Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
WhisperSeek

Default Regular Season Over: Now who is REALLY the OROY?

Here are the top 4 candidates, IMO (in no particular order). Final stats:

Vince Young

- 51.5% completions
- 2199 yrds passing
- 12 TD passes; 13 INT's
- QB rating: 66.7
- 83 rushes for 552 yrds and 7 TD's

Maurice Jones-Drew

- 166 rushes
- 941 yrds
- 5.7 ypc
- 13 TD's
- 46 receptions for 436 yards and 2 TD's
- 31 KR for 860 yrds and 1 TD

Marques Colston

- 70 receptions
- 1038 yrds
- 14.8 avr
- 8 TD's

Reggie Bush

- 155 rushes
- 565 yrds
- 3.6 ypc
- 6 TD's
- 88 receptions for 842 yards and 2 TD's
- 28 PR for 216 yards and 1 TD
Old 01-01-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my personal opinion:

Vince
McNeil
Colston
MJD
Reggie

But it's close the whole way.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maurice jones drew.... he was the best runner, plus he added dimensions in the recieving game and the return game

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favourites:
1. Vince Young
2. Marques Colston
3. Marcus McNeill

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice Jones-Drew
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As good as Maurice Jones-Drew's season was, I still feel that Vince Young is the leading candidate to win the award. Vince Young is a natural winner and he lead the Titans to an 8-8 season. I feel that Vince Young will soon overtake Mike Vicks position as the best dual-threat QB in the NFL. If not next season, then it will certainly be the next.

Now, if rookie offensive lineman actually got credit for there work(a-la Marcus McNeil, Dbrickashaw Ferguson) then they would be a close second.

Offensive Rookie of the Year Rankings(Including O-Lineman)
1. Vince Young QB Tennessee Titans
2. Marcus McNeil OT San Diego Chargers
3. Maurice Jones Drew RB Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Marques Colston WR New Orleans Saints
5. Dbrickashaw Ferguson OT New York Jets
6. Reggie Bush RB New Orleans Saints
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote goes to Young. He stepped into a bad team and lead them to wins. He doesn't have great stats that people look for but he made a bad team playoff contenders.

After Young I'd go Colston. WR is a hard position for rookies in the NFL and he did a great job. As a 7th rounder he got over 1000 even with missing a few games.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My breakdown goes like this:

1.Vince Young:highest winning percentage for a rookie in several years
2.Maurice Jones-Drew:Its something special when a rookie gets 2,237 total yardage
3.Marcu McNeil:Started all 16 games and paved the road for the best RB in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

It's obvious. It was a 2 man race for several weeks between Vince Young and Reggie Bush. Even though I think that Mo Jones-Drew deserves it, he doesn't get nearly enough publicity. Vince Young will win OROY.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan

2.Maurice Jones-Drew:Its something special when a rookie gets 2,237 total yardage
3.Marcu McNeil:Started all 16 games and paved the road for the best RB in the game

Don't you mean 2? lol, Big Ben went 14-0.

But still, even though I don't really agree with it, mostly due to subpar passing stats, he'll still win rookie of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Maurice Jones-Drew, hands down. He rushed for nearly 1000 yards BEHIND a 1000 yard rusher AND scored 16 TD's. 16.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tough call; it depends on the criteria used by the voters.

I'd say MJD and Colston are the most complete players....both of them are already performing like seasoned veterans, and should be marquee players for years to come.

But what Vince Young has done is simply incredible...possibly even unprecedented. He took a hopeless team that started 0-5 and very nearly took them to the playoffs. Moreover, he did this not as a "caretaker" QB, but as the focal point of the team's offense, and showed steady progress over the course of the entire season.

If you judge OROY strictly by statistics, then MJD is probably the choice.

But if you judge it in terms of MVP performance, and the rookie who had the biggest impact....the difference between winning or losing games... then Vince Young wins it hands down.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1. Colston
2. Vince Young
3. MJD
4. McNeil
5. Bush
6. Ferguson
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would have given it to Colston a few weeks ago, but I think I'd change my vote to MJD. He's just been a monster this year. 2237 total yards and 16 touchdowns is just ridiculous.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

But still, even though I don't really agree with it, mostly due to subpar passing stats, he'll still win rookie of the year.
Kyle Orton 9-5?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

Kyle Orton 9-5?
him too. So basically he has the best winning percentage by a rookie QB in one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

MJD, hands down...I know that everyone's beloved Vince Young took the team to 8-8, but he had some very horrible games...plus, he had to run the ball as much as he did because their oline wasn't very good...

Maurice Jones-Drew nearly had 1000 yards rushing behind fred taylor, had almost 500 receiving yards, was 4th on the team in receptions and was in the top 10 in the league in returning kicks...he even scored one...which he ended up tied for third in the league in total touchdowns...had they not used him so sparingly in the first three weeks he'd probably have close to 20 total touchdowns...without MJD the jags don't even come close to 8-8...

1) MJD
2) Vince Young
3) Marcus McNeil
4) Colston
5) Reggie Bush
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Regular Season Over: Now who is REALLY the OROY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperSeek
Vince Young

- 51.5% completions
- 2199 yrds passing
- 12 TD passes; 13 INT's
- QB rating: 66.7
- 83 rushes for 552 yrds and 7 TD's
I don't think you can vote for someone who puts up those passing numbers, over a guy like Colston who set a record and Bush who had over 1200 total yards
Old 01-01-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
coolrider8193

According to profootball weekly, Vince Young will be the OROY.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Godsend
Rookie

Godsend hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Drew all the way. He's got huge number, he played very well and like Jay said he was behind a 1000 yds's rusher. Great season.

AllDay
Godsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

drew should win this. he probly wont though

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
scrylla
Rookie

scrylla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Drew out performed Bush in every way shape and form. Colston wont get it because he missed a few games. VY's passer rating is horrible and although he has been excellent I still think it should go to Jones-Drew

1)MJD
2)VY
scrylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's ashame lineman will never win the award, because Marcus McNeill and Nick Mangold would both top the list. Mangold is one of the strongest lineman I've ever seen, especially with the way he drives tackles off the ball.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice Jones-Drew is a better and more productive player than Reggie Bush. I like Vince Young, but he doesn't deserve it, he has a long way to go when it comes to development.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mo-Drew and VY are the clear favorites to me, but Young will win it.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote