Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-14-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Atonement is the most overrated, biggest steaming pile of turd on the awards circuit for best anything this year.

Is there a reason you think this? Dont like the setting? Genre? Cast? Story? Or just have a random hate against it? Or just don't like it cause it won best drama?

If it is the latter, youll be fine, cause It wont win Best picture at the Oscars.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Is there a reason you think this? Dont like the setting? Genre? Cast? Story? Or just have a random hate against it? Or just don't like it cause it won best drama?

If it is the latter, youll be fine, cause It wont win Best picture at the Oscars.
To me it just felt like another bland period piece. McAvoy and Knightley have absolutely no chemistry in what's supposed to be a gripping love story. And compared to many other movies, I felt like it shouldn't have been nominated for best anything.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My general opinion is that the beginning was great, end was good-decent, middle was long/boring.

Like, McAvoy and Keira were both good, the film was shot beautifully, but the storyline was... eh. Average at best.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I believe No country for old men will win best picture...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I believe No country for old men will win best picture...
If we're talking about the Oscars, then I tend to agree, although There Will Be Blood has just as good of a chance imo. Sweeney Todd might have an outside chance, but I personally doubt it.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh I actually really liked Atonement because I was actually enthralled in the movie and although it lagged a bit in the middle, it generally worked. I was also a little disappointed in Keira Knightley's performance, but I thought McAvoy was excellent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Im glad Depp won. It is arguably Johnny Depp's greatest triumph as an actor... which is saying alot without saying much.
I hate Tim Burton and all of his stupid ass goth films. Honestly, he's probably my least favorite director besides Michael Bay.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote