Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Left tackle.
I woudl say blind side tackle... but yeah it is mroe improtant. I would rank the top 6 most important spots on a football team liek this:

QB
MLB
LT
CB
RB
DE

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
Left tackle.
I woudl say blind side tackle... but yeah it is mroe improtant. I would rank the top 6 most important spots on a football team liek this:

QB
MLB
LT
CB
RB
DE
Depends on the system you run. If youre a run heavy team built with a strong defense, then qb is not the most important, contrarily if youre a WCO team, qb is very important.

Its tough to put a price on which position is more important then the next, but Id say that the oline and dline are the most important aspects of a team.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
Left tackle.

QB
MLB
LT
CB
RB
DE
Depends on the system you run. If youre a run heavy team built with a strong defense, then qb is not the most important, contrarily if youre a WCO team, qb is very important.

Its tough to put a price on which position is more important then the next, but Id say that the oline and dline are the most important aspects of a team.

QFT
Old 12-16-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The RB is the more important position because if you have at least a decent QB with no talented Wide Receiver then the RB is the back up option. The RB is also vital in the confusing the opposing defense because if he is having a stellar game, then the PA Fake is suprising.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the most important position on D is by far a DT a great DT frees up the DE's which gives the QB less time to throw which means the CB's don't have to cover as long it all starts in the middle of the line on D.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
To me the most important position on D is by far a DT a great DT frees up the DE's which gives the QB less time to throw which means the CB's don't have to cover as long it all starts in the middle of the line on D.
I completely disagree. You don't have to game plan around a DT. You have to gameplan around a dominant DE.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Chiefs have great DE in Jared Allen put he gets double teamed on every play because our DT's suck so bad If we had a great DT to free him up he would be just unreal. The Chiefs have not had a great D since the mid to late 90's when they had great DT's freeing up the DE's and LB's I would take a great DT over a great DE. To me you got a beast in the middle it just makes everyone around him and behind him that much better.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

a good oline is important
Old 12-16-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I completely disagree. You don't have to game plan around a DT. You have to gameplan around a dominant DE.
Tell that to teams that play the Jaguars.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag
Quote:
Quote:
Niiice, yea the Jags have an awesome Dline.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoreravens5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag
Quote:
Quote:
Niiice, yea the Jags have an awesome Dline.
"Ok, now how many players do we have to dedicate to double teaming Henderson and Stroud... an extra guard and a blocking running back? No, then we put Bobby McCray in one-on-one, and he's been eating that up... argh!"

Henderson could be described as a "4-3 Nose Tackle"--- He's 6'7 330+. His main job is to clog running lanes, but he gets pressure on the QB just as easially.

Stroud has slimmed down to 6'6 305. He's one-gap penetrator who holds up against the run excellently.

Together they give defensive co-ordinators nightmares, and indirectly are the reason the team gets at least 1/3rd of the sacks they have.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

simple RB, look at Chargers, how many recievres they have that are an impact...
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The RB position is easily more important. But, the person who plays it for you isn't. I would trade my top RB for a bona fide #1 WR without flinching. As others have said, RB's are the most bountiful of any other position in the league. And there are tons of them in college right now who could easily start for an NFL team. Can't say the same for WR's. Terry Glenn is infinitely more valuable to the Cowboys than Julius Jones is. But, the play of the RB position is more important to the overall success of the team. It's a misleading question.