Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:16 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with those who say that the Browns should trade Anderson while his value his high. He can be a playmaking QB at times, but his innaccuracy is a real problem and I think his 29 TD passes are more a product of Braylon Edwards being a red zone machine. There isn't any reason to believe that Quinn couldn't produce with one year under his belt and a good offense around him, though I guess the only people who really know are the Cleveland coaches.

The way I see it, you're already playing with house money by turning a guy you picked up off of the street into something, you already have his replacement who makes more money, why not trade him for as many assets you can get in return? It's really not the same level of risk as the Brees situation because Brees played at a higher level, he was a higher draft pick (high 2nd... Cleveland picked up Anderson off of waivers) and Rivers made more money than Quinn. Rest assured that Anderson won't be an MVP candidate like Brees is.

From Anderson's perspective he should want to be traded too. Some dumb team will give him a big extension. Cleveland tenders him high and he could suck next year for them and get benched, or get hurt like Brees did, both situations hurting the value of his next contract. I guess there isn't much risk from Cleveland's POV if they hold on to Anderson, but they won't get better than a compensatory pick for him if he walks after next year. Like I said it's basically house money, go for the draft picks and add more quality depth to the team for the long term.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya there offering him a 3 year $30 million deal right now. Its wasted money trade him and let quinn take over. Andersons stock is high they could get good amount for him.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote