Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, well Robertson isn't happening, based on PFT's comments about a Foxsports article I'm too lazy to read. Time to go back to the drawing board and figure out how desperately they want to unload Dewayne. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the end of the day, a deal is reached that involves futures.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
So because he's gonna be a NT in a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 he's suddenly gonna change his diet, his way of life and get in shape and stop getting hurt. Please.

Woody finished last season playing well. In a contract year. But the 3 years before that he was a letdown.

Your already talking about restructures so obviously you got concerns with the contracts you dished out.

Fact of the matter is I keep posting million of questions about the guys you signed and you keep anwsering back with theories (I think he'll be better at NT, I think they'll restructure, he was hurt last season).

All you have is theories for the million questions these guys come with. You can defend as much as you want but fact is that there's far too many questions for them all to go your way and your gonna end up paying for some of these moves.

And regarding Woody, since when is getting hurt a good thing? You defend his play because he was hurt but you forget the fact that he was hurt. It's never a good thing for a guy to have injuries.
If you don't know that a change of scenery can change alot about a player's perspective and can rejuvenate his career, you just haven't been watching football the past few years. Randy Moss ring a bell?

I'm not making excuses for any of the contracts. Yes, we overpaid for Woody and Pace. Nobody is going to take a paycut to play for the ******' Jets. However, the Detroit situation was not good for Woody. Offensive lines play as a unit and when one guy goes down/plays poorly, the rest of his linemates suffer as a result. All i know is that when Woody was healthy at the end of '07, he played very well despite the tight circumstances. He'll be healthy coming in to '08 so there's no big reason to be overly concerned.

Is he the pro-bowler he was in New England? No. Never said that. Is he big upgrade over anyone on the right side of our line (where he'll player, whether it by G or T)... absolutely. If he can give us 2-3 serviceable years, there will be no reason to complain.

And just because I brought up the possibility of reconstructing in the far future doesn't mean that I'm overly concerned... it happens to alot of veteran players. Don't try to misconstrue my thoughts.

Last edited by Bluedevil$ : 03-03-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I like about Woody, and I find it necessary for all o-linemen to have is flexibility. We just signed a guy who can start at guard, tackle, or center. Having a guy who can do that gives an o line a lot of depth.