Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portis26
Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Best RB from Da U

Quote:
Portis all the way. He has the best stats. Here's how I rank 'em.

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start. Maybe it is because the Niners are one of the worst teams this season
You should be murdered, the two at the botom of your list are the two whose jersey's I have...

I would take Gore over all of them, even Willis as a Bills fan. He is too inconsistent. If I was a pass crazy team, James for sure. Zone blocking, Portis. McGahee fits in all schemes and can be decent, but Gore hits the hole harder and faster than all of them in my opinion, that is why I would want him.

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Currently?

Gore, Portis
McGahee

James
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start. Maybe it is because the Niners are one of the worst teams this season
What a homer. Gore is 10X Portis.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Quote:

Have you even watched a 49ers game this year?
yes i watched the game on thursday where he was horrible for most of the game and managed to break out a long run in garbage time
LMAO Garbage time? Against a team that is the defending NFC champ?

H-O-M-E-R.

Who has the MOST 20+ yard gains this year, HOMER?

FRANK GORE.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
Quote:

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

how about my opinion..Hurricane fan here. I choose Portis

hes the fastest in the group and most complete back besides Edge
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev
Quote:

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Welcome to the board. We needed more clowns. Thanks for accepting the position.
That's solid!!!
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

What have you done for me lately duh duh duh duh duh ooh ooh ooooh yeah
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

You should be murdered, the two at the botom of your list are the two whose jersey's I have...

I would take Gore over all of them, even Willis as a Bills fan. He is too inconsistent. If I was a pass crazy team, James for sure. Zone blocking, Portis. McGahee fits in all schemes and can be decent, but Gore hits the hole harder and faster than all of them in my opinion, that is why I would want him.

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee
That is a little much.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes i watched the game on thursday where he was horrible for most of the game and managed to break out a long run in garbage time

H-O-M-E-R.

FRANK GORE.
Seattle is 20th in run D..their D blows. and his stats get inflated from a big run its true. i like Gore but no way does he have more talent than Edge or Portis or McGahee really although hes productive but talent wise..nope
Old 12-17-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

H-O-M-E-R.

FRANK GORE.
Seattle is 20th in run D..their D blows. and his stats get inflated from a big run its true. i like Gore but no way does he have more talent than Edge or Portis or McGahee really although hes productive but talent wise..nope
Didn't he beat those 2 out of the starting role in Miami before getting injured TWICE?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portis is the best when healthy. The most powerful of them all, the fastests of them all, the best hands of them all, the best blocker of them all, it's CP baby!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:21 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Portis is the best when healthy. The most powerful of them all, the fastests of them all, the best hands of them all, the best blocker of them all, it's CP baby!!!
QFT

I just don't think Gore blows, like the OP said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minus the knee injury Frank Gore would be better than all of them without question. But I still think Frank Gore is a better pure running back than Clinton Portis. He doesn't have the speed like Clinton Portis but probably packs double the punch.

PS - He did beat both McGahee and Portis for the starting role while he was a sophmore.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Minus the knee injury Frank Gore would be better than all of them without question. But I still think Frank Gore is a better pure running back than Clinton Portis. He doesn't have the speed like Clinton Portis but probably packs double the punch.

PS - He did beat both McGahee and Portis for the starting role while he was a sophmore.
Itwould be very close between Gore and McGahee if neither got injured IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

Itwould be very close between Gore and McGahee if neither got injured IMO.
if McGahee wasnt injured..man thoughts of that

he was very explosive before injury..he was a 4.3 speed guy at Miami but then the nasty injury..packed weight and did more power than being shifty and outrunning..kinda lost a little weight this year so he can be explosive and score from anywhere like he used to be able to.

no telling how good Portis could of been if he stayed in denver and if Washington actually ran a scheme that suited him better(not a power back)

as Prospects McGahee was CRAZY before gettign hurt. Portis was a mid 2nd i believe and wasnt as good as the rest but in NFL hes a top 3 back IMO when healthy and when running in natural scheme and not used as power back
Old 12-17-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, talent wise I would say Gore is no higher than third. Yea he is having a great year, but Portis is better as is McGahee. I love Gore, but he isn't as good as Portis and McGahee, and he is barely better than Edge because Edge is towards the end of his career.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Wow, talent wise I would say Gore is no higher than third. Yea he is having a great year, but Portis is better as is McGahee. I love Gore, but he isn't as good as Portis and McGahee, and he is barely better than Edge because Edge is towards the end of his career.
Talent is over rated. Its all about attitude and instinct.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
wow he is the leading rusher in the NFL behind an average o-line and you think he is overrated? ....
there are tons of running backs more talented than him. his physical abilities are limited by his lack of speed and quickness
the main reason he gets caught on all of the long runs is because he runs hard every play and then when he finally breaks, he is already tired. couple that with the fact that he isnt the fastest RB in the league and that is a reason why you can get caught. he is actually one of the better RBs in the league because of his heart, drive, and his desire to do well. in reality, the only real knock on him is his fumbling
Old 12-17-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
id take Portis funny attitude over McGahee's cockiness and over Edge/Gore's silentness
Old 12-17-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, most of the guys have been saying he's not as good as McGahee and Portis, but the OP was saying he shouldnt even be starting

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
id take Portis funny attitude over McGahee's cockiness and over Edge/Gore's silentness
I don't really mean that kind of attitude. I think a better word than attitude would be will or heart probably.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Now if we're over here picking friends to hang out with, I would pick Portis because he's fun!

If we're gonna win football games ... I'd pick Gore. He could have easily called it quits when he hurt, not one, but BOTH knees. He took his chances in the league and he's running with it (Literally).

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Now if we're over here picking friends to hang out with, I would pick Portis because he's fun!

If we're gonna win football games ... I'd pick Gore. He could have easily called it quits when he hurt, not one, but BOTH knees. He took his chances in the league and he's running with it (Literally).
He hurt one knee twice and hurt the other one. 3 major knee injuries. He was supposed to start over McGahee when McGahee had that monster year. That is kinda scary that he was that good.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

same could be said about McGahee..1 knee..and Edge..1 knee..

i like Gore..hes a great player and hard worker..but imo Portis is clearly better.

stats cant always tell all.