Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at the rookie stats on nfl.com and Vince Young isn't there. :?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
In the win column he is.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
In the win column he is.
Joke?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

A lot of players are missing. Reggie Bush, Colston, and Drew are all gone.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You should have looked harder....

Leinart: 2606 total yards, 56.8% completions, 13 TD's, 12 INT's.
Young: 2495 total yards, 52.6% completions, 18 TD's, 11 INTs
MJD: 2013 combined yards, 17 TD's
Gradkowski: 1832 total yards, 54% compltions, 9 TD, 9 INT
Reggie Bush: 1490 total yards, 8 TD
Marques Colston: 1038 yards, 8 TD

Vince Young is right in the mix, statistically speaking....and he's had a MUCH greater impact on his team than any other rookie in the league.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Marcus Mcneil SHOULD win it.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman (arguably of course). But yeah, it's either Young, Drew, or Colston.
One day Marcus McNeill thought he stepped in some gum, but when he looked it was just Nick Mangold.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i said Drew. Bush shouldn't be up there. if he wins it'll be a joke.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
The Tennessee Titans are currently winning football games.
Fixed it for you.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Vince Young ahead of Marcus McNeil.

I still can't believe Marcus slipped that far in the draft, yet we're gonna see Robert Gallery, I mean Tony Mandarich, I mean Joe Thomas go top 5 in 2007. Might as well draft Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan again.
SOME People never learn...
Old 12-27-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe

I still can't believe Marcus slipped that far in the draft, yet we're gonna see Robert Gallery, I mean Tony Mandarich, I mean Joe Thomas go top 5 in 2007. Might as well draft Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan again.
yeah, boy, who would be concerned about his spinal cord and let that affect his draft status. and who the hell is michael jordan if you think joe thomas is sam bowie? terrible analogy.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink

Quote:

He has major health concerns that made him fall and saying Joe Thomas will be a major bust really makes no sense. He is probably one of the safest picks in this draft. I'd really love to hear your reasoning for him being a bust.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:

yeah, boy, who would be concerned about his spinal cord and let that affect his draft status. and who the hell is michael jordan if you think joe thomas is sam bowie? terrible analogy.
Levi Brown maybe?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young w/o a doubt; the only reason Tenn is in playoff contention

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

My reasoning is because I remember being a HUGE sceptic of Robert Gallery 3 years ago as an NFL franchise LEFT TACKLE. Joe Thomas is next.

Tony Mandarich, Robert Gallery, and now Thomas. All Big Ten, overhyped, non-nimble, left tackles.

Take a look at the truly great OTs of today, and last year....
Walter Jones, Ogden, Roaf, Pace, Willie Anderson, Tarik Glenn, McNeil, Chris Samuels.... those are your Pro Bowlers... those are the guys who are top 5 worthy picks. You notice any difference between THEM and Thomas and Gallery? Just the facts please.

Where are those of you who said that Gallery would be an immediate All Pro?
Are you guys telling me Joe Thomas will be a Pro Bowler within 2 or 3 seasons? I will go on record and say he will be closer to a bust than a Pro Bowler after two seasons.

It's easy to say someone's gonna be great and then when they fail, they're nowhere to be found. Where are all the Chrles Rogers lovers from 2003? They EXISTED then.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink

Non-nimble? Joe Thomas is a great athlete.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

We'll see how great of an athlete he is against NFL DE's and pass rush LBers....... I'm just glad my team, Packers, don't have a top 5 or 10 pick this time. I still ache over the 1989 pick of Mandarich over Barry and Deion, and Derrick Thomas.... NEVER take the blocker ahead of the special skill player. NEVER.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
We'll see how great of an athlete he is against NFL DE's and pass rush LBers....... I'm just glad my team, Packers, don't have a top 5 or 10 pick this time. I still ache over the 1989 pick of Mandarich over Barry and Deion, and Derrick Thomas.... NEVER take the blocker ahead of the special skill player. NEVER.
Stupid comment. The OL is the most important part of football easily. Look at the Cardinals, we have great skill position players, but the OL sucks, so the team sucks.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My reasoning is because I remember being a HUGE sceptic of Robert Gallery 3 years ago as an NFL franchise LEFT TACKLE. Joe Thomas is next.

Tony Mandarich, Robert Gallery, and now Thomas. All Big Ten, overhyped, non-nimble, left tackles.

Walter Jones, Ogden, Roaf, Pace, Willie Anderson, Tarik Glenn, McNeil, Chris Samuels.... those are your Pro Bowlers... those are the guys who are top 5 worthy picks. You notice any difference between THEM and Thomas and Gallery? Just the facts please.

I guess the lesson to be learned here is that if you're considering drafting a tackle in the top 5, make sure he is black.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:

I guess the lesson to be learned here is that if you're considering drafting a tackle in the top 5, make sure he is black.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

wow... outlandish statements with no real back-up data... ridiculous claims... god syndrome...

i'm bored. let me know when you're off the "joe thomas sucks and shouldn't play a down in the NFL because i know he sucks" soap box.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
wow... outlandish statements with no real back-up data... ridiculous claims... god syndrome...

i'm bored. let me know when you're off the "joe thomas sucks and shouldn't play a down in the NFL because i know he sucks" soap box.
I think that's the same soapbox the Vince Young bashers were using.... but since nobody was using it anymore, they just scratched out VY's name and wrote in Joe Thomas.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras
That's true except you're completely wrong. Do you even follow the media? It's either going to be Young or Bush. Devin Hester has a better chance of winning than MJD or Colston, like it or not.
Bush has a chance? I was under the impression that one good game wasnt enough to win OROY
Not if you have a media hype machine the size of a freight train behind you.

Listen to any media broadcast sometime. It's between Young and Bush, with Young far ahead at this point.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks
Quote:

I think that's the same soapbox the Vince Young bashers were using.... but since nobody was using it anymore, they just scratched out VY's name and wrote in Joe Thomas.
What? People actually had reasoning to say that VY wouldn't do well in the NFL. You can't say he hasn't been a bad pick yet anyways. A lot of players start out great and then nothing.