Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
theres a reason we let porter go, and theres a reason we let faneca go..
Because you needed the money for Ben Roethlisberger?

Even if Faneca isn't what he used to be, its like saying he's gone from being arguably the best guard in the NFL to merely one of the top five. He's exactly what the Jets needed and I can't wait to see how much better the Jets OL is with him.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can only do so much by yourself, and realistically, the rest of that Steelers line is god awful. We'll see how he does, but I'm almost for certain that it'll be a huge upgrade.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
yeah keep trying to support that faneca move

im a steelers man and i can tell you that faneca wasnt the same last year or this year...

he is def not the same player he was when he was 27

hes not worth that $, he is an upgrade for you all but he gets whipped pretty often...

theres a reason we let porter go, and theres a reason we let faneca go..
Your o-line sucked last year, face it. Obviously he wasn't going to look the same... offensive lines play as a unit and if one guys hurt or not playing well, it can carry over to play of the rest of his linemates.

Faneca probably won't see the money of the final 2 years of the contract... it's not a bad deal at all.

The Steelers let Faneca go because they refused to offer a guard that kind of money. That's a reasonable strategy, but paying big money for a talented guard worked out for Cleveland and Minnesota... I'm confident it will work out in NY.

Your an obvious homer if you think Faneca's done just because Pittsburgh 'let him go'.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jets move wasn't bad, we were going to let Vilma go after this season anyways, and if you heard the deal, its a 4th rounder this year and based on performance could be as high as a 2nd round pick next year. So the Jets deal was this basically.
Jets get-08 4th rounder 09 2nd rounder
Saints get-Vilma 09 4th rounder
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Plus the Jets were smart, they fix their OL and DL problems with getting Faneca and Jenkins. The 2 biggest needs were filled. And they are going to sign a RT soon too. So the Jets are looking at 2 new starters on the OL next season at the 2 spots that destroyed our line. Jets OL I predict will look like this next year.
LT-Ferguson LG-Faneca C-Mangold RG-Moore RT-Woody/Olivea* WHO EVER WE SIGN FOR RT.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

I think whoever signs Olivia (sp) should move him to RG.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers do have a history of letting players go just when they hit a wall due to age. This may or may not be true with Faneca but I think it's not a very big upgrade for the Jets. On the other hand their line might play at a very high level with D'Brick - Faneca - Mangold so it might be worth it.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
The Jets move wasn't bad, we were going to let Vilma go after this season anyways, and if you heard the deal, its a 4th rounder this year and based on performance could be as high as a 2nd round pick next year. So the Jets deal was this basically.
Jets get-08 4th rounder 09 2nd rounder
Saints get-Vilma 09 4th rounder
I don't know where you read those details on the trade but it was Vilma for a conditional 4th next season.

There's nothing reported anywhere that says the Saints gave up a 2nd and a 4th for Vilma so I dunno where your getting your info from.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a pick this year (I believe a 3rd) and a conditional pick in 2009. The initial reports of it just being a 2009 pick were false.

Anyway, I don't think anyone can disagree, nor do I think I'm being a homer, in saying that Lance Briggs for 12 million guaranteed is by far the best value so far. That's almost what Jerry Porter got. And Jerry Porter sucks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I don't know where you read those details on the trade but it was Vilma for a conditional 4th next season.

There's nothing reported anywhere that says the Saints gave up a 2nd and a 4th for Vilma so I dunno where your getting your info from.
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo...rue_worth.html

It can be as high as a 2nd next year based on performance.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Steelers do have a history of letting players go just when they hit a wall due to age. This may or may not be true with Faneca but I think it's not a very big upgrade for the Jets. On the other hand their line might play at a very high level with D'Brick - Faneca - Mangold so it might be worth it.
I love the Steeler way. Give them a fair value, if they turn it down, let them walk. They believe in drafting their players, and rarely overpay for people. I like that strategy. Kevin Colbert is a good GM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I love the Steeler way. Give them a fair value, if they turn it down, let them walk. They believe in drafting their players, and rarely overpay for people. I like that strategy. Kevin Colbert is a good GM.
Probably every GM believes in building through the draft... free agency is for hilling in holes quickly. Tannenbaum has had some great drafts in the past few years, picking up mainstays like Rhodes, D'Brick, Leon, Mangold, Revis, and Harris. That's a nice crop of players for 3 years of drafting.

The Jets had some major holes to fill, so capitalizing in FA was a must
Old 03-02-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo...rue_worth.html

It can be as high as a 2nd next year based on performance.
Got it so basically if Vilma resigns and plays light now next year, they will have gotten him for a 2nd round pick. Still not too bad.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
That's what I think is the biggest plus about the deal. Solidifying the LG position is great but bringing in a guy who will improve our entire left side of the line as well as give D'Brick and Mangold a mentor who has been a premier OL his whole career.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
Probably every GM believes in building through the draft... free agency is for hilling in holes quickly. Tannenbaum has had some great drafts in the past few years, picking up mainstays like Rhodes, D'Brick, Leon, Mangold, Revis, and Harris. That's a nice crop of players for 3 years of drafting.

The Jets had some major holes to fill, so capitalizing in FA was a must

LOL. Not every GM. I would say the skins and their front office use traded and FAs to solidify their roster.

Yeah if you guys can build off of that you guys can turn it around. I never liked the idea of changing to a 3-4 for you guys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Got it so basically if Vilma resigns and plays light now next year, they will have gotten him for a 2nd round pick. Still not too bad.
I'm not a huge fan of the value we got but yeah, a 2nd wouldn't be bad at all.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
LOL. Not every GM. I would say the skins and their front office use traded and FAs to solidify their roster.

Yeah if you guys can build off of that you guys can turn it around. I never liked the idea of changing to a 3-4 for you guys.
Your right, forgot about him... Snyder needs to be drug-tested though.

I agree with you on the 3-4 thing... it set the team back a few years. But I like that Tannenbaum is finally making a conscious effort to find the right players for the scheme (Jenkins, Harris last year).
Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What the hell is all this about the Steelers letting Faneca go? Lol...yea ok, keep telling that to yourselves. Faneca was pissed at the Steelers and absolutely did not want to resign with them, it was known during the season this year....he wouldn't have resigned with your guys regardless of your offer, nice try though, we all know you'd love Faneca back on your team and every team in the NFL aside from a few, would like him on there team as well...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca was pissed because the Steelers wouldn't give him the money he wanted. Stop being a little homer.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
What the hell is all this about the Steelers letting Faneca go? Lol...yea ok, keep telling that to yourselves. Faneca was pissed at the Steelers and absolutely did not want to resign with them, it was known during the season this year....he wouldn't have resigned with your guys regardless of your offer, nice try though, we all know you'd love Faneca back on your team and every team in the NFL aside from a few, would like him on there team as well...
Agreed... homers just lose to skew the story.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there's a little bit of homerism on both sides there. lol
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote