Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steve Slaton's Role in the NFL???

I don't think there is anyway he is an every down RB in the NFL. His hands are good... but I don't think they are great...

Can he be a Kevin Faulk type player in the NFL? I think this is best case scenario. Faulk has had a great NFL career so that is not a bad thing.

I think 5-7 Carries and 2-4 catches per game in the NFL would be my estimated productivity for him.

I am looking at him as a 3rd-4th rounder.
jnew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're underrating him a bit. I was hoping this was a homer post so that I could say 'career backup' but you ruined my fun.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think career IR guy with tantalizing speed seems right to me.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I think you're underrating him a bit. I was hoping this was a homer post so that I could say 'career backup' but you ruined my fun.

Nah... For me a homer thread would start with Tony Temple being a first rounder and Martin Rucker in the top 5 overall. Not to mention the Aqib Talib is a 6th round talent at best...
jnew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of Slaton at all. He's got some serious tools, but at the same time, he's an injury-prone wimp who disappears in big games for the most part.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Slaton = Michael Bennett
Old 01-19-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be a gem in a 2 RB system. Sure hes not an every down back but hes a home run threat with some great versatility that any team could use.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
I don't think there is anyway he is an every down RB in the NFL. His hands are good... but I don't think they are great...

Can he be a Kevin Faulk type player in the NFL? I think this is best case scenario. Faulk has had a great NFL career so that is not a bad thing.

I think 5-7 Carries and 2-4 catches per game in the NFL would be my estimated productivity for him.

I am looking at him as a 3rd-4th rounder.
Sounds about right.

I know some people downgrade running backs who play in the spread, but one good thing the spread does is gets them used to running downhill once they make their first cut. So I think Slaton might actually be decent in a zone blocking scheme. How about Slaton as the change of pace back to Ryan Grant?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

Slaton = every other WVU RB who's gone to the NFL
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

I would love see him going to the Pats. So we can have a dual RB system: Maroney + Slaton.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Sounds about right.

I know some people downgrade running backs who play in the spread, but one good thing the spread does is gets them used to running downhill once they make their first cut. So I think Slaton might actually be decent in a zone blocking scheme. How about Slaton as the change of pace back to Ryan Grant?
I could see him being a great RB for the Broncos because of his one-cut style although really anyone could do well there. Slaton could be a nice change of pace back to Ryan Grant however I sense it being a waste of a pick when they already have Jackson who has proven to be very effective in that role.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

slaton=pure beast

maybe a good compliment to barber in dallas?

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
slaton=pure beast
.......in easy games. Once the pressure cranks up, Slaton tears his cooch, cramps up, gets "hurt" etc...He's too soft
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Not a fan of Slaton at all. He's got some serious tools, but at the same time, he's an injury-prone wimp who disappears in big games for the most part.
He tore Georgia a new asshole.

In the right situation he reminds me of Tatum Bell when he was paired with Mike Anderson.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

You know, it's funny. I clicked this thread thinking "I think he'd compare to Kevin Faulk" and it was already being discussed...
Old 01-19-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he going to be like that running back in San Diego. Nothing more then a KR,PR, and third down back.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Return kicks here and there. Get a couple carries here and there. Spend some time on the bench here and there due to injury.

Major disappointment for the team that drafts him in the 1st-2nd time because of his blazing 40.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be a 3/4th rounder have a couple decent years then be out of the league, like every other WVU back. There is nothing special about him.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BrabbitMcRabbit
Rookie

BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bench warmer/water boy.
BrabbitMcRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
VoltronViking
Rookie

VoltronViking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm patiently waiting for his RB mate ...Mr Devine

He will be Barry Sanders incarnate!!!
VoltronViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I remember when they were saying Slayton was like Hershal Walker.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronViking View Post
i'm patiently waiting for his RB mate ...Mr Devine

He will be Barry Sanders incarnate!!!
QFT!!!!!!!

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a fan either think he will be a 3rd down/situational back

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slaton's role in the NFL is most likely going to be one that requires him to just be as a change of pace running back as Bradshaw from Giants or Washington from Jets. I can probably say he will be better than Slaton, but I project him to be like Leon Washington in the next level.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Early on I saw LT in Slaton. Minus the catching ability but lately idk what I see.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote