Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 12-21-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitly agree with that, I think that if we draft any CB we'll have too wait a year before moving Brian to FS. The only way I see us trading Lefty is if we get offered a sick package of picks. Which I really don't see anybody who would want him enough. Plus I really feel more comfortable with Leftwich starting anyways. Whenever Garrad plays I'm always waiting for a big pass, but it never comes. With Leftwich our passing game is so much more consistent. Though he will rarely light you up, he always has Decent stats. Rather than Garrard with his 80 yard passing efforts, and how whenever the ball is thrown over 20 yards I lose all faith in the play. I just can't stand that feeling, of knowing that the play won't work.

Ok I'm done, this rant is pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I definitly agree with that, I think that if we draft any CB we'll have too wait a year before moving Brian to FS. The only way I see us trading Lefty is if we get offered a sick package of picks. Which I really don't see anybody who would want him enough. Plus I really feel more comfortable with Leftwich starting anyways. Whenever Garrad plays I'm always waiting for a big pass, but it never comes. With Leftwich our passing game is so much more consistent. Though he will rarely light you up, he always has Decent stats. Rather than Garrard with his 80 yard passing efforts, and how whenever the ball is thrown over 20 yards I lose all faith in the play. I just can't stand that feeling, of knowing that the play won't work.

That's why I don't think the FO trades Leftwich. They aren't going to get a great glob in return, and he's still got potential and has been proven to be successful.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag

That's why I don't think the FO trades Leftwich. They aren't going to get a great glob in return, and he's still got potential and has been proven to be successful.
Edgar Allen Poe really was the first emo kid ever, but he had a real reason to cut himself. And can the Jags please give up one of their backs this offseason? Its just not fair to have Fast Freddy, Greg "The one and only, you can't clone me" Jones and MJD on the team. The league is all about parody guys, come on.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you want Alvin Pearman?

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 12-21-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
What about LeBrandon Toefield, he still around?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

I belive he is.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 12-22-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
What about LeBrandon Toefield, he still around?
Yeah. He's set to be a free agent this offseason.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Moss and Porter for The load and Lord Byron...You can throw in Toefield too.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

five decent running backs, thats ridiculous
Old 12-22-2006, 12:19 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

imagine if you guys ran the full house, having Fast Freddy, The Load and MJD all in the backfield.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:21 AM    (permalink

Why did you just triple post?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Why is bareback mtn your avy?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Why is bareback mtn your avy?
It's Johnny Damon and Derek Jeter.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Oh, it's so small you cant tell.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:32 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pass. If one of the quarterbacks gets traded, it's going to be Garrard.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 AM    (permalink

Quote:
That's the size avatars are supposed to be. Yours is too big according to the rules.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:45 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Ok, Then Moss and Porter for the Load and Garrard...Anyway, I was reading your post the other night when you were saying something like the QB situation in JVille was being overanalyzed, but I got the impression that Del Rio really did think that Garrard gave them a better chance to win...I know that Leftwich was injured, but he's certainly played well like that before...People play injured all the time, where do we draw th eline between playing through injury and playing through pain? I thought in the playoffs last yr that Garrard should have started that game, but Del RIo went with Lefty. I thought he maybe second-guessed himself this year, and when Garrard played well in his stints early in the year, coupled with last yr's performances, I kind of got the impression that he would have given Garrard a chance this yr anyway - even if Leftwich was playing poorly, but uninjured.

Lefty was saying this year that the doctors never told him the ankle needed to be "cleaned out" (contrary to what Del Rio said) Im assuming that was bull. But guys go on IR for turf toe, dont you think Lefty coulda played the rest of the season on the ankle? and probably outperformed Garrard? I bet he thinks he could have, thats why I think Lefty's unhappy, and will want out.

Anyway, you guys have probably discussed this, so maybe someone can set me straight as I like the Jags but don't follow them too closely.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:48 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
That's the size avatars are supposed to be. Yours is too big according to the rules.
:roll:
Old 12-22-2006, 12:49 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:roll:
I really don't care, I was just saying.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:55 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

Leftwich said he could have played, which likely he could. But he severly damaged the trust level Del Rio had in him after that embaressing Houstin loss.

Quote:
421 Witness
756*
Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Happy Holidays

Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, Then Moss and Porter for the Load and Garrard...Anyway, I was reading your post the other night when you were saying something like the QB situation in JVille was being overanalyzed, but I got the impression that Del Rio really did think that Garrard gave them a better chance to win...I know that Leftwich was injured, but he's certainly played well like that before...People play injured all the time, where do we draw th eline between playing through injury and playing through pain? I thought in the playoffs last yr that Garrard should have started that game, but Del RIo went with Lefty. I thought he maybe second-guessed himself this year, and when Garrard played well in his stints early in the year, coupled with last yr's performances, I kind of got the impression that he would have given Garrard a chance this yr anyway - even if Leftwich was playing poorly, but uninjured.

Lefty was saying this year that the doctors never told him the ankle needed to be "cleaned out" (contrary to what Del Rio said) Im assuming that was bull. But guys go on IR for turf toe, dont you think Lefty coulda played the rest of the season on the ankle? and probably outperformed Garrard? I bet he thinks he could have, thats why I think Lefty's unhappy, and will want out.

Anyway, you guys have probably discussed this, so maybe someone can set me straight as I like the Jags but don't follow them too closely.
Del Rio thought Garrard gave the Jaguars a better chance to win, because he feels like a healthy Garrard gives them a better chance than an injured Leftwich. It's that simple. Del Rio has maintained that Leftwich is the starter when healthy. However, the injury was serious enough that it never healed on its own, and it required season ending surgery. The end.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Del Rio thought Garrard gave the Jaguars a better chance to win, because he feels like a healthy Garrard gives them a better chance than an injured Leftwich. It's that simple. Del Rio has maintained that Leftwich is the starter when healthy. However, the injury was serious enough that it never healed on its own, and it required season ending surgery. The end.
So Leftwich will gladly return? We'll see.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:35 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Um, why wouldn't he? He'll be the starting quarterback and will probably get a contract extension.

It isn't like the coaching staff screwed him over like the media made it seem. Byron wanted to play. Not matter what he said, he was too hurt to play. The season ending surgery kinda proves that, doesn't it not?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:43 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Um, why wouldn't he? He'll be the starting quarterback and will probably get a contract extension.

It isn't like the coaching staff screwed him over like the media made it seem. Byron wanted to play. Not matter what he said, he was too hurt to play. The season ending surgery kinda proves that, doesn't it not?
No, you're right, I guess I was a victim of the media ploy, that's why I was asking...It just seemed like he was saying the complete opposite of Del RIo, especially about the "cleaning out of the ankle" deal, and he seemed pissed that he wasn't the starter...But given his penchant for playing injured, you can see why he was upset - he thought he could play. So, have there been rumors about an extension?