Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:50 PM    (permalink
coolrider8193

Default NFL 2006 Offensive Rookie of the Year

Who do you think will win the NFL 2006 offensive Rookie of the Year?

Please provide your reason for voting for a particular player.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Merrill Hoge had a hard on for Reggie Bush for OROY today. I'm going with Vince Young though. If Kerry Collins was still the QB, how many games do the Titans win? 3, maybe?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

interesting that you're back.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:42 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras
That's true except you're completely wrong. Do you even follow the media? It's either going to be Young or Bush. Devin Hester has a better chance of winning than MJD or Colston, like it or not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vince Young.

Simply put, he's the best player on the field every time he's out there.

And he's only getting better.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:56 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VYisaGod

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:00 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
That's true except you're completely wrong. Do you even follow the media? It's either going to be Young or Bush. Devin Hester has a better chance of winning than MJD or Colston, like it or not.
Bush has a chance? I was under the impression that one good game wasnt enough to win OROY

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

but mass media attention is (ignoring his reception numbers)
Old 12-27-2006, 01:49 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Keak? He would be all over Drew right now.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:53 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew has 15 touchdowns, which is third in the entire league. However, he plays for a small market team which has little shot at making the playoffs.

I wouldn't complain at all if Young won it. Bush, on the other hand...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting, because I see it as stats vs impact. Not saying Jones-Drew and Colston haven't made huge impacts, but VY's impact on the Titans as a whole is uncanny for a rookie. The fact he hasn't had stellar stats (even though the last 6 games have been good - 87 QB rating average) almost works in his favour in a way - he is that vital for the Titans and yet is still clearly learning weekly on the fly. There is no way any realistic option at QB for the Titans this season would have been this clutch when needed.

If there was a MVP award for a rookie he'd deserve that for sure, but the actual OROY award being his will depend on how they view his impact vs other's stats. I must say, they can't go wrong either way, great year for rookies. Although I think Bush getting it would be a little rotten.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:49 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give it to Drew. VY is steadily improving and I think he'll be good, but I have to say that he is getting a tad too much credit for the titans turnaround. They have had an amazing season, but sometimes they are winning despite Young's play. He has shown a flair for the dramatic, but what if they were never in the position to lose in the first place? Overall, he really hasn't played all that well. And I don't intend to come across as saying that VY sucks, because I believe the exact opposite. I think he will be a good QB. He has had a good rookie season. But I think guys like Drew and Colston and McNeill have had outstanding seasons. Granted, QB is the toughest position to play, I just don't think VY has played well enough throughout the season to outshine some of his counterparts. JMO. I think he'll probably take home the hardware though.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:27 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman (arguably of course). But yeah, it's either Young, Drew, or Colston.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman (arguably of course). But yeah, it's either Young, Drew, or Colston.
I'm not sure Nick Mangold is the best rookie Olineman. Very good, but coming from a team with no rushing game. McNeill on the other hand has anchored the LT spot for a RB that just brok the all time TD record and leagues the lead in rushing.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young wins football games.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman
Marcus McNeil

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
coolrider8193

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
I know you would miss me. But any way it's good to back in the forum.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:54 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrider8193
Quote:
Cartman? :?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:55 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
I'd give it to Drew. VY is steadily improving and I think he'll be good, but I have to say that he is getting a tad too much credit for the titans turnaround. They have had an amazing season, but sometimes they are winning despite Young's play. He has shown a flair for the dramatic, but what if they were never in the position to lose in the first place? Overall, he really hasn't played all that well. And I don't intend to come across as saying that VY sucks, because I believe the exact opposite. I think he will be a good QB. He has had a good rookie season. But I think guys like Drew and Colston and McNeill have had outstanding seasons. Granted, QB is the toughest position to play, I just don't think VY has played well enough throughout the season to outshine some of his counterparts. JMO. I think he'll probably take home the hardware though.
The only game I recall them winning despite VY's play was against the Eagles and Jags (but the Jags game was hardly a fair to say that since he hardly had the ball and the entire offense was similarly a non factor). Otherwise he has been key on many occasions to important scoring drives, and sometimes game winning drives. And i'm not sure if you meant VY is responsible for the Titans being in a position to lose in the first place, but he certainly has not - that goes to the D on a lot of occasions. As I said, I don't see any realistic choice at QB this season that could have come close to doing what VY has done. Even when he isn't winning games on scrambles or late crucial drives, his leadership and personality has helped turn the entire team around. Numerous Titans players said when they saw VY get up fired up after the late hit against the Giants, it sparked the whole team for that amazing comeback. He's the most important single player on the Titans right now maybe outside of Pacman and Mawae.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrider8193
Quote:
"miss" is an interesting choice of words.

cards: not cartman he was actually CoolRider before.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:34 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Cutler would have started more this year because he would have easily gotten it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I wish Cutler would have started more this year because he would have easily gotten it.
If he continued at his curent pace.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Bush has a chance? I was under the impression that one good game wasnt enough to win OROY
one good game is not enough to win OROY, but bush has had more than just one good game. he's been very solid over the last 8 or so. plus, he will get some "feel good Saints" votes. nonetheless, because vy touches the ball so much and wins, he's your OROY.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote