Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-12-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Dream Ending/Off-Season Beginning Thread

it sucked losing, but it was a great ride getting to the NFC Semi's and such without a prolific run game, or a run game in general. We have good young talent and i think we can make a run next year as long, or longer, than this year.

That being said post off-season moves and post season reflections and the such. Other team fans commenting on the Seahawks off-season moves or post-season things are gladly welcomed, because the more you know about the Seahawks, the more appreciation you can have for us and how they run their organization. You will also see how other teams handle business and can use it to compare to your team and etc. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no news in Seahawktown(or Seahawkville, Seahawkton, Seahawkcity, etc.) today, unless i missed something

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think will happen to Marcus Trufant this offseason? Stay with Seattle or go somewhere else? Think the Seahawks will re-sign Josh Brown and Sean Locklear too?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
What do you think will happen to Marcus Trufant this offseason? Stay with Seattle or go somewhere else? Think the Seahawks will re-sign Josh Brown and Sean Locklear too?
I don't think that trufant is going to be getting out of seattle even if he wanted to. At the very least they should franchise him if they can't come to a long-term deal. Course, he may not want to go anywhere else even if he does get to free agency being as how he is a native of Tacoma, WA.

Brown, I don't think that they will let him go, he didn't have a very good year, but he is still one of the best kickers in the league.

Locklear, I honestly can't say what they are going to do with him. A lot is going to depend on whether or not they feel that he is a solid option at RT for years to come. My gut says that they'll resign him, but I've been wrong before.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think Tru will stay, and Brown. Locklear is iffy. I truely dont know what we are gonna do with him.

Quote:

Old 01-19-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What you guys want for our draft.
1st. Felix Jones/ Mendenhall
2nd- Martellus Bennett
3rd- Heath Benedict
4th-Marcus Monk/ Dre Moore
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

1st. Stew/ Mendenhall
2nd- Martin Rucker
3rd- Dre Moore
4th- Dexter Jackson

Quote:

Old 01-20-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
X Dah Creator

I really doubt that Josh would leave but I didn't know that Trufant was a free agent. I'd be really shocked if Trufant would choose to play eslewhere since he basically spent all his life in washington. I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle doesn't take a RB in the first round. I'm not really sold on Felix yet, anyone has some youtube highlights that I can view?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
1st. Stew/ Mendenhall
2nd- Martin Rucker
3rd- Dre Moore
4th- Dexter Jackson
I would freak if Stew fell to us but I can see him not being picked in the top 20.

I am so exited for this draft, every position we need is stacked. Here are some prospects that I want us to look at that we have a realistic shot at.

1st: Felix, Mendenhall, Anthony Collins, Chris Williams, Reggie Smith
2nd: Martin Rucker, Martellus Bennett, Fred Davis, Frank Okam,Branden Albert
3rd:Jermichael Finley, Heath Benedict, Dre Moore, Harry Douglas,
Quote:
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Old 01-20-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Branch suffering a torn ACL in the playoff game is a big blow. I wonder how strong the Seahawks look at receiver now, given that Hackett could leave in free agency this offseason and Engram, although coming off a career year, isn't a spring chicken.

Another player with health concerns is defensive tackle Marcus Tubbs, he's suffered consecutive season-ending knee injuries. Wonder how much the Seahawks are expecting from him next season, word is not much. He's a big addition to their run defense when he's healthy and able to play.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
X Dah Creator

Marcus Tubbs has been a big disappointment, I remember that draft day hoping Wilfolk would slip to us but turns out the Pats snagged him 2-3 picks ahead of us.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Tubbs was looking good for the Hawks before these last two seasons of injury.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
What you guys want for our draft.
1st. Felix Jones/ Mendenhall
2nd- Martellus Bennett
3rd- Heath Benedict
4th-Marcus Monk/ Dre Moore
I've been thinking about who the seahawks should draft in the first round, and while I think we need a RB, they are among the easiest positions to find a quick fill for and we still may sign one in free agency.

This would be the ideal situation IMO for the hawks.
1st: Johnathon Stewart - RB
2nd: Martellus Bennett - TE
3rd: Heath Benedict/King Dunlap - OT
4th: DeMario Pressley/Ahytba Rubin - DT

This is how I picture the draft going for us if we don't get stewart:
1st: Sam Baker / Gosder Cherilus - OT
2nd: Ray Rice / Kevin Smith / Mike Hart - RB
3rd: Martin Rucker (if available) / DeMario Pressley TE/DT
4th: Ahtyba Rubin / Craig Stevens DT/TE
Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Branch suffering a torn ACL in the playoff game is a big blow. I wonder how strong the Seahawks look at receiver now, given that Hackett could leave in free agency this offseason and Engram, although coming off a career year, isn't a spring chicken.
Just to follow up, I've noticed Engram is signed through 2008 (1.7M salary this upcoming season, pretty good deal). So maybe wide receiver definitely gets a look, especially if Mike Holmgren retires and the new coach needs to build for the future (and if that new coach has a different preference, say maybe wants to bring in a bigger/taller receiver).
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

True or False:
Holmgren will retire.

I truely have no clue and my gut idea is that he will be gone. I dont want it to happen, but I am 50% sure he'll leave.

Quote:

Old 01-21-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
True or False:
Holmgren will retire.

I truely have no clue and my gut idea is that he will be gone. I dont want it to happen, but I am 50% sure he'll leave.
It's going to depend on if they give him an extension beyond 08. He wants to be extended beyond next year, and if they give it to him I think he's coming back for at least one more season. If not, say hello to Jim Mora Jr. the new Head Coach of the Seattle Seahawks.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
It's going to depend on if they give him an extension beyond 08. He wants to be extended beyond next year, and if they give it to him I think he's coming back for at least one more season. If not, say hello to Jim Mora Jr. the new Head Coach of the Seattle Seahawks.
I will vomit if Jim Mora Jr. takes Holmgren spot. I am hoping for another two years with the Walrus.
Quote: