Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ~~Official Comic Book Thread~~

I can't be the only comic book fan on this forum, so i decided that we should have our own thread. Feel free to discuss anything comics, from Marvel to DC, movies to novels, whatever tickles your fancy. Post pics, argue, state your favourite this or that.

Ill start, gotta say my favourite superhero is Iron Man. Cant wait for the movie to come out in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 01-24-2008 at 11:08 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of Tomb of Dracula that was my favorite as a kid and still is today. I never really got into anything like Spider-Man. I always liked the darker characters like Blade, Spawn, The Crow etc...
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read the occasional graphic novel.

Read The Watchmen. That's an order.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I read the occasional graphic novel.

Read The Watchmen. That's an order.
Watchmen completely revolutionized comics and graphic novels. It brought gritty and dark comics to the forefront of our generation, paving the way for the retooling of Batman and boosted the popularity of some anti-heroes like Wolverine and The Punisher. Its a classic.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when I was between the ages of 8-14, I used to get collect. Spider-Man was always my favorite but I used to think that the Scarlet Spider was better than Spider-Man.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Cant wait for the movie to come out in May.
Robert Downey Jr. is a great fit for Iron Man, I think. However, that could just be because I think his being a sarcastic ass is hilarious.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Robert Downey Jr. is a great fit for Iron Man, I think. However, that could just be because I think his being a sarcastic ass is hilarious.

he really is, but for mroe then just hsi sarcasm. He looks the part, but also his real life struggles with substance abuse parallell the troubles with alcohol abuse that Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) struggles with in the comics. Im really excited to see how the movies turns out, the trailer looks awesome.
Quote:
Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be a huge comic book nerd but stopped collecting about 8 years ago. I was really big into X-Men and all of the spinoffs of that title.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was huge into collecting and batman comics and graphic novels when i was a lot younger. i have boxes of batman comics. after batmman id have to say x-men, then spidey and maybe one or two spawn comics. i hated the superman comics, im just not a fan of superman, have never been, prolly never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

batman is badass indeed...i cant wait for the dark knight. im a big fan of christopher nolans version of batman, although tim burton didnt do a bad job. I seriously think this performanceof the joker will be one of my all time favourite movie characters, along with van wilder and tyler durden.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

this thread wasnt as successful as id hoped lol...but oh well. Since the new Iron man ad premiered during the super bowl, just thought id post a link and get some comments (the link is acutally in my sig). Anyone else think this movie looks amazing? teh part where he just poons the tank pretty much made me hard, i cant wait for it to come out in may.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I'm a serious fan of Batman and DC...I could care less about marvel but I've kept up (somewhat) with spiderman...

I've got a china cabinet in my house full of Batman Comics...I'd say prolly around 2K worth...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Moore=Genius.

Fact/

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stop by the comic shop every two of three weeks. I'm moving further and further away from Marvel though thanks to the events of House of M (made me drop all X titles), Civil War (made me drop a bunch of other titles) and One More Day (so long Spidey titles). At this point, the comics I buy regularly are.

Mighty Avengers
Exiles
Hulk (the new one)
She-Hulk
Nova
Ms. Marvel
JLA
JSA
Teen Titans
Green Lantern

and sometimes New Avengers.

I didn't buy the Sinestro Corps War Green Lantern comics because I am waiting for the TPB's.

Not really digging the Exiles reboot and I'm waiting to see where they go with the whole Red Hulk story before I make a final decision whether or not its worth buying on a long term basis.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DC definitely rocks Marvel's socks. I'll read the occasional graphic novel here and there, and The Dark Knight Returns has to be the best one I've read. I'm really hoping that one is eventually turned into a movie.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

im a marvel man myself...but only certain titles. I was big into the xmen when i was a kid, but the whole apocalypse thing turned me off pretty quick. I was never a fan of the JLA, however i do love batman but i dislike superman. Iron Man was always my favourite hero, I think because he did it all himself like he created his own armour, didnt have any special powers other then the fact that hes supersmart.

Also, I really liked iron man because he had real life troubles, like his struggle with alcoholism. some other comics i am big on:

Deadpool (without doubt my 2nd favourite...hes witty and probably the most deadly weapons master in all of comics)

Hellblazer (Constantine)- a was a big fan of these as well...another alan moore creation. (yes he is a genius)
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'm a serious fan of Batman and DC...I could care less about marvel but I've kept up (somewhat) with spiderman...

I've got a china cabinet in my house full of Batman Comics...I'd say prolly around 2K worth...
thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.
I'm just the opposite. I don't care about the top DC characters such as Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman. Nor do I care about Spider-man or the X-Men, although my apathy towards them is more recent. And while I've been reading Hulk recently, I stopped that from a period reaching from '96 (or whenever the whole Onslaught thing was, I think it was '96) until Planet Hulk.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DC comics also has the ultimate character... The Spectre. He's basically God's wrath on earth. Probably too powerful, which is why the character never became big, but still very awesome.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
DC comics also has the ultimate character... The Spectre. He's basically God's wrath on earth. Probably too powerful, which is why the character never became big, but still very awesome.
i was never a big fan of those kind of charadcters...same as apocalypse in the xmen series and even superman to a degree. I prefer characters who have struggled with their own inner demons or arent completely unbeatable. It just takes the fun right out of it lol.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I inherited most of them from my older brother and cousin, they were mad comic book and Batman collectors...when my cousin passed my brother got all of his comics, and when my brother turned 26 he gave me all of his comics...I had them appraised by a local comic book store owner and he came up with the 2K figure...
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I inherited most of them from my older brother and cousin, they were mad comic book and Batman collectors...when my cousin passed my brother got all of his comics, and when my brother turned 26 he gave me all of his comics...I had them appraised by a local comic book store owner and he came up with the 2K figure...
thats solid bro...i dont think im quite there yet. I have a bunch of iron man comics and a good collection of deadpool ones, and then a smattering of everything else (both DC and Marvel) but i only really take good care of teh iron man ones they are all tagged and bagged and such.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
thats solid bro...i dont think im quite there yet. I have a bunch of iron man comics and a good collection of deadpool ones, and then a smattering of everything else (both DC and Marvel) but i only really take good care of teh iron man ones they are all tagged and bagged and such.
yea, I don't know what to do with them...my wife tells me all the time I should sell them but I just ignore her and do whatever...but it's really tempting especially since I don't really add to the collection...they just sit there...I might give them to my future son one day, I guess...
Old 02-06-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yea, I don't know what to do with them...my wife tells me all the time I should sell them but I just ignore her and do whatever...but it's really tempting especially since I don't really add to the collection...they just sit there...I might give them to my future son one day, I guess...
id keep a few key episodes to pass on, but unless you are a big fan, i might get rid of em...2 grand is alot fo cash. but then again, they are only gunna appreciate in value, so if you wait a bit, you might be able to get more in a few years.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

My top 5 comicbook heroes of all time IMO...
1) Iron man
2) Batman
3) Wolverine
4) Spiderman
5) the punisher
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote