's wrong with that?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
It's between Jacksonville and Baltimore, no one else even comes close.
It's a 3-4 scheme so they don't mentioned very often, but I don't know if I'd want anyone besides Igor Olshansky, Jamal Williams, and Luis Castillo. They are all absolute beasts, and a big reason why our linebackers get to fly around all day.
I was thinking the same thing. Williams is the best interior defensive lineman in the league. But when comparing 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, it's just comparing apples and oranges because the roles are so different. You'd have to make two seperate polls....best 4-3 line and best 3-4 line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink

When the Jags are healthy they are the best by far Stroud, Henderson, Hayward, Spicer
Old 12-15-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles have to be considered next year when Kearse is healthy, Trent Cole is the best back-up DE statistically. He was even better than half the starting DE's in the league when he was a back-up. Darren Howard is a monster, if any of u watch the Philly games. Patterson is getting better. Walker is good Bunkley will be better. Seriously, in no homerness Philly has a top 3 d-line next year
Old 12-15-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Theyre not the best, but no seahawks option offends me

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
It shouldn't
Old 12-15-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da Bears when 100%
Old 12-15-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why you your self a Hawks fan said they are not the best why put them on the poll?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said the Falcons before the season, but obviously injuries have derailed that. I was reluctant to say Baltimore partlly because we didn't know how Pryce and Ngata would do, but I guess they're doing well enough, so I'd probly say them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
It shouldn't
We led the league in sacks last year with the same D-line we have this year (minus Russell Davis)

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
It shouldn't
We led the league in sacks last year with the same D-line we have this year (minus Russell Davis)
Same players but they haven't done even close to as well.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think at this point you have to vote for the Ravens. The Bears have too many problems at this point. And to be honest, Tommie Harris sort of disappeared after around Week 5 or 6 this season.

The Ravens are built very well and have youth and expierence at the same time.

Whoever said that the Dolphins need to be at least mentioned, I totally agree with you.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

Chargers LEAD NFL in sacks...DLINE is a reason for that..
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take a healthy Jacksonville Jaguars, since it's tough to consider Baltimore a 4-3 defense since they give so many different looks.

As far as the Chargers go, their OLB's account for 23 of their sacks. While they do have a great defensive line, none of them are sack artists. Their front three only account for 9.5 of that league leading sack total.

The Jaguars have the best two defensive tackles in the game, not to mention they make an average Nick Greisen, a Daryl Smith who hasn't played MIKE and a rookie Clint Ingram into a top front seven defense.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
When the Jags are healthy they are the best by far Stroud, Henderson, Hayward, Spicer
Now it'd be

RE - McCray (Will top double-digit sacks this year. Would be in Pro Bowl discussion if he had started from Week 2)
DT - Stroud
DT - Henderson
LE - Hayward

Players in the rotation:

Rob Meier (Classic DT/DE rotation player)
Paul Spicer (Has started for the team for a few years, and will help depth by subbing in during obvious run plays)
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
I'll take a healthy Jacksonville Jaguars, since it's tough to consider Baltimore a 4-3 defense since they give so many different looks.

As far as the Chargers go, their OLB's account for 23 of their sacks. While they do have a great defensive line, none of them are sack artists. Their front three only account for 9.5 of that league leading sack total.

The Jaguars have the best two defensive tackles in the game, not to mention they make an average Nick Greisen, a Daryl Smith who hasn't played MIKE and a rookie Clint Ingram into a top front seven defense.
MIKE is Daryl Smith's natural position.

Still, your points are good.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel as bigblue does. Balt #1, Jax #2.

Bobby McCray has actually turned into a very good rush end now that he's starting (not like he wasn't when he was a 3rd down guy). If Hayward can get back and healthy, the line could be pretty dang good with McCray, Stroud, Big John, and Hayward, along with quality guys in Paul Spicer and Rob Meier to get time.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the ravens DLine is unbelievably versatile and their best Dlinmen may be one of the most underrated and underapreciated player in the leauge --> kelly gregg... he is so strong and so smart. He is always clogging up the middle and unlike other DT's who dont get tackles, he can suck up blocks and get tackles.... he is trully an elite DT

others on the DLine help compliment everyone else....
-Rookie Haloti Ngata is still learning but he is sucking up blocks extremely well... his tackle #'s are also getting better
-Terrell Suggs- a true pass rusher with great acceleration... he is a force at forcing fumbles
-Trevor Pryce- a great surprise as many saw him as past his prime... he has reached double digit sacks because of his combination of size, strength, and surprising acceleration

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't Baltimore run a 3-4 as well? At least part time.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm surprised Oakland hasn't been mentioned.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Anybody who thinks it's the Bears line them up against a power running team with a decent o line and they get plowed over, and I'm not basing this off of what I believe it's the truth. If we're basing a lartge part of this off of sacks-of their 32 sacks from the defensive line, 10 have came from Mark Anderson, a back up defensive end who's a good player but atleast half of those have came in garbage time, I believe two against Arizona, one of which the Right Tackle didn't even look his way to block him, went untouched. In my opinion quite possibly the most easy sacks by any player I've ever seen and to me that doesn't do anything for the caliber of a team's defensive line. And I vote Baltimore.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:57 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

The Ravens have 22 ints this year and are currently #1 in total defense.
They win.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:32 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i say baltimore but its hard to tell because they use so many fronts
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote