Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-19-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHobbs27
Hey Jay, what did you think of Kevin Faulk this weekend?? :D Just playing.
that was a pretty sick touchdown
Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another year, another snub for Wilfork and Koppen.

BTW, I will be willing to trade Matt Light for a six-pack of Brazilian beer and a half-eaten doughboy
Old 12-19-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Another year, another snub for Wilfork and Koppen.

BTW, I will be willing to trade Matt Light for a six-pack of Brazilian beer and a half-eaten doughboy
And Samuel, Warren, and Brady. The Pro-Bowl Voting this year was a joke.

I agree 110% about the Matt Light thought though.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a lot of mock drafts, there are a couple things that are bothering me. The first one is the Pats taking first round DL. The second is Jeff Smardzija to NE in round 1. IMO he is not worth a 1st round pick for us. I think he is a good college player and will make a pretty good pro, but he is not a good value pick for us. We could get a receiver as good as him, better than him, or maybe even Samrdzija himself in round 2. In the back of my mind I know that Smardzija is the type of player we would draft- smart, athletic, and a Weis product. We need LB and DB in round 1, but if Ginn or Jarrett falls to us or we somehow end up with CJ on the board still, then we could take a round 1 WR.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Hey Jay, what did you think of Kevin Faulk this weekend?? :D Just playing.
When he does it in an NFL game, let me know.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't even believe we're trusting Matt Light to protect Brady's blind side. Move that bum over to the right. And what's up with No-Action Jackson getting benched in favor of Kelvin Kight?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy
I still can't even believe we're trusting Matt Light to protect Brady's blind side. Move that bum over to the right. And what's up with No-Action Jackson getting benched in favor of Kelvin Kight?
Kight has practiced more than Jackson has, so he has more experience with the plays.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:21 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What the hell is up with our punters? Ken Walter was just placed on IR with a foot injury. Belichick will probably go with this Danny Baugher fella they signed to the practice squad a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think it is an abomination that Tom Brady did not make the Pro Bowl. Seriously, he's throwing to nobodies, and still has comprable stats to any QB in the NFL. ANY.

And yeah, what the hell is going on with Chad Jackson? Is this guy hurt still? Why isn't he seeing the field?

I am seriously starting to think, more and more, every day, that Bill Belichick is losing it...
Old 12-20-2006, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only that, but Logan Mankins and Asante Samuel got robbed. Mankins is one of the best guards in the league, and Samuel has 18 tackles and 3 INTs on Chris McAlister.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

I really think that Neal, right now, is light years ahead of Mankins, that may be the result of Light continually missing blocks.

Samuel getting snubbed proves that the coaches, not players and not fans, should decide who goes to the Pro Bowl. Harrison, when healthy, never gets a nod because the players do not vote for him. How good of a season do you need to have to be Pro Bowl worthy?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

DB + LB have to be our first round picks, unless we can move up choose CJ (highly unlikely). A WR in the first is such a risky pick that the value never usually works out, s.a. Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Freddie Mitchell, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Ashley Lelie, Rod Gardner, Travis Taylor, Sylvester Morris, and R. Jay Soward.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

Quote:
In a lot of mock drafts, there are a couple things that are bothering me. The first one is the Pats taking first round DL. The second is Jeff Smardzija to NE in round 1. IMO he is not worth a 1st round pick for us. I think he is a good college player and will make a pretty good pro, but he is not a good value pick for us. We could get a receiver as good as him, better than him, or maybe even Samrdzija himself in round 2. In the back of my mind I know that Smardzija is the type of player we would draft- smart, athletic, and a Weis product. We need LB and DB in round 1, but if Ginn or Jarrett falls to us or we somehow end up with CJ on the board still, then we could take a round 1 WR.
Anyone who has DL for the Pats in round one is just plain stupid. I would love to see us add a WR in round one if we get Asante back. If Asante comes back I don't see CB as a huge need unless a guy like Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis fell. I see it more as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I really don't know if S is that big of a need anymore. James Sanders has played really well and I hope he is our future because I think he will be really good. LB is a definate need so I would like to see us add a LB in round 1.

1.) Patrick Willis, HB Blades, Anthony Spencer, Lamar Woodley, Brandon Siler

1.) Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachum, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett

That is what I am hoping for right now for a first round.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone who has DL for the Pats in round one is just plain stupid. I would love to see us add a WR in round one if we get Asante back. If Asante comes back I don't see CB as a huge need unless a guy like Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis fell. I see it more as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I really don't know if S is that big of a need anymore. James Sanders has played really well and I hope he is our future because I think he will be really good. LB is a definate need so I would like to see us add a LB in round 1.

1.) Patrick Willis, HB Blades, Anthony Spencer, Lamar Woodley, Brandon Siler

1.) Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachum, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett

That is what I am hoping for right now for a first round.
first ted ginn wont be around then and wouldnt you want us to get jarret with our first pick ( if hes there)
Old 12-23-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Does anyone here know of any good patriots sig makers? The Tom Brady one i have is getting a little old.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 12-23-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I would love to draft Ted Ginn. He'd really shore up our return game and be a legitimate deep threat. That's what we don't have, and Dwayne Jarrett and Shark won't fix that problem. I think I read somewhere that he dabbled in cornerback a bit in high school. I think trading up for him would be a great idea.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:23 AM    (permalink
Poll

Ginn isn't that consistent catching the ball.
Rather take someone with similar speed in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:06 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy
I would love to draft Ted Ginn. He'd really shore up our return game and be a legitimate deep threat. That's what we don't have, and Dwayne Jarrett and Shark won't fix that problem. I think I read somewhere that he dabbled in cornerback a bit in high school. I think trading up for him would be a great idea.

we have a legit deep threat in CJax

Ginn IMO doesnt have the hands..hes a speedester but his hands and hes a little raw concern me. i wouldnt risk it

id rather have Robert Meachem by a mile
Meachem is a 6"3 210 lbs WR with 4.28 speed and all the ability in the world. Hes like Andre Johnson
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:12 AM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

Quote:
Ginn was the #1 CB recruit coming out of High School, and Ohio State did the dumb thing of moving him to WR. It won't be so dumb because I think Ginn will be a great WR in the NFL, but many believe that Ginn could have been a top 5 pick if he stayed at CB. I also think we need to sure up our return game as well. If we added a Dante Hall/Devin Hester type of return man to our team, that would be nasty. That is what I think Ginn can be. I mean we can't have Maroney or Troy Brown return kicks and punts much longer.

As of right now like remix said, I would probably prefer not to trade up and settle for Robert Meachum or Dwayne Bowe in round one as well as a LB or CB with the other pick, but I certainly won't be disappointed if we added Ted Ginn to this team.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I soooo can't wait to post my pictures from the Jacksonville game!! I have some that are AMAZING!! 8)
Old 12-25-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

You can find my pics here:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...d-8d9477aa8692

There are 22 more there 8)
Old 12-25-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

Dam. :D Nice pics Jay. You had awesome seats.

Merry Christmas Pats fans!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Awesome pics there Jay. Some nice closeups of Tully, Vrabel and Bruschi with a nice posing Colvin.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 12-26-2006, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just a quick question for you Patriot fans....

How would you guys feel if you traded both of your late first round picks for the first overall pick with Detroit? You could then draft Calvin Johnson at that spot....

Just something I just thought of that might be interesting.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Detroit needs Quinn thats why, Oakland would be a better possibility but why not just trade 1 first for a proven WR in Moss instead....

Bottom line is we wont know anything untill after the combine
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote