Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank The Tank
Old 01-01-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between Gore, Jackson, and Portis.

I'll go with Portis just because I don't think he can be forgotten aboutow good he is. Jackson and Gore both definitely have cases to be better, though.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Ronnie has the most potential and I like his style of play most, I's be interested in seeing what he could do with an Oline in front of him
Old 01-01-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Out of those? Steven Jackson, without a doubt.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just out of the ones listed there I would take Portis.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

although I love Stephen Jackson, if I were to choose one player to win me one game tommorow, it's gotta be Tiki Barber- the guy finds holes like none other. Too bad he's retiring though.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson easily.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Steven Jackson, then Michael Turner, then Mo Jones Drew.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
nice pick...i might take Turner #1 though......sometimes i think he as good as LT the way he breaks tackles

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Other
who ??
considering he has a josh brown sig, i would say he wants shaun alexander
Old 01-01-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24
Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
nice pick...i might take Turner #1 though......sometimes i think he as good as LT the way he breaks tackles
Please tell me you don't really believe Turner is better than guys like Jackson, Gore and Portis.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Portis hasn't done much since his injury... Gore on the other hand with 8 guys in the box almost every play averaged 5.4 ypc and had almost 1700 yards to lead the NFC in rushing. Injuries are concerned but he's young and he's got a good attitude. He says he's gonna rush for 2200 next season so beware. :!:

It's Gore or Jackson for me I chose Gore just because he's a local guy and I love the kid. In reality Jackson is probably better.

For people not on the list, MJD and Maroney are both solid, MJD would be my next choice after Gore and Jackson, probably ahead of Portis too. As for Turner the Burner, he hasn't had enough time for me to say. Plus SD has a really good run-blocking line.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clinton Portis followed by Steven Jackson and Frank Gore.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink

I'd take Gore then Edge then SJax.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really close between Jackson, Portis and Brown for me.

I love watching Brown run, and Jackson is great, but I'd take Portis. It's definitely close.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink

The thing that bothers me about Portis is the success of other RB's in the systems he's been in. Denver is obviously heaven for a running back and Betts has done great because of how good the OL is.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson, followed by Clinton Portis.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Either Steven Jackson or Rudi Johnson. If I had a ground and pound offense then I would easily go with Rudi. If I was using a balanced attack I'd go with Jackson. Really depends on the scheme I'm running.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson
Runs like a freight train and can juke a lot of agile players, decent enough hands as well. I don't necessarily like him for longer than 6-7 years which isn't really enough to build a franchise around like you can with some backs that last about 12 or 13 years.

Frank Gore
I like Gore a lot, especially his receiving ability but I don't know how long he can be a hammer back like he is.

Clinton Portis
Perfect blend of size, speed, power and agility. Great hands and route running, solid in pass protection and can turn any run into 6.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its really close between Gore and Jackson, but Gore fumbles too much so Id go with Jackson.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a game tomorrow I'd take Tiki or Jackson. However looking for the future and building a franchise I'd take Jackson still obviously or Ronnie Brown.

What we are seeing from Gore, in my opinion, is a flash in the pan. I really doubt he is nearly this successful next year.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take for this season or for a couple of years. For one year I would take Tiki Barber. But if it is for a couple years I would take the player with the most yards from scrimmage this year, Steven Jackson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALthoug hhe might not be the number one choice i think you should include last years rookie of the year Carnell WIlliams.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
ALthoug hhe might not be the number one choice i think you should include last years rookie of the year Carnell WIlliams.
We're talking about the best running back in the league after LT and LJ. Cadillac gets zero consideration after this season.