Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dom Capers mentioned on Bengals.com, it's also being reported that Zimmer was indeed interviewed yesterday.

Everything I've read to this point has Ryan as the favorite and I'm guessing they'll wait it out to see what happens to him first.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting ryan would be huge. it would be a good job for him to take aswell. he's getting a young defense with some talent that he can add to and they are opposite of a very high powered offense. hopefully he doesn't want to be a HC.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The beauty of it is although he'd likely only be around a year or two his ideas could still rub off on our position coaches. Then (if successful obviously) we would be able to promote from within. Plus, I think the one real problem with this defense is confidence more than anything.

There's a reason we can plug guys in our offense and they all the sudden do well for the same reason the Ravens can put anyone at LB and be successful... Confidence.

Hopefully these coaching jobs fill up quickly. I'm hoping Sporano to Miami, Marty to Baltimore and someone other than Ryan to Atlanta. I'm more than sure we'll at least give a push for Ryan, that's obviously not to say we'll get him if he remains a DC but there's a pretty decent chance IMO. This would be better than signing any top defensive FA IMO.

Quote stolen off another board:
Quote:
According to Curnutte in today's paper, Ryan will be interviewing for the Atlanta job soon. He (Curnutte) says that the Bengals are willing to wait to see how that shakes out. If he doesn't get the job they want to interview him for our vacancy. Therefore there probably won't be a decision made until later next week.
Despite Ryan being fired from Baltimore, due to his 1 year left on the contract the Ravens could block him from coming here. Wouldn't be great PR but it would be understandable.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 01-06-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another name I was thinking of is Monte Kiffin from Tampa. I believe his contract is up and rumors persist he might join his son in Oakland. This guy can coach D. I do not know if his philosophy fits with Marvin's and the Bengals players but change could be a good thing if they can't get Ryan.
I think the D needs a big name with a big rep to get the players confidence and believing in the system he will put in. I think the team is still void of leaders and immature to follow a coach with no experience.
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to see the Raiders axe Rex Ryan to throw another name into our options but now it seems unlikely
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah Kiffin wouldn't work here, it'd be wasting the talents of Johnathan Joseph and Hall to a certain extent.

It has to be a base 3-4 or 4-3 guy, we don't have the players to move to a cover 2 or Tampa 2.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft

This draft looks real deep at many positions. I hope the Bengals get some extra picks by trade to capitalize on it. We need more defensive talent and building through the draft is the right way to build depth and skill. Hopeful our scouting department picks some winners.
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I hope our GM knows what he's doing... Oh wait.