Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 12-20-2006, 09:13 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Check it. Vic's pretty heated about Henderson being snubbed.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=5739
Well, to be honest, to say that he's the second best DT he's covered to Joe Greene doesn't say a whole lot because he's only covered two teams.

But yeah. He's ticked.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:35 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does our defense fair this week? I say we hold Tom Brady and his crew under 14 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
How does our defense fair this week? I say we hold Tom Brady and his crew under 14 points.
I think we'll play well. Not going to give a points-allowed prediction, though.

I think we win by 13

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-20-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
i know this is pretty random guys but if you guys had a 6-10 pick in the first round who would you guys take
prob quin,leon hall, adams, johnson, thomas wont be available who would u guys take cus i was thinking about this cus i was thinkin about trading up to get like a 6-10 pick.
i was thinking about probably quinten moses cus hes a de.
LaRon Landry.
you guys would take laundry, i can probable get laron in the second cus i would also get the lions second round pick, de seems like your second need
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think you'll nab Troy Smith this year? Im not ready to declare qb a need just yet, Garrard is still kind of a rookie and he'll go through some growing pains, I think it would be kinda unfair to give up on the kid quickly.

But the idea of having Smith is intriguing. I personally feel he's very underrated, and if he's available, it will be interesting to see if you guys try to nab him.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Do you guys think you'll nab Troy Smith this year? Im not ready to declare qb a need just yet, Garrard is still kind of a rookie and he'll go through some growing pains, I think it would be kinda unfair to give up on the kid quickly.

But the idea of having Smith is intriguing. I personally feel he's very underrated, and if he's available, it will be interesting to see if you guys try to nab him.
Hmm...I dunno. It's an interesting idea. First, one of the QBs would have to be traded, and I have my doubt that the Jags FO does that.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-20-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

I don't think it's out of the question at all. And I don't know if you can really say Garrard should be going through rookie-like growing pains. He's in his fifth year in the league. He's been in the same system for four years now. Like I said earlier in the thread, he was making these kind of mistakes last year. He's thrown numerous balls right into the hands of DBs, except that now they're actually picking them off.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

would you guys do this

you get 33 pick overall

for byron leftwich
and 5 th round pick
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
WhisperSeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
would you guys do this

you get 33 pick overall

for byron leftwich
and 5 th round pick
Yes.

I think Byron has first round talent, but his injuries will scare other teams off. If we can get an early second rounder for Byron, then I'd do it. But I don't see any other team offering anything less than a third rounder for him at this point.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink

I think we can go after Troy Smith
Old 12-20-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would no longer be a Jaguar fan if we drafted Troy Smith. I would denounce my religion!

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 12-20-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I would no longer be a Jaguar fan if we drafted Troy Smith. I would denounce my religion!
Kavorka...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-20-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

What do you all think about a positional change for Brian Williams from CB to FS? His play has been real spotty this year as has his tackling and while he is playing solidly on man coverages, he is easily fooled and doesnt have the recovery speed to make up for it. Besides, he played FS in college and definately has the skillset to play the same in the pros.

I saw a mock draft suggesting we take Marcus McCauley, and for some reason, I have a feeling that he will be the BAP when we pick. He certainly is a natural talent and by drafting him, and moving BW to safety, not only will we be upgrading out CB's, but our set of safety's as well.

If it works out as planned, we could easily be the best defense on paper next season with just one pick spent. For the record, I dont forsee any of the top 3 safetys falling to us (Landy, Nelson or Griffin)
Old 12-20-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshelat1
What do you all think about a positional change for Brian Williams from CB to FS? His play has been real spotty this year as has his tackling and while he is playing solidly on man coverages, he is easily fooled and doesnt have the recovery speed to make up for it. Besides, he played FS in college and definately has the skillset to play the same in the pros.

I saw a mock draft suggesting we take Marcus McCauley, and for some reason, I have a feeling that he will be the BAP when we pick. He certainly is a natural talent and by drafting him, and moving BW to safety, not only will we be upgrading out CB's, but our set of safety's as well.

If it works out as planned, we could easily be the best defense on paper next season with just one pick spent. For the record, I dont forsee any of the top 3 safetys falling to us (Landy, Nelson or Griffin)
I don't know what you're talking about. Brian has had a good year.

I like the pick of safety because of what it offers for the Jaguars in the future with regards to Grant and Darius.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-20-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Quote:
Quote:

I like the pick of safety because of what it offers for the Jaguars in the future with regards to Grant and Darius.
Maybe that came out wrong. What I meant was he has played fine all year and is exactly what we thought he would be but that still doesnt change the fact that our secondary would be vastly improved with McCauley opposite of Mathis and BWill at FS. Williams is a very spotty tackler for starters and is easily fooled on simple moves.

But I might be a little harsh on the guy. Once we get our pass-rush back, just imagine what opposing recievers will be in for. :twisted:
Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe that came out wrong. What I meant was he has played fine all year and is exactly what we thought he would be but that still doesnt change the fact that our secondary would be vastly improved with McCauley opposite of Mathis and BWill at FS. Williams is a very spotty tackler for starters and is easily fooled on simple moves.

But I might be a little harsh on the guy. Once we get our pass-rush back, just imagine what opposing recievers will be in for. :twisted:
meh...I really don't like McCauley as a prospect. The dude got benched because of bad play and how he was acting like he was so great that he was a shoe-in NFL prospect. He might have nice measurables, but I don't get ga-ga over 40 times like some people do.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-21-2006, 07:34 AM    (permalink
KFL
Rookie

KFL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see the Jags taking a QB in the first round, maybe third. The Jags will probably take defense early either DE or Safety.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:11 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

I think Brian Williams is fine at CB, and moving him to FS would be no better than having Deon Grant back there. I too am not a fan of McClauly, so I defenitly don't like that pick. Unless we trade away Lefty, and Garrard doesn't look too well in these last 2 games. I don't see us drafting QB round 1. What I would like is (pending Garrards play) Trade Leftwich for a secound round pick, and use it too trade up for Laron Landry.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 12-21-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I think Brian Williams is fine at CB, and moving him to FS would be no better than having Deon Grant back there. I too am not a fan of McClauly, so I defenitly don't like that pick. Unless we trade away Lefty, and Garrard doesn't look too well in these last 2 games. I don't see us drafting QB round 1. What I would like is (pending Garrards play) Trade Leftwich for a secound round pick, and use it too trade up for Laron Landry.
Well see the problem with this is that this scenario is far more unlikely to occur. The jags highly value their later picks, as we've gotten amazing value out of them for the past few years. Unfortunately, we wont fork enough over to puruse landry, who by all rights, is one of the best safetys to come out in recent years. Nelson also has seen his stock soar quite a bit and perhaps more come combine time.

We should really pray to some divine force that we are able to get michael griffin, who is an absolute playmaker and will be a force on special teams as well. But even he would be hard to get at this point, as several teams picking before us (namely SFO, Philly and Atlanta) have pressing needs for a safety.

Honestly, I do believe that a DE and/or WLB is just as important a cog to our defense as is a DB but truthfully if all the safetys are off the board, our options would probably be a handfull of WLB's, Victor Abiamiri, or any CB that falls to us. In that scenario, (if McCauley were avalible) he is the BAP whether you like him or not.

His play this year hasnt been what it should be for a top flight corner, but his measurables will make him very intriguing. Im not even sure he'll be around at our pick if he does well at the combine.

We truly are in a tough draft slot this year.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

The thing is, were not in a tough spot. We're in a really good spot. We have no pressing needs, and are going to be free to take BPA. And I really don't think WOLB is a big need either, Griesen has played well, and when Mike Peterson returns from injury he will likely make the transisition to WOLB which is a much more natural position to him.

So as of now I see our needs looking like this.

FS
DE
CB(minor)

After that it's really a crapshoot because our team is still very young, and we have invested high draft picks in most of our weaker spots. And if those players devlope as expected we're going to be solid.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink

Do u think we can finaly beat NE?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Yeah, I'm not a big McCauley fan, either. However, the idea of moving Williams to safety (if we draft a great prospect at corner) is intriguiging. I remember Vic saying before the draft last year that he wouldn't be suprised if we picked Cromartie and eventually moved Brian Williams to safety. He certainly has the skillset.

And jag, I really don't think Lefty is going to get dealt. I made a pretty long post about it in the 2007 NFL Draft forum under Unseen's "Apology to Scott" thread. I think if one of the quarterbacks is going to get traded, it's going to be Garrard.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
The thing is, were not in a tough spot. We're in a really good spot. We have no pressing needs, and are going to be free to take BPA. And I really don't think WOLB is a big need either, Griesen has played well, and when Mike Peterson returns from injury he will likely make the transisition to WOLB which is a much more natural position to him.

So as of now I see our needs looking like this.

FS
DE
CB(minor)
What I mean is that we are in a bad (tough) draft slot because our needs are very similar to those of other teams ahead of us and hence, we will be hard pressed to get good value out of our first round choice specifically. Take a good look at team needs and other mock drafts and you will see what I mean.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
nshelat1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Yeah, I'm not a big McCauley fan, either. However, the idea of moving Williams to safety (if we draft a great prospect at corner) is intriguiging. I remember Vic saying before the draft last year that he wouldn't be suprised if we picked Cromartie and eventually moved Brian Williams to safety. He certainly has the skillset.

And jag, I really don't think Lefty is going to get dealt. I made a pretty long post about it in the 2007 NFL Draft forum under Unseen's "Apology to Scott" thread. I think if one of the quarterbacks is going to get traded, it's going to be Garrard.
To be honest, that is where I had derived the idea from.

Cromartie and McCauley are phyiscal clones of each other: Cromartie has 1 inch and 5 pounds on McCauley, both have excellent verticals and ran a sub 4.4 40. Same strengths (leaping ability, hip fluidity, instincts) and similar weaknesses (gamblers, hands). The one difference is that McCauley is a better tackler.

But McCauley's current year left much to be desired. If we drafted him, Brian Williams would have to shift over to FS, not that he has played bad, but because McCauley is simply a taller, faster corner with better instincts albeit less physical. Brian Williams has the skillset to play both positions and this way, we would upgrade not only our DB's (BWill >> Deon Grant) but also our set of Corners.

It may turn out in our best interests, especially if we miss out on the elite FS's.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag

To be honest, that is where I had derived the idea from.

Cromartie and McCauley are phyiscal clones of each other: Cromartie has 1 inch and 5 pounds on McCauley, both have excellent verticals and ran a sub 4.4 40. Same strengths (leaping ability, hip fluidity, instincts) and similar weaknesses (gamblers, hands). The one difference is that McCauley is a better tackler.

But McCauley's current year left much to be desired. If we drafted him, Brian Williams would have to shift over to FS, not that he has played bad, but because McCauley is simply a taller, faster corner with better instincts albeit less physical. Brian Williams has the skillset to play both positions and this way, we would upgrade not only our DB's (BWill >> Deon Grant) but also our set of Corners.

It may turn out in our best interests, especially if we miss out on the elite FS's.
If we do draft McCauley, I think we'll keep Brian Williams at corner for one more season. I think it would be pretty suicidal for us to throw McCauley into the mix as a rookie, as he's extremely raw. In a best case scenario, Darius will come back healthy, and he and Sensabaugh will man the safety positions. The coaching staff will then probably bring McCauley along slowly, much like how San Diego has done with Cromartie. Since next year is the last year on Darius' contract (I believe), then after nest season, Sensabaugh will likely take over at Darius' strong safety spot, Williams will probably move to free safety, and McCauley will man the RCB spot.

God damn. Just think of how good our pass defense would be.