Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow, rapid fire was terrible. Maybe bc Im comparing it to ufc 79 but to me it just felt empty.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
wow, rapid fire was terrible. Maybe bc Im comparing it to ufc 79 but to me it just felt empty.
What makes you say it was terrible, lack of big names, looking at the fights if you didn't know who the guys were, I thought they were interesting.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
What makes you say it was terrible, lack of big names, looking at the fights if you didn't know who the guys were, I thought they were interesting.
The lack of big names didnt bother me much, it was the lack of excitement surrounding it. To me it just felt like the UFC was trying to get past this ppv, maybe it was just me.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea well they are planning bigger ppv for UFC 81-82 and 84, I agree w/ UKfan, granted there weren't any big names except Penn, but I enjoyed every fight.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TapouT

I dont like when the UFC is in the UK because they dont hype the PPV enough to even be worth it being on PPV one of the main reasons i didnt buy it at 3 but i did catch the reair and the PPV was pretty good but expect the UFC to produce bigger events in the future.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all the fights are on this site on the right side

http://www.mmatko.com

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
all the fights are on this site on the right side

http://www.mmatko.com
I get errors. Am I the only one?

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC probably got them off by now.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk they are still working for me

Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know what impressed me is when they were getting ready for the fight, BJ Penn had a six pack of abs.

1) six packs are ard to get in a short amount of time

2) this shows that he really trained for this fight because, people always questioned his work ethic, and thought he relied too much on his own talent.

now he just shows how crazy he can be/is if he combines his talent+work ethic. He'll be tought to beat in this weight class.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I would love to see a fit BJ Penn VS. GSP. That is a dream match up.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't been a post in here in a while.

UFC 81 tommorow! Can't wait to see how Brock Lesnar looks in the Octagon.

Hopefully Big Nog and Sylvia's fight will be watchable, Sylvia has been in some baaaad fights.

It's nice to see Jeremy Horn fighting again, he has a chin of steel and I think he's going to beat Marquardt.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I really hope Big Nog beats Slylvia, I don't think I could stand another reign of him as the HW champ

I don't think Lesnar is going to do anything in MMA

Griffin vs Tibau should be pretty insane

Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think if it goes to decision Lesnar wins, if it is ended early then Mir wins.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lesnar purely on athletic ability has great potential, but I really hope he's trained his ass off and isn't taking this as a joke, or he will get KTFO. His jits needs to be up to par or Mir will take advantage, even if Lesnar dumps Mir on his back with his wrestling. Anyway, I'm going Mir, simply because Brock is unknown in terms of MMA, and inexperienced.

Anyway I strongly think Nog vs Sylvia will go Nog's way, I'm struggling to see a way for Timmy to win, granted I'm a Nog fan, but Nog can strike with Tim I think and his ground game is better. I'm not disrespecting Timmy, but I think Nog has great head movement and hands.

I think Marquardt and Horn could be great, and this one I am struggling to call, but I think I am going to go Marquardt by UD. No real logic, but I think he can hang with Horn on the ground and edge it on the feet.

I love watching Tyson Griffin, so him and Tibau I'm expecting to be a contender for fight of the night. I think Tyson takes it.

I've got to say I don't know anything about Yundt at all, he's undefeated but he has an underwhelming resume, I'll go for Almeida.

The undercard on paper looks underwhelming, but Martin, Emerson, Lytle and Heath are my picks, Martin by KO.

Let me know what you think. We should try and get some sort of prediction contest going if enough people are interested.

Last edited by UKfan : 01-31-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I will post my picks later.

Word is Chuck VS. Shogun in June.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Im goin Lesner all the way, I think he's gonna be the HW champ very soon.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I will post my picks later.

Word is Chuck VS. Shogun in June.
Chuck vs Shogun look sick!

I've got Sylvia and Lesnar winning 2morrow.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Chuck vs Shogun look sick!

I've got Sylvia and Lesnar winning 2morrow.
I got Silvia winning and Lesnar winning as well. Lesnar has a steller wrestling background but its still to be seen if he is any good at martial arts. Not to mention Vera kicked Mir's ass not too long ago in like 45 seconds. Lesnar is far and away bigger than Vera is.

For Silvia to win he has to stay up. Nogeuira is too powerful with submissions. I took Silvia because he has a huge reach advantage.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the Lesnar fight, he has looked pretty good in pride
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
Can't wait for the Lesnar fight, he has looked pretty good in pride
Huh? Lesnar hasn't fought in PRIDE as far as I know, he fought Min Soo Kim in K1 for his MMA debut, and that's it until now a big reason I picked Mir in spite of Lesnar's obvious physical and wrestling advantages.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i bet it's pretty hard to sub lesnar too because he can just power through them.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i bet it's pretty hard to sub lesnar too because he can just power through them.
Depends, he still needs to know the correct escapes. At the end of the day if he gets caught in a serious armbar and tries to power out, Mir will snap it, he's done so before.

Like I say previously, as freaky an athlete as he is, he still needs to be knowledgable enough or it won't matter, and until I see it, I'll take Mir.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

"A few other notes. Lesnar's hands are the largest for any combat sports athlete in the history of the state of Nevada. He needed 4XL gloves, and even they were slightly on the small side. The only fighter ever to wear 4XL gloves was South Korean giant Choi Hong-man, who is 7-3 and 367 pounds. While we didn't get the exact number, people were also stunned by Lesnar's reach, as it was longer than Tim Sylvia's. However, that probably won't play much of a part because boxing at range probably isn't in his strategy."

from Dave Meltzer

Lesnar has everything needed to be a champ one day.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Did anyone but me find the point deduction and stoppage in the Lesnar - Mir fight a bit odd?

No warning and a quick point deduction. If the fighter had even been hurt from a shot to the back of the head, his equilibrium would be totally off and no way he could continue that quickly.

Then the stoppage when the fighter tapped 8 times before Mazzagatti even decided to jump in, when the fighter was tapping about 2 feet directly in front of him.

Mazzagatti was acting like he was clueless out there.