Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who means more to the Patriots?
Bill Belichick 37 50.68%
Tom Brady 36 49.32%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who means more to NE?

I was thinking about this and wanted to see what you guys thought who means more to NE?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is "Who"?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive never heard this argument before on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ive never heard this argument before on this board
Hey its better then who is the best RB of all time we have that thread once a week.:)
Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Belichick was to leave the team they would still be amazing. If Tom Brady was to leave and they were stuck with Matt Cassell, they wouldn't be nearly as good.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta go with brady. hes the poster boy for the nfl.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
gotta go with brady. hes the poster boy for the nfl.
lol how is that relevant or did you just need to get that off your chest?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Faulk.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way this is not Tom Brady.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Uhh, last time I checked Tom Brady isn't the one with a dry erase board telling the defensive front seven how to adjust while they're on the sideline. As soon as I see Tom Brady coaching defense he gets the vote, until then Bill is the winner. He means more to the entire team than Tom Brady does at this point in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Belicheck but in hindsight that is a mistake.

While I think Belicheck is the best coach in the NFL, he can only do so much. He can not play the game for you, he can not be on the field for those two minute drives at the end of games.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

If we are talking about winning and not jerseys sold I will have to say hands down belichik. All those games where a team was leading at half or in the 4th quarter, i will bet half of them are lost if it weren't for Bill's halftime adjustments. Plus, he built the team.

I will say that brady is more important in this one game right now, but if bill was given an entire year to find a QB or coach up cassell i'm sure they would still have done well (not undefeeated, but well). The question was who means more to NE and I don't see how Belichik isn't the answer. He has basically built the team and i'm not going to start the BB made Brady type of argument, but i will say that i feel belichik means more to NE than brady.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Bill Belichick is the reason that those two minute drives work. Bill's the reason that team works. Tom Brady doesn't make draft descisions. Tom Brady doesn't coach defense either. Bill is by far the winner in this case.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no Tom Brady without Belichick, the last minute drives, the superbowls, none of it without Belichick.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really don't think there's much of an argument to be made for Brady. Of course he's a great QB and the Pats would suffer tremendously if they lost him, but Belichick drives that car. He is the puppet master. More so than any other individual, he is responsible for the recent success of the Patriots. Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-4 years ago Billy B

Now its Tommy B
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
2-4 years ago Billy B

Now its Tommy B
Great reasoning and understanding of the more complicated parts of football. You're tremendous effort at describing why you feel that way inspires me.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I really don't think there's much of an argument to be made for Brady. Of course he's a great QB and the Pats would suffer tremendously if they lost him, but Belichick drives that car. He is the puppet master. More so than any other individual, he is responsible for the recent success of the Patriots. Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Only Brady has done what no other QB has done in 2007 and is about to possibly win his 4th super bowl when he's only like 30 years old. If the Pats had this same team they still be a super bowl caliber power without Belicheck. If they didn't have Brady then they'd might miss the playoffs. This year it's a no brainer-Brady, but in the longrun it's more of a tossup.

But if you gave the Dolphins Belicheck this past year they might have won a few more games. Give them Tom Brady this past year they win probably about 7-8 more at least.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Great reasoning and understanding of the more complicated parts of football. You're tremendous effort at describing why you feel that way inspires me.

Well lets just say 2-4 years ago was when the Bellicheck system came to fruition. Now the system is already set, and they have a Qb that has benefitted greatly from the system, it would take another 2-3 years for a Qb really becomes used to the systems and becomes as successful.

Why are you following me around.

It was a simple question, needing a simple answer.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Only Brady has done what no other QB has done in 2007 and is about to possibly win his 4th super bowl when he's only like 30 years old. If the Pats had this same team they still be a super bowl caliber power without Belicheck. If they didn't have Brady then they'd might miss the playoffs. This year it's a no brainer-Brady, but in the longrun it's more of a tossup.

But if you gave the Dolphins Belicheck this past year they might have won a few more games. Give them Tom Brady this past year they win probably about 7-8 more at least.
I think Matt Cassel if given an opportunity to start right off the bat for the Patriots a year or so ago could of led this team to a Super Bowl. I might even have been able to do it. Everything around Tom Brady is of the finest quality when it comes to each individual player at their position and even at position groupings.

Woah woah woah, Tom Brady does not automatically fix the Dolphins. That team is wrecked and everyone knows it. Not one QB in this league could fix that craphole in one year. You have to have someone to throw to for you to be an effective QB as it stands anyway. The Fins are severely lacking in that area at the moment.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well lets just say 2-4 years ago was when the Bellicheck system came to fruition. Now the system is already set, and they have a Qb that has benefitted greatly from the system, it would take another 2-3 years for a Qb really becomes used to the systems and becomes as successful.

Why are you following me around.

It was a simple question, needing a simple answer.
I understand that Tom Brady has taken the necessary time to become exactly what that system has needed but my argument is that many other QB's could of just as eaisly become the QB NE needs in their current system.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2-4 years ago Billy B

Now its Tommy B
I agree. If Bill Belicheck left today and was replaced by Josh McDaniels the team would be fine. If Tom Brady left today and was replaced by some other QB they would be done.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

So Brady's won those super bowls and Belichick hasn't? This team wouldn't exist without Belichick. Like I said, it's his chess board. He's the Scorsese to Brady's DeNiro. Without Scorsese, Jimmy Conway doesn't exist.

I think you're severely undervaluing the impact that a HC has on his team. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Brady is out there throwing TD's while Belichick is just picking his ass on the sideline?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I agree. If Bill Belicheck left today and was replaced by Josh McDaniels the team would be fine. If Tom Brady left today and was replaced by some other QB they would be done.
If Bill left today, that team would be done for. If Tom Brady leaves today Matt Cassell steps in and throws maybe ten passes and hands it off the rest of the game and they win. It wouldn't be hard for the Patriots to get over Brady not being able to play. Brady only plays QB while Bellicheck coaches the entire team you cannot compare a Star QB's value to that of the Star Coach it just doesn't equate AT ALL.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is Belicheck without a question. He is what has brought them into this position for the most part.