Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

View Poll Results: What's the biggest need for us?
Offensive Tackle 9 26.47%
Running Back 13 38.24%
Cornerback 8 23.53%
Safety 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Biggest Draft Need

There are probably four spots that people give us in mocks...Offensive Tackle, Running Back, Safety & Corner.

What do you think is the biggest need?

To me, the biggest need would be Running Back, so then the Offense can get balanced and deadly

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Johnathon Stewart or Jamal Charles would do a lot for us in the running back.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rashad Mendenhall is another RB in the mix. I wish we had our 2nd rounder and we could grab Charles there. I don't know if he's a 1st rounder just yet. He has had big fumble issues and he's barely 200 pounds, although he is a really good inside runner, it will be harder at that size in the pros. If we keep Demps, he and Brown did a decent enough job back there, but I wouldn't keep that from picking up Kenny Phillips if he were available. We do need another good corner, especially since Dunta won't be back for a while.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:46 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Rashad Mendenhall is another RB in the mix. I wish we had our 2nd rounder and we could grab Charles there. I don't know if he's a 1st rounder just yet. He has had big fumble issues and he's barely 200 pounds, although he is a really good inside runner, it will be harder at that size in the pros. If we keep Demps, he and Brown did a decent enough job back there, but I wouldn't keep that from picking up Kenny Phillips if he were available. We do need another good corner, especially since Dunta won't be back for a while.
I never really thought about it before but if Limas Sweed runs well and has a good combine he would be a nice selection. 6'5 220 pounds so he has the size it just depends on how much he has been working to come back from his injury and we will find out at the combine how fast he can run. He would definitely be someone that can take the pressure off of AJ. Sure Walters had a pretty good year but he is no number 2 wideout.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:08 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, Guys.
For the like, ever year in a row, all i can say is. wow. the texans need a good tackle. for once, you might get him.

sure, having a RB would be nice, but, it's not the most pressing need i think. if this is the year, Clady sounds like a winner. Free agency won't win you a running back... but ****, there's like decent RB's popping up in the second/third rounds that you'd be able to take home like a new car.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather wait to see how Charles Spencer responds from his injury, cause he was very promising at LT before it happened.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have had this same conversation with a coworker millions of times. He is a huge texans fan (and I follow them as they are in state.) I dont see them as much as you guys do, but this is what I see..

Texans need someone else on offense besides AJ. I wouldnt care if it was a running back or a wide receiver. When AJ is off the feild, your offense is half as good.

I may be a little high on this RB class, but I think there will be good RB's left in the third round. That is why I would think WR is the natural choice.

However, I really think yall are on the verge of greatness on defense. So many young and up and coming players. I would love to see a CB for that reason. And if Phillips (out of Miami) is available, a playmaking safety would do you wonders.

My gosh...did I say I had an idea what I would do if I were the Texans? I guess I dont have a clue. But I am confident in your drafting ability. Pretty strong track record the last few years, I would say.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 01-10-2008 at 11:01 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, what is the deal with Green? Yall getting your running back back next year, or what??????

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I have had this same conversation with a coworker millions of times. He is a huge texans fan (and I follow them as they are in state.) I dont see them as much as you guys do, but this is what I see..

Texans need someone else on offense besides AJ. I wouldnt care if it was a running back or a wide receiver. When AJ is off the feild, your offense is half as good.

I may be a little high on this RB class, but I think there will be good RB's left in the third round. That is why I would think WR is the natural choice.

However, I really think yall are on the verge of greatness on defense. So many young and up and coming players. I would love to see a CB for that reason. And if Phillips (out of Miami) is available, a playmaking safety would do you wonders.

My gosh...did I say I had an idea what I would do if I were the Texans? I guess I dont have a clue. But I am confident in your drafting ability. Pretty strong track record the last few years, I would say.
They could choose anyone and I would probably be happy. Phillips would be awesome, either of two Jenkins CB's would be nice, Limas Sweed would be a good choice, Reshard Mendenhall would be awesome, Clady would help. Another LB would be nice since Ryans is about all we have. I dont think there would be a pick I would be skeptical about. DeSean Jackson would be okay too since Mathis cant keep himself off of IR although Andre Davis did have a great ending to the season. I would love all of those picks.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
jewbacah

Yay Ytexans
Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) Reshard Mendenhall Or Jonathan Stewart
2) Ryan Clady or Another OT
3) DeSean Jackson
4) Kenny Phillps (Dream if he fell this low, though)
5) Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib or DRC

Old 02-04-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Johnathan Stewart and Kenny Phillips are gone by our pick, I think we should trade down. If we were to nab Mendenhall or Reggie Smith and then take a tackle like Oniel Cousins or Carl Nicks in the second round.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BlueGoldGreen
Rookie

BlueGoldGreen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How would Jamaal Charles fit into the Texans scheme?
BlueGoldGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Super Bowl XLIII...Dallas Cowboys vs Houston Texans! I'm calling it already.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
pswizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
1) Reshard Mendenhall Or Jonathan Stewart
2) Ryan Clady or Another OT
3) DeSean Jackson
4) Kenny Phillps (Dream if he fell this low, though)
5) Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib or DRC
I think our first need is obviouosly in the secondary at safety. Now if you look at the newest mock draft it shows Phillips dropping to the Texans. I do not see this happening, however if it does that would be wonderful. Otherwise I think we should go with another offensive playmaker, I like Mendenhall more than Stewart but that is my opinion. I also like Malcolm Kelly over DeSean Jackson. I think obviously Jackson has the potential to be something great with his speed and athleticism, however Kelly is already a polished reciever and would fit in perfectly as a 2 reciever opposite AJ. His size is similar, he's probably bigger than AJ, and he is maybe a half step behind in the timed 40. I like Kelly. Mendenhall I like more than Stewart becuase I think he is more versatile. Mendenhall was used more in the passing game and I think is more explosive than stewart. Both are big physical backs, and both will produce in the NFL, I like Mendnehall. I think the offensive line showed much improvement this past year, and I don't think they are completely responcible for David Carrs sack numbers. Carr will be sacked wherever he goes. I don't think we need to address LT yet. If we had a 2nd round pick we could go after a guy like Sam Baker but we don't. I think we can find gems in the 2nd and 3rd to fill those needs as they appear.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who would you take Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart if both were available?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Personally, I would take Jonathan Stewart because he's a little stronger, but I would be happy with Mendenhall.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jonathan Stewart and think he would be a better fit with the Texans. Honestly our offensive line isn't too special, so the chances the RB has to get to the safeties and CB's aren't many. We could use a powerful runner who can run over linebackers because we cannot keep our RB's clean.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

I really don't think we need to take a corner in the first round, since we have Daunta Robinson & Fred Bennett. We do need to draft one in probably round 3 for some depth, but if we take a corner in round one, we would be spending a first round pick basically on a nickelback, sure he'll start until Robinson comes back Daunta & Fred are our starters.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
pswizz

I would take Mendenhall over Stewart. Mendenhall has plenty of strength, will be effective inside, and I think he has more speed then Stewart which makes him better on the outside. I didn't watch much of Stewart this past year but I didn't see him too involved in the passing game which I also think Mendenhall is better in. And also, I think our offensive line is pretty good run blocking and has been for awhile. When Dominik Williams (formerly Davis) rushed for 1500 yards that was pretty impressive. Since he left we haven't had anyone capable of that. But if Ronny Dayne got more carries he would easily go over 1,000. Darius Walker was able to get into the secondary a couple of times with the limited amount of carries he had this season. Offensive run blocking is not a big problem.