Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

View Poll Results: Who is gonna break out???
Dallas Baker (just a hunch) 1 5.00%
Willie Colon (pro-bowl guard?) 2 10.00%
William *** (potential starter?) 1 5.00%
Chris Kemoeatu (would be a monster RG) 1 5.00%
Gary Russell (can he reagin his 1st round potential?) 5 25.00%
Anthony Smith (can he fullfill his potential?) 9 45.00%
Darnell Stapleton (next great Steelers C?) 1 5.00%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Break-out players

I just wondered who you think is gonna be the next Willie Parker/Ike Taylor/James Harrison for the Stillers. i.e a player that started off slow...but then made a major impact. I'll add a poll...just because they are fun :)

I didnt add Santonio Holmes or Lamarr Woodley...just cus i think they are a given to succeed.

Last edited by Jakey : 02-09-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was a toss up for me between russell, ***, and smith but i went russell... i like the way he runs and i think he will get about 100 carries this year and make the most outa all of em

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was tempted by Russell, but i think Smith starts to fulfill his potential this year, so that who i voted for.*** also didnt look to bad this year when he got it. I like him too.
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

steelersfan27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i voted for smith as well. it was between him and stapleton for me. i think smith can become an impact safety this year.
steelersfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Smith, just because I think he will get his confidence up this year and kick ass and have 5-6 interceptions. I was going to put Woodley, but we all know what he will do. Also, dont forget Timmons, as I think he will come on strong next year and do better then Foote ever did.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I voted for Smith, just because I think he will get his confidence up this year and kick ass and have 5-6 interceptions. I was going to put Woodley, but we all know what he will do. Also, dont forget Timmons, as I think he will come on strong next year and do better then Foote ever did.
u better hope TT doesnt see this...

Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for G a y because i think he has the easiest transition to be a starter and therefore be a breakout player.

Smith - if Clark comes back healthy he is the starter and anthony has to prove himself all over again.

Colon/Kemoeatu - i think there's too much uncertanty along the o-line, we're not even sure who will be here and who will be playing where to predict who will be a breakout player, plus with Colon already a starter I'm not sure he can breakout any more.

Russell - if Davenport stays then Russell is back to 3rd string giving him the potential to breakout but i think it will be harder for him to crack the starting lineup. Also, what if Haynes comes back....

Baker - I was really high on him coming out last yr and thought we had gotten a late rd steal but then he was really unimpressive in camp and I'm not sure how high the coaches still are on him.

Stapelton - I have heard that the coaches like him and if he becomes a starter and plays well then he will win the breakout award among these options but i think G a y has a better shot.

other - I'd like to revisit this option after the draft but for now tho - can a 1st rd pick be considered a breakout? If so I'm hoping that Timmons comes on this yr just cause I'd hate to see us have a wasted 1st rd pick.. I think the plan for him was to move Foote in for Farrior once he retires/gets too old, and then put Timmons in for Foote where i think he can really excell.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ryanrayne

My vote is for Gary Russell. I think he may surprise this year and really pick up the slack, when Davenport is released
Old 02-12-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

TheWood56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted for Anthony Smith as I think he has great potential and just needs to play a little more disciplined, not necessarily less aggressive. I've always been a huge fan of Smith and his potential, and it seems as though he's always showing slight glimses of it, though IMO, it's only a matter of time until he breaks out and develops into a great ballhawking, trash talking, huge hitting safety. Oh, I can see it now.
TheWood56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lineman Stapleton the next harting
Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
lineman Stapleton the next harting
I think Bhaarat just pulled a MHop...posting in a drunken stooper!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Stapleton will be the starter next year and compared to Mahan, he may look like Jeff Hartings.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be Gary Russel if the line actually decides to block anyone.

And he earns some playing time by outshining Davenport in pre season

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bdcbdc7

I'm going with Russell. He has to get the shot but here is what I see.

Russell was out of football for almost a year. A good summer working out will be good for him. When I see him run I see a poor mans Emmitt Smith. He hits the whole real well with solid lean and I like that I see him always going forward.

Take this for what it is worth but I would not be shocked at all if he turns out to be a GREAT back. FWP has more speed and runs with incredible heart but I do not see the vision or patience that I see glimpses of in Russell.

Russell IMO looks to have natural RB skills.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I think Stapleton will be the starter next year and compared to Mahan, he may look like Jeff Hartings.
I sure hope he starts over Mahan, especially if we only have Mahan and Stapleton as center's on the roster next season, because honestly, I just don't really want to see Mahan on the field at all next season, especially in a starting role.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry if im a little behind, but whos this stapleton guy. Ive never heard of him until i got on here. how old is he? wheres he from?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
sorry if im a little behind, but whos this stapleton guy. Ive never heard of him until i got on here. how old is he? wheres he from?
UDFA from rutgers last draft class, a bit undersized at about 290, but apparently plays pretty tough and the coaches love him

Old 02-14-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Mike...apparently his weight is up to 308lbs
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Mike...apparently his weight is up to 308lbs
oh snap really? whered u hear this?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

^ I cant remember...it was prolly SCI
Old 02-14-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
UDFA from rutgers last draft class, a bit undersized at about 290, but apparently plays pretty tough and the coaches love him
thats awesome, i hope he turns out to be as good as everyone on here thinks he'll be haha
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
oh snap really? whered u hear this?
Heard the exact same thing Mike, that he's around that 308lbs mark or something. But yeah, apparently he looks pretty big now, which is a good thing, because when he came here from Rutgers, he was a little undersized as I believe you said.