Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-16-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
boppool
Rookie

boppool hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Moves I'd like to see this offseason

1. Trade for Jonathan Vilma. When healthy, this guy's a tackling machine. If Vilma can man the middle, D. Will can move to more natural position at WLB.
Because of his minor knee surgery in Dec, we can get him relatively cheap.

2. Cut Ian Gold. He's a poor tackler and always seems out of position and let Winborn compete for starting spot.

3. Ask Walker to take a paycut to remain w/ team. When healthy, he's shown that he and Cutler have a good chemistry. If he won't(highly likely), try to deal him for 2nd/3rd draft choice.

4. Draft a safety. Missing out on Landry hurt us last year. Phillips would be awesome if he's there at 12.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Armac

1. Trading will be difficult unless they want Walker. I don't want to give up any draft picks.
2. Ian Golds asset was always speed. He has definately lost some speed. He is much better than Webster. I watched Webster in warm ups and special teams at a game he is slow.
3.If he takes a pay cut he will implode this team. Especially if he does have a good season.
4.I agree we need a future star at safety. Hasma definately was an upgrade in terms of speed to Nick Ferguson. He just needs to work on tackling. Foxworth at safety come on, he needs to hang out with Barry Bonds if he is going to play safety.
5.I think we need a stud offensive lineman. Cutler needs more time and our line was man-handled. Marty Shotenhiemer built the chargers defensive to be big and physical.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
boppool
Rookie

boppool hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Moves I'd like to see this offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armac View Post
1. Trading will be difficult unless they want Walker. I don't want to give up any draft picks.
2. Ian Golds asset was always speed. He has definately lost some speed. He is much better than Webster. I watched Webster in warm ups and special teams at a game he is slow.
3.If he takes a pay cut he will implode this team. Especially if he does have a good season.
4.I agree we need a future star at safety. Hasma definately was an upgrade in terms of speed to Nick Ferguson. He just needs to work on tackling. Foxworth at safety come on, he needs to hang out with Barry Bonds if he is going to play safety.
5.I think we need a stud offensive lineman. Cutler needs more time and our line was man-handled. Marty Shotenhiemer built the chargers defensive to be big and physical.

1. Vilma actually lost his job to David Harris and Jets are actively trying to move him this off-season. I, too don't want to give up any picks, but it would be impossible to find a player in his caliber outside of 1st round.

2. You're right about Gold. Does anyone know the status of Lavar Arrington? Is he available out there somehow?

3. If Walker does take a pay cut and has a good season, he'll definitely movable. Right now, we can't even get what we paid for him (2nd rounder).

4. Foxworth is a decent nickleback at best. Even with slow Lynch a great young S will make this defense a whole lot better.

5. I agree, but I doubt Shanny will spend another high draft pick on OL, especially with low number of picks we have and the selection of Harris last year. We have to keep our fingers crossed he can replace Lepsis.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Webster is definitely better than Ian Gold. IMO, I would be fine with trotting Nate back out there at strong side next year. Javon Walker and Travis Henry will not be going anywhere IMO, they'll be too costly to get rid of actually.
This is primarily what I want to happen:
1. Resign Jason Elam, Foxworth, Paymah and Abdullah at least
2. Sign a DT in free agency, Corey Williams is my favorite at the moment
3. Sign Gibril Wilson to compete at safety
4. Cut Ian Gold.
5. I'm mixed on who I want to draft, because I'd be happy with so many different options. Kenny Phillips, Clady, Oher, Otah, or Rivers.
IMO, OT is a HUGE need. We need a STUD tackle, not just someone who can get the job done and be alright. I want to feel comfortable going up against elite DE's and them being shut down by our stud LT.
Phillips I wouldn't mind because he is by FAR the best safety in the draft and would help immediately this year.
Rivers, I'm iffy on, but I think he could be a big time contributor.
As for 2nd round, we could go a number of ways. Can go LB, can go OT, can look at WR, DT, so its tough for me to say who I want.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote