Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i'd have to disagree on a few of those fronts. I would also put the chargers WR and QB above that of KCs
QB? Yes.

WR as a whole? Maybe. But neither Chambers or Jackson is currently on the level of Dwayne Bowe.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Not to burst your bubble but Demorrio Williams barely held off a 4th round rookie for his job. He's weak at the point of attack, and will over-pursue.
Then again, I have been more critical of his play than other Falcons' fans.
Wasn't he also injured last year? That would contribute alot to struggling.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
I dont understand how you can say the chargers dont have a good WR corps Chambers still has a lot of juice left in his engine, Jackson proved to us in the playoffs that he can become a go to guy, and Davis will have a breakout year next year and is a perfect guy for the slot. Chargers have one of the top WR corps in the league in my opinion and with Gates opposing secondaries should be scared next year.
Are you kidding me? Chargers have one of the best WR corps in the NFL? Not even close.

Davis will have a breakout year? LMAO. Your probably one of the people that were saying Davis would turn out better than his former teammate Bowe. Yeah, that sure turned out great. All Davis is proving is that he was a reach just like everybody else said he would be.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Anyone who thinks that SD's WR group is even above average is on crack.

If such and such happens, then they might be, but as of the last football game that was played, they aren't even average. Still, they don't have to be that great, with Gates and LT, they only need to be able to make defenses pay for cheating on those other guys, which they are by a mile.
Did you watch last year's playoffs? Chambers and Jackson carried the Chargers' offense, not LT and Gates. They consistently made big plays, and I think they will only improve as they grow with Philip Rivers. I would definitely say they are above average.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is overrated.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Rivers is overrated.
I guess if overrated is carrying your team through hostile environments in the playoffs missing the best running back in the league, having the best TE not even a shell of his usual self and, I can't forget, no ACL in one knee, then yes he is overrated.

How can people comment on how good Buster Davis will be when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about? For one thing he was a rookie WR, and I'm not meaning to patronize anyone, but they rarely have significant impacts. For another, once he shook the nagging injuries he showed he is a player who does not drop passes and had key 3rd down plays for the team down the stretch. Unlike Bowe, Davis plays on an offense where he didn't have to immediately step up into a significant role. I'm not saying he will or will not be better than Bowe, just that it is unfair to criticize him after his first season.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he can't shed blockers for hte life of him, other than that he's a good pick up. he was solid for us the last 4 years.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
QB? Yes.

WR as a whole? Maybe. But neither Chambers or Jackson is currently on the level of Dwayne Bowe.

That may be true, but would you put Bowe and whoever the Chiefs #2 WR is on the same level of Chambers and Jackson? I have to wonder if the belief that the Chargers don't have a good receiver group is a carry over from last offseason. Trading for Chris Chambers put the kibosh on the Chargers have a bad receiver group.

Saying the Chargers have one of the best WR groups in the NFL is going a bit too far, but so is saying they aren't even above average.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers have a better receiving corps than the Chiefs. Bowe looks like he can be a stud, especially when you factor in that our offense was so bad.

With that being said, the Chargers have a good receiving group but calling it one of the best in the NFL is laughable. It has potential to be great, but it hasn't reached there yet.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Quote:
It has potential to be great, but it hasn't reached there yet.
Very well put.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Anyone who thinks that SD's WR group is even above average is on crack.

If such and such happens, then they might be, but as of the last football game that was played, they aren't even average. Still, they don't have to be that great, with Gates and LT, they only need to be able to make defenses pay for cheating on those other guys, which they are by a mile.
You mean those ones in the postseason where Jackson led with 300 yards, and Chambers was 3rd with 278? Yeah...they're the ones on crack...

Clearly, they are barely even average...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson, Chris Chambers, Craig Davis = Los Tres Asesinos

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have D-Bo at WR and ?? marks after that SD is better off at WR as of today.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

I think this signing gives more ammo to the theory that KC will target Dorsey or Ellis with the #5 pick to take up space in the middle. It's looking like Jake Long will be off the board by the time KC steps up to the podium, so going after a big DT in the 1st round and then picking up an OT in the 2nd seems like the best strategy.

A D-line featuring Allen and Hali on the outside and Dorsey and Boone in the middle should be effective in taking up blockers so the smaller LBs can be free to run around and make plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
I think this signing gives more ammo to the theory that KC will target Dorsey or Ellis with the #5 pick to take up space in the middle. It's looking like Jake Long will be off the board by the time KC steps up to the podium, so going after a big DT in the 1st round and then picking up an OT in the 2nd seems like the best strategy.

A D-line featuring Allen and Hali on the outside and Dorsey and Boone in the middle should be effective in taking up blockers so the smaller LBs can be free to run around and make plays.

I agree.From everything I read and heard about Williams he seems like an ideal cover 2 LB
Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'll be happy with either scenario, but if I had to pick between Dorsey and Ellis, I'd prefer to have Ellis.

If Jake Long is there at 5, which it really doesn't sound like he will be, I'd prefer we lock him up.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
That may be true, but would you put Bowe and whoever the Chiefs #2 WR is on the same level of Chambers and Jackson? I have to wonder if the belief that the Chargers don't have a good receiver group is a carry over from last offseason. Trading for Chris Chambers put the kibosh on the Chargers have a bad receiver group.

Saying the Chargers have one of the best WR groups in the NFL is going a bit too far, but so is saying they aren't even above average.
Again, I am stating the Chargers receiver corps is better than the Chiefs' (although that isn't saying much) but individually I believe Bowe is a better receiver than Chambers or Jackson. Bowe was only a rookie yet he outproduced both Jackson and Chambers in just about every category.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
The Chargers have a better receiving corps than the Chiefs. Bowe looks like he can be a stud, especially when you factor in that our offense was so bad.

With that being said, the Chargers have a good receiving group but calling it one of the best in the NFL is laughable. It has potential to be great, but it hasn't reached there yet.
I don't see how it has potential to be great. Chris Chambers is clearly the best of the bunch yet he will be 30 by the time the season starts. Vincent Jackson looks to be a solid #2 WR in the NFL. Craig Davis was completely unimpressive last year.

I wouldn't say they are below average but they are nowhere close to being "great."