Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

View Poll Results: Which big WR would you draft?
James Hardy (round1) 3 13.04%
Malcom Kelly (round1) 2 8.70%
Limas Sweed (round2) 5 21.74%
Devin Thomas (round2) 5 21.74%
DJ Hall (round3) 3 13.04%
Adarius Bowman (round3-4) 2 8.70%
Jermone Simpson (round4) 1 4.35%
Jordyz Nelsonz (round4) 0 0%
Adrian Arrington (round5) 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR's?

Which 'big' WR would you want us to draft if they were available? Take into account the projected round aswell...thanks guys.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like all of these WR's, but i am going to assume that we dont go in that direction untill at least round 3. I found it hard to choose between Hall and Bowman...but i eventually sided for Hall...he runs good routes, has dependable hands, and is a good deal faster than Bowman.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with sweed for the steelers. Wasnt it Big Ben that made ward mad while saying he wanted a big athletic receiver. Steelers already have 2 quick smaller WRs. Sweed will give them the size they need and make there QB happy.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like hardy, bowman, and sweed. If i had to pick one it would be hardy altough i dont think we would draft him in the first round, and i dont think he would fall to us in the second. His stock is probably gonna soar at the combine as i heard he runs in the low 4.4s. not to mention hes 6'7"
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is too hard dude. i want either Sweed, Thomas, or Hall of the three. I'd probably vote Sweed just cuz i have small ties to texas, me living here and what not, but i've seen Hall everytime LSU played them. and he is a specimen, and Thomas noone really knows that much because he is a one year wonder so far and well Michigan St doesn't get too much national spotlight.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bowman most bang for the buck imo

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Limas Sweed is Horrible.. who would vote for him.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Limas Sweed is Horrible.. who would vote for him.
whats your knock on him??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
whats your knock on him??
He's slow, not very agile, routes are average.

And for how high his stock is you can get 10x better receivers.

Give me Hardy, Thomas, Kelly or Bennett over that schmuck.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went thomas....added value as a kick returner

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Kennan Burton?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

I was gonna put Keenan Burton on there, i really like the kid...but he doesnt really class as a big reciever, which is the question i asked.

That said, he does jump about 10 inches higher than every1 else, so he has the same effect as a tall reciever :p
Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have that then some slouch tall reciever. Burton has it all except for straight line speed. If he had the speed, he would be a first rounder. I could use a second or third on him.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you guys don't take Adrian Arrington. I don't want his awesomeness on the Steelers!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If I had to chose someone, I chose Thomas, but he wont be available for when we pick in the second. You also forgot Earl Bennett.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can't get good value for the o-Line in the first we should get hardy. he would be a beast on jump balls. jordy nelson and limas sweed would also be good choices.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either Hardy or jump on the RB train with all the talent that is out there.

I cant see there not being a good OT out there to take in the first round.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPac View Post
If we can't get good value for the o-Line in the first we should get hardy. he would be a beast on jump balls. jordy nelson and limas sweed would also be good choices.
James Hardy struggled to get of the LOS from jams (even against smaller college DB's.)

I don't want Hardy.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:15 AM    (permalink
ChosenOne
Rookie

ChosenOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.ChosenOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Devin Thomas in round two. We have too big a need for offensive linemen in the first round to take a receiver.

Pittsburgh Steelers Florida Gators Pittsburgh Penguins
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote