Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC West Division Forum

NFC West Division Forum Discuss the NFC West

Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Josh Brown = Traitor?

Quote:
Rams Sign Brown
Friday, February 29, 2008

By Nick Wagoner
Senior Writer

Two seasons ago, kicker Josh Brown almost single-handedly kept the Rams from a playoff berth, hitting a pair of game winning field goals to pave the way for a season sweep for division rival Seattle.

Now, Brown hopes to get the chance to kick the Rams in to the playoffs after signing a five-year contract with the team late Friday night, according to team sources.

Brown is widely considered one of the best kickers in the league with excellent accuracy and a strong leg. In five years with the Seahawks, Brown has hit 80 percent of his field goal attempts, including 13 from 50 yards or more.

In 2007, Brown was 28-of-34 and hit all 43 of his extra point attempts.

Brown has long been a thorn in the side of the Rams as many fans will remember the 54-yard field goal he made to beat the Rams in St. Louis and the 38-yarder he hit to beat them again in Seattle in 2006.

The Rams fell just short of the playoffs that year and would have made postseason play with a miss on either of those kicks.

The Seahawks had hoped to retain Brown, but other costs made re-signing him more difficult. The team placed the franchise tag on Brown last season, but wasnít able to get him signed to a long-term deal.

Signing a premier kicker became the Ramsí top priority on Friday morning when kicking stalwart Jeff Wilkins decided to officially retire.

The Rams didnít wait long to identify and target Brown, though. The sides had discussions with him for most of the day and immediately brought him to town to sign
That briefly appeared on the Rams' official website before being taken down. Will it become official again?
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Excuse me while I kill myself.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
I hope you aren't lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Posted: 03/01/2008
Rams all-time leading scorer Wilkins retires; Brown signed as replacement

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams replaced retiring kicker Jeff Wilkins almost immediately, signing Seattle Seahawks kicker Josh Brown to a five-year deal late Friday night.

Wilkins, the St. Louis Rams' career leading scorer and the best active long-range kicker in the NFL, announced his retirement Friday after 14 seasons. Shortly afterward, Brown was on the move.
Jeff Wilkins, K
St. Louis Rams

Career statistics
1,223 points*
265 FG*
80.8 FG pct.*
371 cons. PAT*

*Rams franchise leader

Brown's agent, Rob Roche, confirmed his client's agreement with St. Louis early Saturday in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Brown, who spent the last five seasons with Seattle, was seventh in the league in scoring in 2007 with a career-high 127 points, including 28 of 34 field goals. In 2006, Brown kicked a pair of field goals to defeat the Rams. He was a top priority for the Seahawks to re-sign last month and Seattle was believed to have offered him $14 million to stay.

Apparently the Rams gave him more, reportedly including a $4 million signing bonus. That would be the league's largest for a kicker.

Wilkins' departure leaves the Rams with three players from their Super Bowl victory in 2000: offensive tackle Orlando Pace, wide receiver Torry Holt and defensive end Leonard Little.

Isaac Bruce, who caught a touchdown pass in that game, was released in a salary cap move on Thursday.

The 35-year-old Wilkins had 1,223 points and 265 field goals with the Rams, finding a home after playing one season for the Eagles and two for the 49ers. He also leads the franchise in field goal attempts (328) and a success rate of 80.8 percent.

"Throughout my 11 years with the Rams, everybody in the organization has been fantastic from top to bottom," Wilkins said. "But my retirement is the best for me, my family and the Rams."

Wilkins was so accurate, former coach Mike Martz nicknamed him "Money."

"Jeff has been one of the best kickers that I have ever seen," Rams coach Scott Linehan said. "We will miss him here, but we also wish him well in retirement."

From 49 yards or longer, Wilkins was 39-for-50 for his career and 38-for-49 with the Rams. Among active kickers with 20 or more attempts, his 78 percent success rate from 49 yards or longer is the best in the NFL and his 25 field goals most in league history.

Wilkins hit a franchise-record 57-yard field goal in 1998 against the Falcons, and was perfect on 17 field goals in 2000, tying Tony Zendejas' franchise record for field goal percentage in a season.

He retires having hit 371 consecutive extra-point kicks, a franchise record and tied for the best in NFL history with Jason Elam (1993-2002).

Wilkins went to the Pro Bowl in 2003 after leading the NFL in scoring with 163 points, going 39-for-42 on field goal attempts that season. He's the only kicker in NFL history to make a field goal as time expired in the first half, second half and to end an overtime.

Brown's departure leaves the Seahawks in somewhat of a scramble for a key scorer. They have used most of their available money under the 2008 salary cap on placing their franchise-tag designation on Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Trufant, signing free agent Mike Wahle to start at left guard, and re-signing right tackle Sean Locklear.

Denver's Elam is the most highly regarded kicker remaining on the free-agent market.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Old 03-29-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think he really did it because i haven't seen him forever

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seahawks should have paid the man. Not very surprising that the Rams sign him though the've had to watch him 2 times a year for how many years?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
i think he really did it because i haven't seen him forever
I am starting to think that he did indeed do it haha. He hasn't been on since 3-19.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We miss you Tubby.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
We miss you Tubby.
It may have been true, that was his last post.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown finally kicks a game winner that goes in the Rams' favor!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! :D
Old 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-4 I love Jim!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Brown finally kicks a game winner that goes in the Rams' favor!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! :D
Tubby is rolling in his grave.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Tubby is rolling in his grave.
Do we celebrate or just spit on his tombstone?
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote