Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'll be damned. I almost dropped my sandwich when I read that.
way to waste a sandwich, bearfan.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

A guy can't state his opinion these days without people over analyzing what he said and blowing it out of proportion... You guys must not have read what I read because he did have very high regard for both Heinz and Holmes in that interview. What is wrong with a QB wanting a big target? Do you think Eli would be in the SB without Plax? If so you you're dreaming..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
A guy can't state his opinion these days without people over analyzing what he said and blowing it out of proportion... You guys must not have read what I read because he did have very high regard for both Heinz and Holmes in that interview. What is wrong with a QB wanting a big target? Do you think Eli would be in the SB without Plax? If so you you're dreaming..
he didnt really belittle either of them. he said "Our receivers are unbelievable" he just wants a big receiver that can be a good bailout man if he get too much pressure. ive seen brady just huck a couple of balls up to moss, not even great passes just throwing it in the general area and moss would come up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
yeah right, the dude will be the first to take the blame after a loss, sayign it was his fault, he hardly ever makes excuses
um....no, quite the contrary.

I think Ben is a fine qb, but he's gotta stop this nonsense. And he's gotta do a better job reading defenses. If his first read isn't open, he starts dancing around and either takes a sack or gets it open to someone on adlib.

I saw against Denver, they ran Cover 2 on him on 3rd down literally 7 times in a row on 3rd and long. It kept working because Ben couldn't read it. Im sitting there watching, it was so obvious, you knew it was cover 2 before the hike. His TE was open every single time, didn't get it to him. Only after the 3rd quarter did he finally see it.

Anyway, he's a fine qb, and you can win a SB with him if you build the team the right way. But he's gotta stop with the excuses.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually now that i actually read the comment, it was taken waaaaaaaay out of context. nvm.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel for Ben, I mean he just wants some receivers who are closer to his height so he doesn't always have to bend so far down in the huddle. ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see the argument on both sides here...But i think hines is blowing the comments ben said a little over proportion...Ben probably shouldnt have said it anyway...dont think he meant to bash ward though

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You heard it here first: Matt Jones to the Steelers.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I agree. Media asks questions and we get basically trash answers. If anyone says anything it is over analyzed.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
way to waste a sandwich, bearfan.
bearfan? where?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always wondered what Peyton could do with a big receiver. Best chance to find out is with Roy Hall (6' 2", 230) probably.

Re: the Steelers, maybe someone should note that the two tight ends Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth are 6' 5" and 6' 7" respectively. Maybe that's interesting, I don't know.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Re: the Steelers, maybe someone should note that the two tight ends Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth are 6' 5" and 6' 7" respectively. Maybe that's interesting, I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
Maybe he should throw it to his TEs.

Heath Miller= 6'5" 256Lbs.
Matt Spaeth= 6'7" 270Lbs.
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. It doesn't get much taller than that. Maybe they should split the TE out at WR if thats what he wants.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I've always wondered what Peyton could do with a big receiver. Best chance to find out is with Roy Hall (6' 2", 230) probably.

Unfortunately our O-line sucks and we need to keep the TE's in to help block. Plus we don't nearly use the TE's in the passing game as much as we should, considering the talent we have at that position. And its not like having another big tall guy hurt anybody.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

um....no, quite the contrary.

I think Ben is a fine qb, but he's gotta stop this nonsense. And he's gotta do a better job reading defenses. If his first read isn't open, he starts dancing around and either takes a sack or gets it open to someone on adlib.

By the .2 seconds Ben reads his 1st receiver, there's a DE or DT coming into the backfield so it's not like he's given "Brady" esque time to look through all of his options twice. Don't get me wrong, Brady's a great QB, but still he has a lot of time to get rid of the ball. He wouldn't last 1 game behind our OL. Also, watch the NYJ game. They constantly showed the sky cam showing that the WR's weren't getting open.. against HANK f'n POTEAT!. If you're WR's aren't getting open against mediocre corners, and they're all smaller guys, it'd be nice to have a big WR that can come in and be able to get some jump balls and make some plays while covered. His biggest WR is 6'1. I'm not saying it's bad, but a guy 6'3-6'5 would be a nice surprise. And it's not like we couldn't use a guy to start training behind Ward as he continues to lose a step.

I saw against Denver, they ran Cover 2 on him on 3rd down literally 7 times in a row on 3rd and long. It kept working because Ben couldn't read it. Im sitting there watching, it was so obvious, you knew it was cover 2 before the hike. His TE was open every single time, didn't get it to him. Only after the 3rd quarter did he finally see it.

On most of those 3rd downs, his TE was the 3rd-4th read. By the time he got to him... He was sacked, Chased or had to throw it away. Don't get me wrong, I think he needs to work on reading a defense a bit quicker, by that I mean going through his progressions faster, but the OL and receivers had a lot to do with the offensive struggles as well. The OL couldn't run block or pass block anyone. The WR's were struggling to get open every game.. And the Denver game we didn't even have to face Rice or Bailey. And our Receivers still couldn't get open.

Anyway, he's a fine qb, and you can win a SB with him if you build the team the right way. But he's gotta stop with the excuses.

All season he's been saying the losses have been his fault, he's matured. He hasn't blamed the OL, WR's once. Even though they're just as much at fault or more.

And his quote was taken out of context, just like Anthony Smith, you know the responsible media reporting. He was asked if there's anything he'd like to see added to this team and he said, well a bigger WR would be nice..

Now we're hearing about how "Ben DEMANDS a bigger WR". Hines was merely answering questions honestly. Though he said Manning and isn't Reggie Wayne like 6'3? So he's a bit bigger.

Either way. Ithink you have to read between the lines when it comes to us for some reason.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I feel for Ben, I mean he just wants some receivers who are closer to his height so he doesn't always have to bend so far down in the huddle. ;)
In all fairness, I forget the WR he played in high school with who was 6'4/6'5.. he had Martin Nance at Miami(OH) and Plax his rookie season.

And we Added Matt Trannon and have spoken with Limas Sweed. If we really want to give Ben a bigger WR, please 1st round or 7th round take anyone but Sweed.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. It doesn't get much taller than that. Maybe they should split the TE out at WR if thats what he wants.
When you split a TE out, you want him to have some Semblence of speed.

Heath is a 4.8 40' guy and Matt Spaeth is a 4.8 guy.

I wouldn't be opposed to us adding Travis Beckum or Jacob Tamme as split TE/WR's.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
You heard it here first: Matt Jones to the Steelers.
im all for it

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
im all for it
if he's cut? sure, I don't like the idea of trading a pick for a 1st round bust...

And Lastly... Ben has asked for a big WR the past 3 years..

When Plax wasn't re-signed he kept lobbying for his extension.. Then he asked for them to draft another "Big guy". we got 6'0-6'1 Nate Washington, 5'11 Holmes and 6'2 Dallas Baker..

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 01-26-2008 at 03:13 PM.