Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
^thats good. future comes down to Portis and Gore

Portis btw is the youngest to reach 5000 yards i believe
Yeah, but with any team other than Denver and if he wasn't barely 20 when he started his NFL career that would be different. Denver makes Olandis Gary look good for crying out loud.

I agree that Portis is great and I had him as the number one rusher this season which obviously isn't happening due to injury. I had Gore finishing around 9th in rushing after the Barlow trade.

I don't think McGahee deserves so much credit because I have watched every single one of his NFL games so far as a Bills fan. He is a great back, but he won't do much unless he has good blocking and runs on the outside and gets 25 carries a game. If only he hadn't killed that knee, then again if it weren't for that he wouldn't have fallen to the Bills, so it worked out for the Bills I guess...

James to me hasn't been very good since his first major injury with the Colts, since then he has just been above average and not a top teir back, he was a a hall of fame pace but then he got hurt and was more of a multi pro bowler who might get a shot at the hall of fame in a very weak crop.

I think that I will withdraw my previous choice of Gore after thinking about it more and I think that Portis is the best of the bunch once again and he is my ultra ultra early pick for best back next year in terms of per game production at least because of his injury problems.

They are all great... pretty much I have Gore and Portis and then right behind them McGahee and James. I would like to see what Gore would be like without the injuries, that would just be scary :shock:
or McGahee without the blown knee.

but its too late to say that. all 4 are very talented but at this point its Gore verse Portis
Pretty much.

I can't wait until the Auburn version of this starts with Caddy, Ronnie, Rudi and Kenny. I am going to be all over that, hopefully that won't be for another 2-3 years though, but I know someone will jump the gun.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If McGahee didn't destroy his knee he would be one of the best RBs in the league without a doubt. The way he could cut and go was ridiculous.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
If McGahee didn't destroy his knee he would be one of the best RBs in the league without a doubt. The way he could cut and go was ridiculous.

What if Gore didn't tear up both knees?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

also McGahee ran a 4.25 @ Miami Campus thing..41 inch verticle..

thats explosive
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from this debate, I think it should be said you know your school is good when the NFL leading rusher might be just the fourth best runningback in the NFL currently from your university. Okay that made sense in my head, but not in English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What if...

BO JACKSON
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some of us are over-rating talent a bit. It doesnt matter if you have all the talent in the world if you dont know how to use it. Charles Rogers has more talent than David Kircus, but which one is on an NFL roster right now?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
I think some of us are over-rating talent a bit. It doesnt matter if you have all the talent in the world if you dont know how to use it. Charles Rogers has more talent than David Kircus, but which one is on an NFL roster right now?
thats apples compared to oranges..all these guys are in the discussion because they use the talent.. and thats why they are good RBs
Old 12-17-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
thats apples compared to oranges..all these guys are in the discussion because they use the talent.. and thats why they are good RBs
Yeah but sayin mcgahee has more talent than gore doesnt mean much in the discussion. Mcgahee has been in the league longer and i dont think ive seen a truly breakout year. I also personally find him over-rated. I watch many bills games and i dont see anything too special. He has his best games against the jets, and the rest hes average. Way too inconsistent for my liking.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah but sayin mcgahee has more talent than gore doesnt mean much in the discussion. Mcgahee has been in the league longer and i dont think ive seen a truly breakout year. I also personally find him over-rated. I watch many bills games and i dont see anything too special. He has his best games against the jets, and the rest hes average. Way too inconsistent for my liking.
im saying he had all the talent with speed and agility before the knee injury
Old 12-18-2006, 01:45 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Portis is now running in Al Saunders offense.

2003 Marshall Faulk's offense.

2005 Larry Johnson's offense.

be ready.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151

What if Gore didn't tear up both knees?
That's a good point but even before Gore messed his knee up he wasn't as impressive at McGahee was at Miami. If you saw him play every game that year you would understand, he was so ridiculously quick. He hit the hole so fast. He doesn't have the burst he once had.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 AM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It comes down to Gore vs Portis.

Gore hits the hole harder than any running back on that list, but Portis probably has better top speed since Gore can be caught from behind. However, I'll take Gore's attitude, determination, and heart over all of them.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:33 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball

be ready.

Al Saunders quote: 'Gobs of points'

Frank Gore is running in Norv Turner's RB happy offense, with Larry Allen leading the way.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:57 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball

be ready.

Al Saunders quote: 'Gobs of points'

Frank Gore is running in Norv Turner's RB happy offense, with Larry Allen leading the way.
I wish the Dolphins still had Norv. That is what made Ricky do dominant. That damn counter. I was reading something like week 6 where on counter plays he averages like 3 more ypc and has like 75% of his yards.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-18-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's best RB when playing at the U it's Willis McGahee.

In the NFL, I give it to Portis or Edge. Gore is having an amazing season, but all the RBs on that list have had at least one great season... Portis has been impressive this whole time and has still a lot of potential and time to get better. Edge has been productive throughout his career, but his injuries and poor play at Arizona (tho not really all his fault) is what makes him second to Portis imo.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

FRANK GORE -- THE INCONVIENIENT TRUTH!
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMO Gore is the best runner of the group, he runs strong and with authority...he's almost impossible to bring down 1-on-1 without sound technique..which is why he breaks a ton of tackles. He does not have breakaway speed, but he does have excellent quickness which allows him to accelerate into the 2nd level. He plays with determination.

Portis has the most pure talent of the bunch, but he can't stay healthy for some reason...nagging injuries bothered him last year as well if I recall?

Haven't seen much of McGahee but he dances at the line too much instead of hitting the hole hard...most of his big runs come from draw plays, outside runs.

Edge...he's fallen off in AZ I still like him though.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Frank Gore
2. Clinton Portis
3. Willis McGahee
4. Edge James

Gore has 1491 yards with 2 games to go. A 5.5 yards per carry average with 6 touchdowns. Portis is good but this year he has been injured and he's never averaged over 4.3 on a season with a Washington (5.5 both years with Denver). McGahee is averaging 3.9 yards per touch, I don't like him too much but he's better than Edge. Edge was only good because of Peyton
Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
1. Frank Gore
2. Clinton Portis
3. Willis McGahee
4. Edge James

Gore has 1491 yards with 2 games to go. A 5.5 yards per carry average with 6 touchdowns. Portis is good but this year he has been injured and he's never averaged over 4.3 on a season with a Washington (5.5 both years with Denver). McGahee is averaging 3.9 yards per touch, I don't like him too much but he's better than Edge. Edge was only good because of Peyton
I honestly don't believe that.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:41 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Letvig0VFaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEzSsNS2fI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUm5SHOaXU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfhKr79zyLg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lygU_rJ3Fu0

gore is a good rb
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:42 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
1. Frank Gore
2. Clinton Portis
3. Willis McGahee
4. Edge James

I honestly don't believe that.
people only think edge was only good because of peyton is because they are looking a Edge's stats not seeing how bad his oline is
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:54 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

no one on here said he wasnt.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:45 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edgerrin James is still a leader and a dominant runner, he just doesn't have ANY blocking in the desert.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Best RB from Da U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portis26
Portis all the way. He has the best stats. Here's how I rank 'em.

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start. Maybe it is because the Niners are one of the worst teams this season
You should be murdered, the two at the botom of your list are the two whose jersey's I have...

I would take Gore over all of them, even Willis as a Bills fan. He is too inconsistent. If I was a pass crazy team, James for sure. Zone blocking, Portis. McGahee fits in all schemes and can be decent, but Gore hits the hole harder and faster than all of them in my opinion, that is why I would want him.

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee
That is a little much.
I wouldn't say murdered. But seriously wounded at least.

Anyone notice the kids who posted the topic hasn't posted since everyone burnt him. Good job fellas.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote