Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
My top 5 comicbook heroes of all time IMO...
1) Iron man
2) Batman
3) Wolverine
4) Spiderman
5) the punisher
haha...that idiot alien Superman is nowhere on the list! I love it!
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
My top 5 comicbook heroes of all time IMO...
1) Iron man
2) Batman
3) Wolverine
4) Spiderman
5) the punisher
id have the hulk on there instead of spiderman...although spiderman is pertty cool the hulk is just insane. but yeah, no superman, cause everyone knows hes just a fairy and tights, and lets get a hell yeah for all the iron man lovers out there who know that if it came downt o it, tony stark would lay the smackdown on just about anyone outhtere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Hell Yes!!!
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with all the Superman hate. Yes, he is a little bland at times, but there is something to be said for his 'purity' and compassion for man. Also, while he is one of the most powerful heroes, he also has one of the most critical weaknesses (obviously being kryptonite). It definitely adds a different dimension to a story when the hero has such a glaring weakness that pretty much anyone could defeat him. I'm not saying he's my favorite character (probably would be Batman), but I think I'd definitely have to put him in the top 5.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My problem with Superman(and I haven't read comics in a while, so this might have changed) actually is the whole kryptonite thing. He's ridiculously overpowered, he only has one weakness, and yet, any geek off the street seems to be able to get their hands on kryptonite. Did the entire planet of krypton fall on earth or what? Having a character with only one weakness is kind of lame as is. But to have it be something that is supposedly fairly rare, yet everyone seems to have a hunk of it, is just a way too much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never really got into the whole comic book thing, although I think they are very cool and I have a few issues laying around the house. One series that is unrelated to Marvel and DC that I've been looking for but unable to find is The Gargoyles. I'm not sure who produces the line, but it's supposed to be a darker continuation of the Disney TV series from the 90s of the same name. That show was badass.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I never really got into the whole comic book thing, although I think they are very cool and I have a few issues laying around the house. One series that is unrelated to Marvel and DC that I've been looking for but unable to find is The Gargoyles. I'm not sure who produces the line, but it's supposed to be a darker continuation of the Disney TV series from the 90s of the same name. That show was badass.
IIRC, the Gargoyles comic was a continuation by the original creator of the cartoon while the televised continuation was not.

As for Iron Man, I'm not a fan. I used to be, but Civil War put an end to that. I was a fan of Mask of the Iron Man. I didn't buy the issues, but I got the TPB and IMO it was a truly great story. Then they ****ed it up by just retconning it into some basic evil villian plot by Ultron. I stopped reading Iron Man after that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wanted to post an update or two in this thread, get it going again.

-In the new Wolverine: Origins movie that is coming out in 2009, Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine, while newcomer Taylor Klitcsh will play the role of Gambit, which is a surprise cause i never figured that Gambit would be in this movie. Also, Ryan Reynolds, one of my favourite actors, will be playing Deadpool, an assasin and fellow cohort of wolverine in weapon X. It is also rumoured that will.i.am has joined the cast and will be playing Kestrel. Liev Schrieber is playing Victor Creed/Sabertooth. At first i thought this movie might suck, but now im kinda looking forward to it. Gambit was always my 2nd favourite xmen (behind nightcrawler), and deadpool may have been my favouirite comic book character in general (his quick pop culture references and sarcasm were always hilarious, and i think that reynolds will star in the role, they are already talking spinoffs on aintitcool.com).

Speaking of which, i was wondering earlier, who are everyones favourite xmen? im pretty sure wolverine will win this, but Nightcrawler always took it home from me. I felt that they portrayed him admirably in X2, that white house scene is one of my favourite scenes of all time. He was a favourite in the comics too. What about you guys?
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually gambit and beast were my favorite x-men

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been reading the Sonic comics like crazy lately. They're dang good.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

guess im the only guy excited about a deadpool movie...hell, im probably the only guy who knows who deadpool is... :( i feel nerdy now
Quote:
Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
guess im the only guy excited about a deadpool movie...hell, im probably the only guy who knows who deadpool is... :( i feel nerdy now
I'll be excited for a Deadpool movie when I see him crackin jokes that sound like Deadpool jokes in a trailer. No, you're not the only person on the forum who Deadpool is, but I never read Cable/Deadpool and Deadpool's last solo title was a loooooooooooong time ago.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'll be excited for a Deadpool movie when I see him crackin jokes that sound like Deadpool jokes in a trailer. No, you're not the only person on the forum who Deadpool is, but I never read Cable/Deadpool and Deadpool's last solo title was a loooooooooooong time ago.
thank god im not the only one, i thought i was alone. Waddya think about reynolds in the role? i think if anyone could pull it off, its him. His sense of humour seems taylor made for the role. Yeah, i wasnt big on cable/deadpool either, i miss the old deadpool comics :( i was a huge fan.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

another update...brand new iron man trailer, looks even better then it did before...i really think this will be one of the better superhero adaptions, along with the first 2 X-Men movies...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Iron-...sion-8008.html
Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colossus was my favorite X-Man character, although I don't think the comics, TV series, or movies did him justice. Well, maybe the comics.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I never really read comic books, but if I did...

"Worst comic book EVER."
Old 03-02-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

these are some good graphic novels:

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just started re-reading "From Hell" by Alan Moore, and it's even more engrossing and outstanding the 2nd time around. I also really like Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale's Batman graphic novels. Visually, they are unmatched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

more updates courtesy of APS for you comic book lovers...

1) A Thor movie is in the works, and stars such as cillian murphy(loki), kate beckinsale(lady sith), and Linda Cardellini (Jane Foster) have already been cast. Jesse Spencer from House is rumoured to play Don Blake/Thor

2) A silver surfer movie is in the works, with a release date set for 2009. No further details. Same thing for ant-man and a nick fury movie (supposedly with samuel L jackson continuing his role form the upcoming iron man movie) is set for release in 2010.

3)Spider Man 4 has been confirmed, with villians Cletus Kassidy (carnage) and The Lizard as the two primary villains.

Discuss! and the mroe i think, the more pumped i am about the possibility of a deadpool movie. Anyone else excited about this? I think that reynolds may steal the show in the upcoming wolverine movie.
Quote:
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after long searching, i'm bring this back from the dead for a quick rant.

is anyone else mindboggled as to how wolverine can be:
relatively minor spoilers since these are main promotional info

7. For all I know he could also be in the savage land giving birth to Galactus' Baby

all at the same time?

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 10-15-2010 at 09:51 AM. Reason: forgot one more thing
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
after long searching, i'm bring this back from the dead for a quick rant.

is anyone else mindboggled as to how wolverine can be:
relatively minor spoilers since these are main promotional info

7. For all I know he could also be in the savage land giving birth to Galactus' Baby

all at the same time?
I haven't read comics in a while, but alternate universes in the Marvel multiverse. It's not new to Marvel. That's my guess anyway. I don't read them anymore. If they're all in the same universe, that's just inconsistent or different timetables.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-15-2010 at 10:44 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
I just started re-reading "From Hell" by Alan Moore, and it's even more engrossing and outstanding the 2nd time around. I also really like Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale's Batman graphic novels. Visually, they are unmatched.
Just got From Hell. Looking forward to starting it.

My favourite graphic novel:

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, I had no idea there was a comic book thread, sweet! lol

I havent kept up lately, but back in the day, I was huge into Marvel(and Image) comics!
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
My favourite graphic novel:

I very much want to check this out.

Currently on a Daniel Clowes fix, by the way.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone staying up to date with the batman RIP story line. I know its wrapping up this year, I have everything up until batman and robin #2, just curious if I should torrent the most recent ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote