Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ex Rams player suing the Patriots

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7802398?MSNHPHMA

Funny stuff if you ask me.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$100 million? Really? Honestly all of this is just getting ridiculous.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he sued for like 10 M he'd have a chance... 100 M is just dumb
Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

He only wants $150,000 for every player on the Rams team, not $100mil for himself.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
He only wants $150,000 for every player on the Rams team, not $100mil for himself.

I think he could have a pretty good point if there's substance behind the allegations..

If so I think he could potentially sue the Patriots organization for the bonuses of every player involved and money lost for the likes of promotions and other things.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soap Opera stuff I tell you, the state of sports right now is ridiculous in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

while there is no doubt the patriots franchise will have trouble restoring it's good reputation, this is getting rediculous.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I heard a rumor Seattle players are going to sue the Steelers because of shady calls that happened at the end of Super Bowl XL... and that there are Bears players that are going to sue the Colts for calling them bad names and hurting their feelings...

My new motto is: trust me, you want this to go away. Learn it and live it.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I heard a rumor Seattle players are going to sue the Steelers because of shady calls that happened at the end of Super Bowl XL... and that there are Bears players that are going to sue the Colts for calling them bad names and hurting their feelings...

My new motto is: trust me, you want this to go away. Learn it and live it.
Well, they'll probably lose both - the Steelers aren't the refs, and the Bears would be laughed at with feelings likely hurt further.

Unless, of course, you were just being sarcastic to belittle the validity of this recent development, but then neither examples are really close to being the same thing (if it turns out there is proof against the Pats anyway) ;)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Let's just think of it like this: if this Matt Walsh guy really did tape the Rams practice before the Super Bowl, and subsequently got fired from the Patriots after that game, do you think there is any chance they even knew about it? And if they did, what do you think the probability that a tape like that ever leaves their possession would be? My money is on less then .001%.

Furthermore, the guy is asking for total indemnity in order to talk, meaning that he wants the NFL to protect him from potential litigation if he says something, and the NFL is willing to offer him that with one simple rule: he tells the truth.

That's not good enough for him.

So see, something is not adding up here. The Patriots won't so much as smile if it gives away a hint about what they are doing/scheming/game-planning and they have a coach that gives you nothing. Do you mean to tell me that a tape like this has been out there for what, six, seven years and they didn't know and haven't done something about it? I don't buy it.

And why would he come out with it now? Out of the blue. They played in two Super Bowls before this one and the story was huge FIVE months ago. Why now?

I just don't buy it.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course there's a chance they knew about it. And I'm guessing you know what the term 'back up' insinuates. I'm not sure if Walsh is claiming to specifically have the originals or not. Even if he is and does, he was a Pats employee then, so unless they can prove somehow they didn't know about it/them, then it reflects very badly. Maybe not legally, but then this suing stuff isn't a legal matter unless I'm mistaken. From what I understand, if it's proved a Pats employee did indeed tape the Rams against the NFL rules, then that may be enough for a law suit to follow through, but I'm no lawyer.

Anyway, I was just saying your examples to trivialize this Rams player suing thing don't really make any sense. Refs and feelings have little in common with a team cheating. The obvious difference is those things would never get this far. All your questions are solid points though, but ultimately I think the whole or at least a mostly-whole truth will be coming out sooner or later, so I'm not really seeing the point in siding either way before hand. Sometimes these things are made possible by odd decisions and slipups that don't make a whole lot of sense, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds. I'm pretty sure we're in for a conclusion either way.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

The Rams could have given the Patriots their playbooks and let one of their defenders in the huddle and they still should have won that game. They were the better team by a large margin. That's all there is to it.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Rams could have given the Patriots their playbooks and let one of their defenders in the huddle and they still should have won that game. They were the better team by a large margin. That's all there is to it.

Probably true, but that doesn't really excuse cheating.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Let's just think of it like this: if this Matt Walsh guy really did tape the Rams practice before the Super Bowl, and subsequently got fired from the Patriots after that game, do you think there is any chance they even knew about it? And if they did, what do you think the probability that a tape like that ever leaves their possession would be? My money is on less then .001%.

Furthermore, the guy is asking for total indemnity in order to talk, meaning that he wants the NFL to protect him from potential litigation if he says something, and the NFL is willing to offer him that with one simple rule: he tells the truth.

That's not good enough for him.

So see, something is not adding up here. The Patriots won't so much as smile if it gives away a hint about what they are doing/scheming/game-planning and they have a coach that gives you nothing. Do you mean to tell me that a tape like this has been out there for what, six, seven years and they didn't know and haven't done something about it? I don't buy it.

And why would he come out with it now? Out of the blue. They played in two Super Bowls before this one and the story was huge FIVE months ago. Why now?

I just don't buy it.
Not quite. The reason he needs blanket immunity is the Patriots can claim anything he says is a lie. He could tell the truth but if the courts deem he hasnt he would be lible. It doesnt matter though, the lawsuit brought by the Rams player will have him as a witness and then he'll be protected and will be able to testify without fear of recrimination

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Except for that whole "purgery" thing.

We can play both sides of the street on this one. The Patriots are afraid he will lie, Walsh is afraid the Patriots will claim he is lying if he tells the truth.

But everyone obviously sides with the guy that claims he played varsity golf at Springfield College for two years when they have absolutely no record of that ever happening...
Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I was about to go off on you because I read this wrong...

You are right, the Rams should of won that game.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

Quote:
What are you talking about? You won on a last second field goal. All the victories are by a field goal. The Patriots have never been a dominating team like the Steelers, Bears or 49ers were in their heyday. That's why if they are found guilty they will have to be stripped of the title. You guys wouldve had a better case for keeping your title if you had won 45-3 but by squeaking one out at the end any illegal advantage has to be looked at as influencing the outcome

Old 02-16-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just don't buy it.
Firstly, you cant just prepare a case in a week, him and his lawyers must have gone through a long process working everything out, gathering all the evidence. It is not that ridiculous that they would be preparing it now. He wanted to make a legitimate case and thats why he took a long time
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
What are you talking about? You won on a last second field goal. All the victories are by a field goal. The Patriots have never been a dominating team like the Steelers, Bears or 49ers were in their heyday. That's why if they are found guilty they will have to be stripped of the title. You guys wouldve had a better case for keeping your title if you had won 45-3 but by squeaking one out at the end any illegal advantage has to be looked at as influencing the outcome
They ='s the Rams

But hey, it was worth a shot...
Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

Quote:
They ='s the Rams

But hey, it was worth a shot...
Gotcha lol

Old 02-16-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except for that whole "purgery" thing.

We can play both sides of the street on this one. The Patriots are afraid he will lie, Walsh is afraid the Patriots will claim he is lying if he tells the truth.

But everyone obviously sides with the guy that claims he played varsity golf at Springfield College for two years when they have absolutely no record of that ever happening...
Yeah. That guy certainly can't be trusted. Luckily for us, we have the upstanding Patriot organization steering our moral compasses between right an wrong. I mean, a hall of fame coach who has made a dynasty through the sweat and toil of his players and the pure ingenuity of his own genius, all while upholding the strictest of moral codes and ethics of the a professional sportsman. Boy we sure are lucky to have them....
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's not going to be any stripping of the titles, because if they taped in the AFC championship game there is no telling who would of really won those superbowls since they would of all been different matchups...the worst case out of this is probably belichick getting suspended a year or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the **** is Willie Gary?