Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Its funny how everyone labeled Alex Smith a bust last year without even giving it second thought. This year, he is improving (nothing to wow about, but improving none the less) and he's the 3rd rated guy on this "list" by most of the people here?

Come on, thats ridiculous.
i guess i don't see your point... ridiculous because people on this are giant bandwagoners or ridiculous because he's not, in your opinion, the 3rd best quarterback out of those five?

i don't disagree with either, really, but i'm not sure what you're saying.
15 TDs with 15 INTS and a 58% completion % and 75.2 passer rating isn't anything to wow about honestly. Of course, he's developing and shows promise, which is why I never knock a developing qb, but these numbers are not better than Eli's 2nd year. Granted Eli's completion % was worse, and his talent was greater, but his responsibilities were much greater and he had much more yards and TDs as well. He was asked to do alot more, and he was in charge of the 2nd best offense in the league in his 2nd year along with the NY pressure and horrible coach putting an emmense amount of workload on his plate. I don't get how Alex Smith's development is any better than Eli's.

Granted Eli is struggling right now, but even then, how is Smith doing any better?

Im not knocking Smith, Im actually quite pleased that he's doing well for himself after everyone wrote him off so quickly, but its also ironic to me how everyone can write him off so quickly, then turn around and jump on his bandwagon even quicker. Its just somewhat hypocritical to me.