Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Rebuild or Re vamp
Aquire a McNabb Suggs/Peppers, a proven wide out 11 68.75%
Rebuild 3 18.75%
just continue the way we are 4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.
Exclamation Should we rebuild or Make a run

IMO we either need to get what I feel are the three missing peices to this team. A QB,PRDE, and a True wide out. along with a new free safty. and be true contenders. Or we Rebuild In which we would have to get younger at atleast FB DT FS SS, Im just wondering where you all stand on it. I just dont want another 4-5 years of 8-8 9-7 10-6 while peterson just gets older and more beat up.
If we played our cards right we could trade taylor for a 2-3 round pick trade two thirds for Mcnabb sell the farm to suggs peppers. Aquire a wide out with good hands through Free agency we already have a couple of deep threats. and address our other positions in the draft. Such as FB DT FS OL CB TE

Our Defense is great now their passing d is way over examined they are doing a pretty good job creating turn overs but when teams refuse to run against you then the passing numbers are going to be inflated. But Sharper,P Williams and A Winfield wont be around by the time Jackson is a finished project If in fact he ever is. And Until we have someone back they that can truely make the audubles when they see 9-10 guys in the box Peterson cant and wont live up to his potential. We need a Michael Irvin to our Emmit. We cant even claim to have a TE.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think McNabb is right for us. I dont really care if he was with childress in philly. Lets Face it guys we arent a good team other than Run Stopping and Running. We still need to Contain and Be able to pass to even have a true chance of going for a Championship in this league. Yes Getting Suggs or Peppers would help greatly in our pass rush problem but we still need other pieces. We have an Unsure QB at the moment and McNabb seems like he cant do anything anymore other than get injured. Even if we made the 6th seed we would have been out.

We need to Rebuild within the draft and bring in guys who can help us and not to hope on one single person. I would like to bring in a WR this Offseason so we don't have to worry about it as much as in the draft. Maybe like a B.Johnson or Berrian. I'd be happy with DJ Hackett. He is a FA and was hurt this year and wasnt noticed unlike last year. We need to do something about the TE spot. QB's Best friend is the TE and Tarvaris has no one to go in he is getting rushed out of the pocket.

I still trust Tarvaris to lead us, He just needs a Top Tier Receiver to help him out and Not Bobby Wade and Troy Williamson and Robert Ferguson. I do like the Idea of bring in Walker but the problem is he is causing problems in Denver so you know Childress wont want to deal with a Drama Player.

Also Why would trade Taylor? I dont understand it. We Killed the NFL in rushing with AD and Taylor. Adrian cant do everything, we need a guy who can come in and be just as effective and Melwelde is good but not that good. If you want to win the NFL, You need to run and it seems u need to have 2 rb's like Marion Barber and Julius Jones.

All in all, We need a draft like the '07 draft to be as effective but with a Pass rushing DE, WR, TE, OT, S, and So on. In that Order i think.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Taylor is a fumbling fool. Mewelde brings more to the table he has the best hands of the three hes younger he runs as hard or harder and he gives us more in terms of special teams. Chester Taylor has lost atleast 3-4 games of the last 2 years for us. Every time he touches the ball I hold my breath.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No need to rebuild... all we need to do is fix a few things: the quarterback and defensive end position.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not sure where you are going with this, our team is pretty young for the most part...why would we rebuild? where would we rebuild? obviously there are areas that need to get younger and get better talent, but we dont need to blow this team up to get to where we want to go....

We are in a very similar situation as we were in last offseason.

Better QB play
Better pass rush
Better secondary
Better play from our RT
Better WR

last year we added Wade, Rice, Robison, McCauley, Doss...we just need to continue to infuse talent in these areas and we'll continue to improve.
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't Understand this question... why do you ask if we should rebuild when we ARE rebuilding as evidenced by how young we are at most of the skill positions. It just so happened that are team was good enough to make a bit of noise while it is rebuilding.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Well lets start on offense
Mckinnie is around 30
Hutch too
Birk is over 30
the right side is young

Richardson is 33+
defense you have winfield, Pat williams darring sharper and DSwight smith
Old 01-13-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rebuild my ass.....

How about we give Tarvaris some god damn weapons. I know it's unlikely that this happens, but why not go out and acquire Chad Johnson in a trade for a first and another pick and get Alex Brown for a third or fourth. If we don't trade, then we go at it through the draft. We should draft a WR in round 1 unless a good pass rusher falls such as a Derrick Harvey.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
msealy2
Rookie

msealy2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Well lets start on offense
Mckinnie is around 30
Hutch too
Birk is over 30
the right side is young

Richardson is 33+
defense you have winfield, Pat williams darring sharper and DSwight smith
Yep and for the Patriots Matt Light is almost 30, Randy Moss and Tom Brady are 30. On defense Bruschi, Harrison, Seau, Vrabel, Thomas are all 30 or over.

The point is I don't care how old they are, if they are still performing, and performing well, then you want them on your team. I could list off about 50 players who are a lot younger than the players you mentioned but are nowhere near as good.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
IMO we either need to get what I feel are the three missing peices to this team. A QB,PRDE, and a True wide out. along with a new free safty. and be true contenders. Or we Rebuild In which we would have to get younger at atleast FB DT FS SS, Im just wondering where you all stand on it. I just dont want another 4-5 years of 8-8 9-7 10-6 while peterson just gets older and more beat up.
If we played our cards right we could trade taylor for a 2-3 round pick trade two thirds for Mcnabb sell the farm to suggs peppers. Aquire a wide out with good hands through Free agency we already have a couple of deep threats. and address our other positions in the draft. Such as FB DT FS OL CB TE

Our Defense is great now their passing d is way over examined they are doing a pretty good job creating turn overs but when teams refuse to run against you then the passing numbers are going to be inflated. But Sharper,P Williams and A Winfield wont be around by the time Jackson is a finished project If in fact he ever is. And Until we have someone back they that can truely make the audubles when they see 9-10 guys in the box Peterson cant and wont live up to his potential. We need a Michael Irvin to our Emmit. We cant even claim to have a TE.
Your dream off season would be really great but that is something you wouldn't even be able to pull off in madden. Aquire McNabb, Peppers, Suggs and a good WR reciever good idea but unrealistic. McNabb is not on the chopping block anymore eother he really started to be the old McNabb towards the end when he was finally fully recovered from the knee surgery. Plus if you did pull off those trades you'd be left with more weaknesses than you had before due to all the players you'd have to give up.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my guesses at your offseason (thought this was as good a place to put it; basically part of my loose mock that I'm working on ... i have some names attached, but mock isn't finalized ... oh obviously part 1 isn't a part of my mock, just an expectation) -

1. Sign an OT to compete with Ryan Cook.
2. Trade up to snag Derrick Harvey or Vernon Gholston. This may require going into the top 10, so maybe something like a first/third and a future pick.
3. Draft a WR in the 2nd round.
4. Draft a TE with the extra third.
5. Target S and DL at some point early day 2
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

My point is there is a big diffrence between Brady and Moss and Tavaris Jackson and sydney rice. Jackson is at very least 2-3 year project. And even then I dont see any guarentee that hes going to be ok hardly tom brady.By this time the older players on this team are close to retirement. If not retired already.
Sharper doesnt have 3-4 more years
Birk has had injury problems most of his career
Richardson is already well into his 30's
Pat williams doesnt have 2-4 more years left
and that makes Tavaris Jackson and our present Defense incapitable
We could realease some of our dead weight. A few players come to mind that would allow more cap space and players tend to make pay cuts if the situation looks promising. No ONE will jump aboard this team with Jackson at the helm.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tarvaris Jackson may have played pretty bad near the end of the year but I really do think he has a chance of being a good QB. If we add a very good pass rusher, either with a first or second round pick or free agency, a safety that can actually play, and some competition at RT I think the Vikings have a shot and making it deep into the playoffs. I do think the Vikes should bring in some competition for Jackson, I just don't think we need to give up hope and go into rebuilding mode just yet. That said I have no faith in Childress' ability as a coach, I just hope an influx of new talent can make up for the fact that he have a head coach who may be a great talent evaluator, but not much else.

I am new to the board but have been lurking for a while now and finally decided to join. Just in case you didn't pick it up from the fact that I am posting in the Vikings board, I am a diehard Vikes fan.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Tarvaris Jackson may have played pretty bad near the end of the year but I really do think he has a chance of being a good QB. If we add a very good pass rusher, either with a first or second round pick or free agency, a safety that can actually play, and some competition at RT I think the Vikings have a shot and making it deep into the playoffs. I do think the Vikes should bring in some competition for Jackson, I just don't think we need to give up hope and go into rebuilding mode just yet. That said I have no faith in Childress' ability as a coach, I just hope an influx of new talent can make up for the fact that he have a head coach who may be a great talent evaluator, but not much else.

I am new to the board but have been lurking for a while now and finally decided to join. Just in case you didn't pick it up from the fact that I am posting in the Vikings board, I am a diehard Vikes fan.
Vikings didn't play the Bills. You watched no games.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha. I actually got a program called TVU player that lets me watch games online. I did miss a bunch because of the Bills, who where a really horrible team to watch.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say draft Campbell in the first and pickup McNabb and P.Crayton. I'd love if we could Peppers and/or Suggs but we can't afford them.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote