Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
evans555

Big signing....look out for that LB core with Poz, Mitchell, and Crowell with Crow prob. moving to weak

The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with New York Giants free-agent outside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, The Buffalo News has learned.

Meanwhile, former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud of the Jacksonville Jaguars is scheduled to visit the Bills today. Stroud is not a free agent but has been given permission from the Jaguars to seek a trade.

Mitchell, 28, is a five-year veteran who started 16 games for the Super Bowl champions last season. He's 6-foot-1 and 253 pounds. He figures to be an immediate upgrade at strong-side linebacker for the Bills' defense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/288087.html

Sirius is reporting that Stroud is in Buffalo also
Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now that makes sense. for some reason, i kept on thinking of them plugging kawika at will or mike, but if crowell moves to weak, and kawika goes to sam, that's actually quite intriguing.

Last edited by toonsterwu : 02-29-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: sam not mike
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
now that makes sense. for some reason, i kept on thinking of them plugging kawika at will or mike, but if crowell moves to weak, and kawika goes to mike, that's actually quite intriguing.
Would Pos move to SLB?

BTW, does Mitchell have good speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oops, typo, meant kawika to sam, keeping pos at mike. at least, that's what i'd do.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure it's a "big" signing, but it's a good one for them. Should give them some flexibility in the draft as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
evans555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not sure it's a "big" signing, but it's a good one for them. Should give them some flexibility in the draft as well.

Much cheaper option they overrated Briggs in my opinion and a MUCH better option they John Digorigio

Plus this team needs to compete with NE and what a better way to do so then sign Giants
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans555 View Post
Much cheaper option they overrated Briggs in my opinion and a MUCH better option they John Digorigio

Plus this team needs to compete with NE and what a better way to do so then sign Giants
ZOMG they should totally sign Eli Manning and Michael Strahan too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good move by the Bills, Mitchell is a good pickup.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like the OP said Stroud is in Buffalo, and he might be taking a physical right now.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

What's Stroud worth?

Thanks to jackalope
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
evans555

Reports are 5 yrs. 17 mil....thats prob 25 mil less then Briggs

I like this deal more and more
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad for Mitchell. Good but not great player. But everyone needs guys like him. For some reason no one wanted him last year. We got him on a 1 year 1 million dollar deal. He got his ring and now turned that small deal in to a big one. I'm glad.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, that sucks. Looks like people will just keep giving us Connor now in mock drafts with Mitchell and Torbor gone.

Honestly, I'm actually a lot more excited about Gerris Wilkinson starting for us. He played great for us last year when we needed him, and I think he fits our scheme better.

That said, great pick up by the Bills. Mitchell is an underrated LB and I think he'll fit well into that linebacking corps.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed him to a good deal.
5 years, $17 million.
$5 million guaranteed.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

That is not a bad deal for both sides. He'd fit good with Crowell.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 02-29-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

Giants fan here, thats a good price for Mitchell for you Buffalo fans. I really loved what he did for us this year, started off slow the first two games but made the big stop on the goal line stand in week 3 against the Redskins which propelled us. Solid player, smart and good insticts, can hit hard too...a little slow but makes it up with football smarts. I guess Reese, TC and Spags thinks that Gerris Wilkinson is going to play just as good as Mitchell did at WLB, hes got the speed and played very well in the weeek 17 game against the Pats and in the Tampa game
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good player and he's coming with a good price too.

A lot of people had us interested in Briggs but I'm not so sure if this was a better option for us. Mitchell is a lot cheaper and he's going to give us room to resign Angelo Crowell and Lee Evans this season.

Marcus Stroud is in Buffalo too. If we could get that deal done the Bills have a lot more options in the draft and our defense would be pretty formidable too.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Im happy with this signing. It erases us taking a LB in round 1 now. Although I would have loved Dan Connor, Im not sure if hes out of the question if he slips to us in the 2nd. I hope to god that Stroud comes to Buffalo. Man, Buffalo is getting that D ready for NE.

I wonder what Buffalo does now with the #11 pick. Im thinking it is almost a given that we get a DE or CB at this point.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Im happy with this signing. It erases us taking a LB in round 1 now. Although I would have loved Dan Connor, Im not sure if hes out of the question if he slips to us in the 2nd. I hope to god that Stroud comes to Buffalo. Man, Buffalo is getting that D ready for NE.

I wonder what Buffalo does now with the #11 pick. Im thinking it is almost a given that we get a DE or CB at this point.
Why would we take a LB in round 2, if we already have Crowell, Posluszny, and Mitchell?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Why would we take a LB in round 2, if we already have Crowell, Posluszny, and Mitchell?
Its wishful thinking brother. I just really like Connor. Im thinking that we might go with one of Harvey or Merling or DRC/McKelvin/Talib
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is that Stroud to Buffalo is almost a done deal.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good not great pick up I always liked him in KC he was just not a good fit in the cover two.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Word is that Stroud to Buffalo is almost a done deal.
I hope you're right.
I'm waiting for the moment where I see, "Buffalo Bills have traded for Marcus Stroud" :D

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm waiting for the momment when I see a thread that says they Chiefs did any thing any thing at all.:(