Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raptors actually did sell decently when they were bad a few years ago. If you look at how they sold compared to other teams who were playing at about their level or even higher, I would be very confident that their sales would look very good.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody who thinks Toronto isn't a sports crazy town is simply talking hogwash. The Jays were the top draw in baseball for a decade. The combination of the baseball strike and a new owner (a Belgian Brewery) who reduced payroll by 80% turned off Toronto fans but with new ownership in place, the last 3 seasons have seen a significant return of fans. Toronto will soon be drawing 3 million fans a year on a consistant basis.
The Raptors have never had an attendence problem even when they never made the playoffs. Even though they have to compete with Hockey almost every night, the games are mostly sold out.
Toronto not only will support a NFL team, the tickets will be a very hard buy. The games will be sold out within a week, end of story.
Toronto not only has an immense population base, it is also one of the richest cities in North America.
The CFL has a contract with the NFL for player development and is strickly minor league. A huge city like Toronto has no real interest in minor league football or minor league anything.
The choice is simple for Buffalo fans, the financial resourses don't exit in Buffalo to be competitive, hence Wilson's desire to inject money from the Toronto football fans. This is really the only opportunity to make Buffalo a viable franchise. They have been a miserable franchise since FA and the cap came into existance. They have become almost a training ground for the richer NFL franchises who pluck off their FA's every year.
Buffalo has 2 choices, give up the franchise altogether to another city(which will happen when Wilson dies) or try to work Toronto in with a schedule that will see the Bill's home games split between Buffalo and Toronto just like Green Bay does with the biggest city in Wisconsin. There are no other possibilities for Buffalo, it is simply not big enough to support the team financially by itself.
In the end Bill's fans will have to decide, split the home schedule or lose the franchise altogether when Wilson dies. Toronto if it doesn't get involved with a split schedule will simply buy the Bills when Wilson dies or they will both see the franchise given to LA. Sooner or later Toronto is going to get a franchise even if it is an expansion one, Buffalo on the other hand will be left with a pro hockey team and nothing else.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im glad we are getting alot on info from guys from Canada keep it coming all good points

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
Im glad we are getting alot on info from guys from Canada keep it coming all good points
I agree I like seeing what you all think..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I agree I like seeing what you all think..
Canadians (perhaps more specifically southern Ontarians) love NFL football from what I can see. my friends and I at school always talk about the big game, play fantasy football, talk about the draft, play madden, and argue about the patriots (where are the bandwagon riders now?).

NFL is indisputably the superior league (compaired to the CFL) IMO and NFL football is my favourite sport, has been for a couple years and will continue to be when the Bills move to Toronto (hopefully).

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.

Last edited by JoeSixPac : 02-08-2008 at 05:14 PM.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote