Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Riots a few years back? You need to learn the history o C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I. I was actually born there, and most of my family still is from there (though I can't spell it right), so it's not just anecdotal evidence. Cincy has always had an extreme problem with race, and was a hot bed (if not the hot bed) for the KKK until it became a marginal group within the last 30 years. I'd put Cincy's overt racism against any city in the South by far.

I'm also basing this, like I said, on comments of a lot of people that live in Cincy that are sick of him. They say the fans are much more behind Carson Palmer, as he is one of the only "non-thugs" on the team.

Since you're from Cincy you have a first-hand account, and I would be willing to concede that you may well be right about that, I actually hope that's the case as Johnson really isn't much of a problem at all. I'd love him in Chicago.
I know the History of my city but was not going to bring it up because frankly it does not matter right now. To say our city is racist is one thing(with which I do not agree) but to say that Cincy doesn't like Chad because of his color is completely offhanded. The fact that this comes down to a "popularity" contest between Chad and Carson is rather elementary as well. Chad is well liked and well marketed in this area which is evinced by his use in ad campaigns as well as the widespread popularity of his jersey. Also, from my personal point of view the reaction of the fans this year was due to our high hopes for the team and the resulting disappointment that occurred this season. The fact that ESPN chose to make Chad the bad guy also does not help the public perception and as my friend PalmerToCJ has just mentioned above, the real fans(for the most part) recognize and appreciate the contribution that CJ makes to this team.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We'll see. I hope this entire situation was not blown apart because of the media's involvement.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hmmm...

Chad Johnson was on Rome saying there are only two people on the team he trusts (Carson and TJ), admitted he's no longer satisified with the organization and hasn't been happy many times during the season (whose causation is a losing season partly). When he asked if he wants out of Cincy, he simply shook his head and responded:

"I don't know man, I'll let Drew handle that."

Chad Johnson in Miami for 08

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly its starting to sound like he was putting the weight on cincy to trade him and when they said they had no intentions on it, he has been starting to let it be known he wants a fresh start somewhere else...But I could be reading too much into it, I just dont know why Miami would be his choice, he doesnt even have a qb right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Honestly its starting to sound like he was putting the weight on cincy to trade him and when they said they had no intentions on it, he has been starting to let it be known he wants a fresh start somewhere else...But I could be reading too much into it, I just dont know why Miami would be his choice, he doesnt even have a qb right now
he's from Miami.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ was just on the Mike Tirico show and said that he wants to get to the playoffs and win. That is his #1 motivation.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this complaining by him is starting to bother me... Especially hitting all the radio shows, kinda gives a, "look at me" impression.

Still, I think this will blow over and he'll be on the team next year, contract dispute is the only thing that sends him packing IMO.

And if Chad really thinks he's better suited with Miami he needs to get his head checked, Brian Russell must've got ahold of him better than I thought.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 01-30-2008 at 02:38 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

What if Miami swapped first rounders with Cincy and acquired Chad Johnson? Remember Corey Dillion got disgruntled they let him go for peanuts. He was what most of us felt a very productive player who was a superstar. I wouldnt write this one off yet
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals, under no condition, will take on the #1 overall pick. We can't take the cap hit to trade CJ and then sign a big money guy with the first overall.

We got a 2nd rounder for Dillon when he was coming off an injury and at 29 wasn't exactly on the upswing of his career.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well even if he was up for sale, I dont think its up to CJ where he lands, because alot of teams would give up a mid 1st for CJ, not a late 1st or high 2nd...I dont think he is going to pick where he wants to go no matter how much lobbying he does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think a mid-1st is ideal, not really sure who's interested at this point.

Based purely off draft position and needs I would think Tampa is the most likely trade partner, have no idea on their interest in CJ.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Redskins are the most likely target. They aren't afraid to make a big splash, they need a big time target opposite Santana Moss and to complement Cooley, and they love to market their players. On top of that, the team has shown a willingness to deal draft picks for veteran players.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I thought about them too but with the contracts of Moss/Randle El (Belive me, I have no idea why I'm questioning the 'Skins wanting to trade picks/tack on salary) I didn't think they would be incredibly interested.

One of those late teen/early twenty picks would be sweet.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like I just ate my words. But really this is the first time ive ever thought chad has really crossed.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I think a mid-1st is ideal, not really sure who's interested at this point.

Based purely off draft position and needs I would think Tampa is the most likely trade partner, have no idea on their interest in CJ.
Based on what happened between Gruden and Keyshawn I don't think Gruden would be very interested in another very loud WR.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Anyone CAN be traded for. I can't dispute the fact that there have been media reports. I'm just saying that many people are underrating CJ's impact on the Bengals' offense. Period.
Not Favre. If he was ever traded, Wisconsin would make the Rodney King Riots look like a peaceful protest.