Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that's impressive, especially #7.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds pretty interesting. I'd be happy to be involved, but it seems like a good idea to have some sort of designated format - even it it's simply a loosely put together one - for the sake of apple to apple comparison's on different topics. We could do something of the nature of a team-by-team analysis with our #1 "Essential Truth" (or whatever you want to call it) for each side of the ball, and then a "wild-card" point that we think will likely come into play with the team. Then, beyond that we could have something like 3 points apeice to talk about each conference and what we expect to see, how things will/won't play out, or even commentary on one particular player/trend/pattern/whatever.

IDK, just a suggestion, but I definately think there should be fair amount of structure for the sake of comparing ideas on an even playing field. But whatever we decide I'll happily contribute. We need to decide pretty quick here, it will likely take a fair deal of time/effort (at least for me), and the sooner I know what's up, the better the final product will be.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, BBD, I remember reading this post back when you made it, and thinking that it was about 60-40 right.....but looking back it was truly an impressive job.

If one wanted to nit-pick, they could find something wrong with probably 6 or 7 of your points, but the spirit of what you were saying was right on everything......lol, except your beloved G-men. It's funny how that works, isn't it? Love does truly blind us.

Still, while LJ may ultimately win the rushing title, I would still consider your point to be right. People were saying that he would run away with it, and that 2000 was the benchmark for success for him this season, but he has had waaaaaay more carries than LT, and is currently neck and neck with him. I expected him to be in it, but to lose out to somebody that came out of the pack. I truly didn't expect it to be LT to win it (even though I have always thought that he was the best RB in the league), because of the vulturing nature of Michael Turner, but I am happy to see him in position to do just that.

As to the AFC West point, while you may sound off on that one, it was still a good one. The inclusion of the Raiders in that group was a bone-head one, imo, and the only part that I would argue with right now (though I personally would have told you you were dead wrong to think that the Chiefs had a chance before the season), as the Broncos looked like the class of the division 1/3 of the way in, while the Chiefs made a serious run at it before falling back to the pack. I don't think the Chargers are that much better than the rest of the league. Rather, I think they have had a series of fortunate circumstances conspire to keep them where they are, with the Bengals win, followed by the early deficit-turned-win @ Denver that ultimately (at least imo) sealed Denver's fate for the season and catapulted the Chargers to the top of the division - and league. So, while it superficially looks that you were full of it on that one, I would consider you to have captured the spirit of what has actually transpired, even if the letter seems to be wrong.

Definately a job well done. 8)
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

word, i should have a forum up by tomorrow, so when you see something new on the board, stop in. my plan would be to spend some portion of tomorrow finalizing the format, then getting stuff up over the weekend and tuesday (since a "drinking" weekend may not be conducive for everyone to get things up) then copy forward the posts on either tuesday or wednesday.