Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
What is/are the avatar(s) in question?
one was a guy getting bitten by a snake, I saw it up here once before once so I didn't know it was banned, the other was a Bruce Lee one owning somebody in one of his movies.

I took them off immediately after people were offended by them. It won't happen again.
what? NO it was as I said before
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSmith
Quote:
Quote:
one was a guy getting bitten by a snake, I saw it up here once before once so I didn't know it was banned, the other was a Bruce Lee one owning somebody in one of his movies.

I took them off immediately after people were offended by them. It won't happen again.
what? NO it was as I said before
Huh? Thats not what I saw on my screen?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink

I never saw the avatar, but I assume that the picture was one of those things sites use to prevent hotlinking.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
BBD just thought it would be funny to have 2 big pics of a man *********** himself in the @hole, and a man with a blown-off jaw
Seriously, if thats what came up on the screen, Im extremely sorry. That is NOT what I uploaded. I had no idea thats what came up on the website, I uploaded what I thought was a Bruce Lee gif image. Thats what I saw on my screen.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BBD just thought it would be funny to have 2 big pics of a man *********** himself in the @hole, and a man with a blown-off jaw
Seriously, if thats what came up on the screen, Im extremely sorry. That is NOT what I uploaded. I had no idea thats what came up on the website, I uploaded what I thought was a Bruce Lee gif image. Thats what I saw on my screen.
Thats why I almost had a heart attack when it came up on my screen.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, I had no idea. Thats so weird, it was a Bruce Lee gif image, why did I see a Bruce Lee gif image but everyone else saw something totally different?

Im deeply sorry for that, I had no intention of that. Ive been on here for some time, most of you know me by now. I had no intention of showing that, none.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, I had no idea. Thats so weird, it was a Bruce Lee gif image, why did I see a Bruce Lee gif image but everyone else saw something totally different?

Im deeply sorry for that, I had no intention of that. Ive been on here for some time, most of you know me by now. I had no intention of showing that, none.
I figured that. I thought someone might have hacked into your name or something.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty weird, but no harm done.

Back on topic, I've always said that Seymour's natural position is playing inside in a four man front, and I still think that the Patriots are wasting him by playing a 3-4. Also, if you talk to most of the Patriot fans on here, they'll tell you he had a pretty disappointing year, and that Ty Warren outplayed him.

So, yes, I think it is fair to call Castillo the best 3-4 DE. Olshansky is a monster, too, but he never gets any love.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, situation is done and over with.

So, that Luis Castillo guy...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner

Back on topic, I've always said that Seymour's natural position is playing inside in a four man front, and I still think that the Patriots are wasting him by playing a 3-4. Also, if you talk to most of the Patriot fans on here, they'll tell you he had a pretty disappointing year, and that Ty Warren outplayed him.

So, yes, I think it is fair to call Castillo the best 3-4 DE. Olshansky is a monster, too, but he never gets any love.
Olshanksy is a beast too. The only reason why he doesn't get noticed is because he doesn't get sacks like Castillo.

The thing thats so great about Castillo, is that he doesn't move like a 290lb DT/DE. He has the speed and fluidity of a 270 DE in a 4-3. And that makes his rush abilities that much better than any other 3-4 DE ive seen this year.

I think Seymour should drop 10 to 15 pounds. He's becoming a little too stoute, he needs to regain some speed and lateral movement to get back into form.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Castillo is one of the best pass rushing DE's period, which is damn impressive when you consider he was a tackle in college and is a gap DE, not an edge pass rusher. He's got an excellent motor. That said I think Seymour is better at the point of attack in the run game.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
Castillo is one of the best pass rushing DE's period, which is damn impressive when you consider he was a tackle in college and is a gap DE, not an edge pass rusher. He's got an excellent motor. That said I think Seymour is better at the point of attack in the run game.
When you guys come out in a 4 man front with Merriman at DE, where does Castillo go? I never quite payed attention to that.

Im assuming the line was something like this

DE - Merriman
NT - Jamal Williams
UT - Luis Castillo
DE - Shaun Phillips

Am I right?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
When you guys come out in a 4 man front with Merriman at DE, where does Castillo go? I never quite payed attention to that.

DE - Merriman
NT - Jamal Williams
UT - Luis Castillo
DE - Shaun Phillips

Am I right?
That's it except generally it's Williams who rotates out in favor of Jacques Cesaire.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner

Great point, I was about to bring that up. Ty Warren and Igor Olshansky are 2 of the top 5 3-4 DE's IMO. I didn't see many Charger games this year, but from what I saw out of Ty Warren he is a budding superstar, and should have been a pro-bowler. Seymour did have a down year (numbers wise) as you mentioned, but that is mainly because he is getting double teamed at the least almost every down.

For now, I give Seymour the edge over Olshansky.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

What impresses me so much is how fast the SD 3-4 is. Theyre thick in size, but also so damn fast. Its pretty crazy. Its like they got the strength of the 3-4 coupled with the speed of a Cover 2 defense. Kudos to their GM for building one hell of a front 7.

And next year when Cromartie has a year under his belt, with Jammer playing better than ever...imagine if they nab a safety? They most likely will in a deep safety draft class, and oh boy, watch out. This SD team is gonna be dangerous for a long time.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DE - Merriman
NT - Jamal Williams
UT - Luis Castillo
DE - Shaun Phillips

Am I right?
That's it except generally it's Williams who rotates out in favor of Jacques Cesaire.
Cesaire has actually been pretty good at getting pressure on the quarterback this year. His sack total might not reflect it, but he's generally been pretty disruptive in collapsing the pocket, and taking advantage of the one on one matchups that he sees.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What impresses me so much is how fast the SD 3-4 is. Theyre thick in size, but also so damn fast. Its pretty crazy. Its like they got the strength of the 3-4 coupled with the speed of a Cover 2 defense. Kudos to their GM for building one hell of a front 7.

And next year when Cromartie has a year under his belt, with Jammer playing better than ever...imagine if they nab a safety? They most likely will in a deep safety draft class, and oh boy, watch out. This SD team is gonna be dangerous for a long time.
The D is starting to develop into a fearsome unit, that's for sure. As long as Merriman doesn't get busted again, that could bring it all tumbling down. Same goes for the rest of the guys. I know that most won't consider this as a credible source, but there is a guy that frequents the Dallas page that lives in SD, and says that one of his friends is a roommate or something of a backup SD player, and that it is basically common knowledge around the team that Castillo, Merriman, Olshansky, Cesaire, Phillips and Foley are all big-time HGH users. Take it for what it's worth, but the guy actually said it before the Merriman bust. But my point is that if another guy gets caught doping, that could create some serious controversy around the organization.

However, as a team, I am concerned for them. Here's why: LT. They are built around him, and he is nearing the end of his elite years. I think he might have one or two superstar caliber seasons left, before he starts to deteriote into just a "good" player. It's a pity that it took a record breaking season for him to get his just due. He's been the best back in the league for the last 4 years, imo. Hell, his best season before this one he didn't even make the Pro Bowl. But if he doesn't produce like he is now, they aren't going to be good enough on offense to win at an elite level. I know, the same thing happened to Dallas in '96 when Emmitt went from All-Time Great, to just "good" without any warning. We spent the next 5 years thinking he was going to bounce back (since he was so young), and he never did. I have a bad feeling that that is what is going to happen here.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:

The D is starting to develop into a fearsome unit, that's for sure. As long as Merriman doesn't get busted again, that could bring it all tumbling down. Same goes for the rest of the guys. I know that most won't consider this as a credible source, but there is a guy that frequents the Dallas page that lives in SD, and says that one of his friends is a roommate or something of a backup SD player, and that it is basically common knowledge around the team that Castillo, Merriman, Olshansky, Cesaire, Phillips and Foley are all big-time HGH users. Take it for what it's worth, but the guy actually said it before the Merriman bust. But my point is that if another guy gets caught doping, that could create some serious controversy around the organization.

However, as a team, I am concerned for them. Here's why: LT. They are built around him, and he is nearing the end of his elite years. I think he might have one or two superstar caliber seasons left, before he starts to deteriote into just a "good" player. It's a pity that it took a record breaking season for him to get his just due. He's been the best back in the league for the last 4 years, imo. Hell, his best season before this one he didn't even make the Pro Bowl. But if he doesn't produce like he is now, they aren't going to be good enough on offense to win at an elite level. I know, the same thing happened to Dallas in '96 when Emmitt went from All-Time Great, to just "good" without any warning. We spent the next 5 years thinking he was going to bounce back (since he was so young), and he never did. I have a bad feeling that that is what is going to happen here.
Im ok with their team as long as theres no more suspensions. Im really not as huge on the HGH thing as so many others, because quite honestly, we all have at least 3 star caliber players on each of our teams on HGH. Thats the truth, its just not a SD thing, its a league thing, so I really can't honestly point the finger at them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a couple of Giant players are on it as we speak, as well as many other high profile guys.

If they get busted with steroids though or some other drug smuggling, then I think you gotta throw out their credibility. But for now, let's assume for argument sakes that theyre defense is fine from now on. That defense is gonna be one hell of a unit for years to come.

Now offensively, LT still has 4 PB caliber years left in him I think. They also did a hell of a job building up their offensive line. Phillip Rivers is gonna develop into an elite qb in the NFL in due time, and they have the best TE in the league (for argument sake). So the only real weakness in the coming years is safety, and WR, since CB looks good with Jammer and Cromartie and Florence.

However, safety will be addressed Im sure in the 1st round this year, and WR is a very overrated position to begin with. And quite honeslty, their WRs don't get the respect they deserve. They have big WRs who Rivers can throw it up to as a safety valve, they have a savvy veteran with reliable hands in McCardell, a Plaxico type receiver in Malcom Floyd and a reliable 2 in Parker. The only thing they lack is a stretch receiver, but their offensive is built around short intermediate throws to big targets, so it really doesn't matter.

So basically, theyre a safety and a stretch receiver away from being arguably the only truely complete team in the NFL. And with most of their guys being young (outside of Edwards, they'll draft his replacement this draft) they really are here to stay I think.

The only way they fall off over the next 4 years is if Phillip Rivers doesn't develop into the qb we all think he will be. I don't see that happening though. This team should win a SB sometime in the next 4 years, they have the talent to at least.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink

didnt he get suspended for roids?
Old 12-21-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA40
He didn't get suspended since it was before he was drafted. However he did test positive. He admitted using claiming it was to heal an injury faster so he could compete at the combine etc. Because of it I believe he entered the NFL already in their substance abuse program.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
He didn't get suspended since it was before he was drafted. However he did test positive. He admitted using claiming it was to heal an injury faster so he could compete at the combine etc. Because of it I believe he entered the NFL already in their substance abuse program.
so therefor i dont think he's the best, Seymour is.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so therefor i dont think he's the best, Seymour is.
Whatever, the guy has a clause in his contract forfeiting all his money if he ever tests positive again.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He tested positive for Andro which is known to help heal muscles. It's not like he was taking straight up anabolic steroids. Andro is what McGwire took though, so it's still not good.

As for the argument, Castillo is having a great season, and he is a great player, but watching Seymour at least twice a year I can tell you he is a great player, and still the best 3-4 DE. Wilfork is a great player but it is so hard to run at Seymour. He is so good against the run but still gets a good push in the passing game.

Also, I've always been impressed with Cesaire's pass rushing ability. I seem him almost always go in in passing situations and he consistently gets pressure up the middle.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had him behind Aaron Smith at the begining of the year and he's definately passed him but he's still behind Seymour in my book. I need to see more than one season like this to say he is better than a guy like Seymour that has put alot of years in.

He is definately atleast #2.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I had him behind Aaron Smith at the begining of the year and he's definately passed him but he's still behind Seymour in my book. I need to see more than one season like this to say he is better than a guy like Seymour that has put alot of years in.

He is definately atleast #2.
It's sad that no one really credits Aaron Smith.. Keisel is looking Pretty good.. the guy has what..

50 tackles and 6 sacks?
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote